1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Sheffy

New Lawn care

Hi, i have a green house/orangery Planted up with bamboo , palms olive tree, grapevine and figs Because my cat millie has the run of the place i have a small strip of turf 12ft X2ft covering the...
    Hi, i have a green house/orangery Planted up with bamboo , palms olive tree, grapevine and figs Because my cat millie has the run of the place i have a small strip of turf 12ft X2ft covering the soil this to stop the cat using it as a toilet Can i use some other low cover plant to do the same job?
    Hi, i have a green house/orangery Planted up with bamboo , palms olive tree, grapevine and figs Because my cat millie has the run of the place i have a small strip of turf 12ft X2ft covering the soil this to stop the cat using it as a toilet Can...
    Hi, i have a green house/orangery Planted up with bamboo , palms olive tree, grapevine and figs Because my cat millie has the run of the place i have a small strip of turf 12ft X2ft covering the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. MattWR

Mushrooms in new lawn, help.

Matt, Was it you who asked the same question on another discussion site? and were you not happy with the advice you got there? The same answers here so hope you are happy now.:cnfs:
    Matt, Was it you who asked the same question on another discussion site? and were you not happy with the advice you got there? The same answers here so hope you are happy now.:cnfs:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. scottttyyyy

Help with new lawn

The car you see if the sister in laws whose away at present. The garage is used as a gym so never a need for a car there, and taking away all the area you see, still leaves a three car drive to...
    The car you see if the sister in laws whose away at present. The garage is used as a gym so never a need for a car there, and taking away all the area you see, still leaves a three car drive to the front (angle from where I was takin the picture). Think Ill get a professional in to provide...
    The car you see if the sister in laws whose away at present. The garage is used as a gym so never a need for a car there, and taking away all the area you see, still leaves a three car drive to the front (angle from where I was takin the...
    The car you see if the sister in laws whose away at present. The garage is used as a gym so never a need for a car there, and taking away all the area you see, still leaves a three car drive to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Renee

This fungus is ruining my lawn

There arent really any trade products suitable, a few for clearing fairy rings on golf courses and a few general fungicides but these are all VERY expensive and probably wouldnt be that...
    There arent really any trade products suitable, a few for clearing fairy rings on golf courses and a few general fungicides but these are all VERY expensive and probably wouldnt be that effective.The sensible course of action is to dismantle a small section of the wall and get the stump...
    There arent really any trade products suitable, a few for clearing fairy rings on golf courses and a few general fungicides but these are all VERY expensive and probably wouldnt be that effective.The sensible course of action is to dismantle...
    There arent really any trade products suitable, a few for clearing fairy rings on golf courses and a few general fungicides but these are all VERY expensive and probably wouldnt be that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kais

M Lawn needs desperate help

Where can I buy shade tollerant grass seeds from please? I have dug up the weeds under the walnut tree to leave bare soil. From what I understand from previous posts what products do I now need to...
    Where can I buy shade tollerant grass seeds from please? I have dug up the weeds under the walnut tree to leave bare soil. From what I understand from previous posts what products do I now need to fertalize the soil and treat the weeds incase they grow again (I will do this before I throw the...
    Where can I buy shade tollerant grass seeds from please? I have dug up the weeds under the walnut tree to leave bare soil. From what I understand from previous posts what products do I now need to fertalize the soil and treat the weeds incase...
    Where can I buy shade tollerant grass seeds from please? I have dug up the weeds under the walnut tree to leave bare soil. From what I understand from previous posts what products do I now need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kais

Help with my Grass

Thread continued in the lawns forum here:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. docb

brown base to lawn

also you have to remember that not all turf is the same. At the two ends of the scale you have meadow turf which likes to be left long and golf green turf which wants cutting twice a day, then...
    also you have to remember that not all turf is the same. At the two ends of the scale you have meadow turf which likes to be left long and golf green turf which wants cutting twice a day, then there are all the different types in between.
    also you have to remember that not all turf is the same. At the two ends of the scale you have meadow turf which likes to be left long and golf green turf which wants cutting twice a day, then there are all the different types in between.
    also you have to remember that not all turf is the same. At the two ends of the scale you have meadow turf which likes to be left long and golf green turf which wants cutting twice a day, then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. helenkab

Mushrooms in my new lawn

Pleased all is well Helen :gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. GardenerNewbie

Neglected Tufty Lawn

"Shoud I add the sand and top soil now or wait until early autumn?"Do that at the time you over-seed (personally I would do that in the Autumn)I would think that Sand and Soil will be about...
    "Shoud I add the sand and top soil now or wait until early autumn?"Do that at the time you over-seed (personally I would do that in the Autumn)I would think that Sand and Soil will be about the same cost. Both are heavy, so its all in the cost of transporting it. If you have a large area...
    "Shoud I add the sand and top soil now or wait until early autumn?"Do that at the time you over-seed (personally I would do that in the Autumn)I would think that Sand and Soil will be about the same cost. Both are heavy, so its all in the...
    "Shoud I add the sand and top soil now or wait until early autumn?"Do that at the time you over-seed (personally I would do that in the Autumn)I would think that Sand and Soil will be about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. bilabonic

HELP - Given up on my lawn !!!!! Start Again !!!

As Kristen says, you most certainly are selling yourself short-it even has stripes-completely different to my lawn-full of clover, daisees and buttercups-wouldn't stand a chance in a competition...
    As Kristen says, you most certainly are selling yourself short-it even has stripes-completely different to my lawn-full of clover, daisees and buttercups-wouldn't stand a chance in a competition with yours. Well done.
    As Kristen says, you most certainly are selling yourself short-it even has stripes-completely different to my lawn-full of clover, daisees and buttercups-wouldn't stand a chance in a competition with yours. Well done.
    As Kristen says, you most certainly are selling yourself short-it even has stripes-completely different to my lawn-full of clover, daisees and buttercups-wouldn't stand a chance in a competition...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. grovsey

discoloured grass

hi Grovsey. i always give the grass a good spray down ,after every cut,especially the edges,ie paths borders,edging stones, etc .especially if using a strimmer for the borders.i find the grass...
    hi Grovsey. i always give the grass a good spray down ,after every cut,especially the edges,ie paths borders,edging stones, etc .especially if using a strimmer for the borders.i find the grass gets torn with strimmers, and a good soaking heals the damaged blades of grass.it has worked for me. i...
    hi Grovsey. i always give the grass a good spray down ,after every cut,especially the edges,ie paths borders,edging stones, etc .especially if using a strimmer for the borders.i find the grass gets torn with strimmers, and a good soaking heals...
    hi Grovsey. i always give the grass a good spray down ,after every cut,especially the edges,ie paths borders,edging stones, etc .especially if using a strimmer for the borders.i find the grass...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sweetpeas

Look.....Grass

they cute sweetpeas and i like their new home
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. completely green but keen

Laying a new lawn - a different problem

On Gardeners Question Time today they were saying it is nearly time for new lawns ,to do all the ground work and allow the soil to settle, dig it over and then, any weeds that come through can be...
    On Gardeners Question Time today they were saying it is nearly time for new lawns ,to do all the ground work and allow the soil to settle, dig it over and then, any weeds that come through can be removed before the final raking of the soil . :thumb:
    On Gardeners Question Time today they were saying it is nearly time for new lawns ,to do all the ground work and allow the soil to settle, dig it over and then, any weeds that come through can be removed before the final raking of the soil . :thumb:
    On Gardeners Question Time today they were saying it is nearly time for new lawns ,to do all the ground work and allow the soil to settle, dig it over and then, any weeds that come through can be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lsg

Laying a new lawn - can I mix bark with topsoil?

It will encourage fungi as said previously
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. alistairjackman

Absolute beginner - preparing soil for lawn HELP!

Hi AlastairWelcome to the forum.Your idea is perfectly feasible.What you are digging in will be the subsoil for your lawn. Remove any stones (as big as a walnut) and any solid patches...
    Hi AlastairWelcome to the forum.Your idea is perfectly feasible.What you are digging in will be the subsoil for your lawn. Remove any stones (as big as a walnut) and any solid patches of gravel or shingle. Then compact it - but not too much. Then you'll need at least 150mm layer of...
    Hi AlastairWelcome to the forum.Your idea is perfectly feasible.What you are digging in will be the subsoil for your lawn. Remove any stones (as big as a walnut) and any solid patches of gravel or shingle. Then compact it - but not...
    Hi AlastairWelcome to the forum.Your idea is perfectly feasible.What you are digging in will be the subsoil for your lawn. Remove any stones (as big as a walnut) and any solid patches...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. chriz1

iffy looking lawn

i will give it a good raking and wattering too,it has been very hot and dry lately
    i will give it a good raking and wattering too,it has been very hot and dry lately
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. harveypooka

Laid a lawn - is it ready?

"I'd forgotten about that bit":DNail-scissors will take a little longer, eh?!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. chipper

My lawn renovation

Thanks Paul.:thmb: Just been on their site and ALS Premier Soluble Iron 4kg = £9.50+ £14.50 postage.
    Thanks Paul.:thmb: Just been on their site and ALS Premier Soluble Iron 4kg = £9.50+ £14.50 postage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dawn78

What can i do to make this dead lawn nice again :(

Got any picks of yellowing. Don't cut too short and feed with some liquid iron.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dawn78

lawn going brown :(

i am noticing alot of the grass strands are going a browny-yellow, can anyone help with ideas what this could be, was loving having such green grass but its a overall problem rather than a patch :(
    i am noticing alot of the grass strands are going a browny-yellow, can anyone help with ideas what this could be, was loving having such green grass but its a overall problem rather than a patch :(
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice