1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. worsley947

Petrol Lawnmowers

I agree with Larkshall. I've got a Sovereign, self-propelled mower with a 3.5. hp Briggs and Stratton engine which I've had for about five years. It's never been serviced, lives in a damp shed but...
    I agree with Larkshall. I've got a Sovereign, self-propelled mower with a 3.5. hp Briggs and Stratton engine which I've had for about five years. It's never been serviced, lives in a damp shed but always starts when it comes out of its winter hibernation.:gnthb:
    I agree with Larkshall. I've got a Sovereign, self-propelled mower with a 3.5. hp Briggs and Stratton engine which I've had for about five years. It's never been serviced, lives in a damp shed but always starts when it comes out of its winter...
    I agree with Larkshall. I've got a Sovereign, self-propelled mower with a 3.5. hp Briggs and Stratton engine which I've had for about five years. It's never been serviced, lives in a damp shed but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. k21000

Ugly garden fence and plain lawn garden. Makeover ideas?

You are lucky to get a blank canvas!I would recommend Protek fence paint in Soft Sage (if you see my garden thread in garden projects, you'll see the colour) It is a receding colour so it...
    You are lucky to get a blank canvas!I would recommend Protek fence paint in Soft Sage (if you see my garden thread in garden projects, you'll see the colour) It is a receding colour so it will help your garden look larger :)I look forward to seeing your developments, whatever you decide :)
    You are lucky to get a blank canvas!I would recommend Protek fence paint in Soft Sage (if you see my garden thread in garden projects, you'll see the colour) It is a receding colour so it will help your garden look larger :)I look forward...
    You are lucky to get a blank canvas!I would recommend Protek fence paint in Soft Sage (if you see my garden thread in garden projects, you'll see the colour) It is a receding colour so it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. by_the_park

Turfing Questions

"If I want to dig new borders, is it simply a case of digging up the weeds and laying down some weedkiller? "Either dig up the weeds or spray them with weed killer. Don't dig up the weeds and...
    "If I want to dig new borders, is it simply a case of digging up the weeds and laying down some weedkiller? "Either dig up the weeds or spray them with weed killer. Don't dig up the weeds and then apply weed killer."I have a huge weed in the middle of the lawn (you can see in the photo). If...
    "If I want to dig new borders, is it simply a case of digging up the weeds and laying down some weedkiller? "Either dig up the weeds or spray them with weed killer. Don't dig up the weeds and then apply weed killer."I have a huge weed in the...
    "If I want to dig new borders, is it simply a case of digging up the weeds and laying down some weedkiller? "Either dig up the weeds or spray them with weed killer. Don't dig up the weeds and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. robw

Need new lawn

Hi, I am new to the site and am a useless gardner. I have a lawn that is currently a mess mainly covered in moss and weeds and would like it to improve! I was thinking of hiring a lawn turf...
    Hi, I am new to the site and am a useless gardner. I have a lawn that is currently a mess mainly covered in moss and weeds and would like it to improve! I was thinking of hiring a lawn turf remover but can't really afford the expense and also would struggle to get the machine through the house...
    Hi, I am new to the site and am a useless gardner. I have a lawn that is currently a mess mainly covered in moss and weeds and would like it to improve! I was thinking of hiring a lawn turf remover but can't really afford the expense and also...
    Hi, I am new to the site and am a useless gardner. I have a lawn that is currently a mess mainly covered in moss and weeds and would like it to improve! I was thinking of hiring a lawn turf...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Little Miss Road Rage

I've killed a big patch of lawn what can I do?

I must get round to doing the test patch been busy and been to weymouth today
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Adam Moran

Growing a new lawn

You can sow now, but you must water it lightly unless rain is expected and keep this up for the week or so until it germinates.Take time to prepare the soil, fork it and break it up with a...
    You can sow now, but you must water it lightly unless rain is expected and keep this up for the week or so until it germinates.Take time to prepare the soil, fork it and break it up with a rake then tread it down and lightly rake then seed.
    You can sow now, but you must water it lightly unless rain is expected and keep this up for the week or so until it germinates.Take time to prepare the soil, fork it and break it up with a rake then tread it down and lightly rake then seed.
    You can sow now, but you must water it lightly unless rain is expected and keep this up for the week or so until it germinates.Take time to prepare the soil, fork it and break it up with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. crocket53

new lawn

Hi Keith we have just laid a lawn 3 weeks ago, We used a wacker first then top soil and ive just gave it its first cut...Hope this helps..
    Hi Keith we have just laid a lawn 3 weeks ago, We used a wacker first then top soil and ive just gave it its first cut...Hope this helps..
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. qwertyjjj

Urine resistant grass / dog proof

Thanks plantstar, ill try that, at the minute she's eating anything i give her :) and im gonna persevere with the sauce...
    Thanks plantstar, ill try that, at the minute she's eating anything i give her :) and im gonna persevere with the sauce...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rider

Lawnmower advice

How bigs the lawn, how often will you mow, and is it level and easily mown - not lots of small curvy edges. How will you get rid of the clippings. Do you want nice stripes
    How bigs the lawn, how often will you mow, and is it level and easily mown - not lots of small curvy edges. How will you get rid of the clippings. Do you want nice stripes
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sawdox

Lawn holes

they could be worm casts at this time of year. ona dry day brush them away before mowing, and whatever you do...DON'T KILL THE WORMS. They are great for your lawn!!
    they could be worm casts at this time of year. ona dry day brush them away before mowing, and whatever you do...DON'T KILL THE WORMS. They are great for your lawn!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. happymundays

Advice on my new lawn

Thank you I will moniter the soil. I will back off with the watering a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. beginnersluck

staying off the lawn!

Hello and welcome to GC. Turf it is my advice, the dog will destroy any thing you put in, but at least turf has a chance.
    Hello and welcome to GC. Turf it is my advice, the dog will destroy any thing you put in, but at least turf has a chance.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. carolla1

lawn care

Good for hair that has turned green swimming often too ... :)Pouring water on the spot (just after the dogs wees) is good, but not much help if the dog is out there unattended / unwatched of...
    Good for hair that has turned green swimming often too ... :)Pouring water on the spot (just after the dogs wees) is good, but not much help if the dog is out there unattended / unwatched of course.My lawn gets patches like that in the Spring, from Winter peeing, but they clear up as the grass...
    Good for hair that has turned green swimming often too ... :)Pouring water on the spot (just after the dogs wees) is good, but not much help if the dog is out there unattended / unwatched of course.My lawn gets patches like that in the Spring,...
    Good for hair that has turned green swimming often too ... :)Pouring water on the spot (just after the dogs wees) is good, but not much help if the dog is out there unattended / unwatched of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Small flower

Look at the state of my lawn!! Advice needed

A good feed to get it growing and then a good rake/scarify, but I would wait until we have some rain as the ground (round here anyway) is very dryWorm casts are a pain aand if squashed-in they...
    A good feed to get it growing and then a good rake/scarify, but I would wait until we have some rain as the ground (round here anyway) is very dryWorm casts are a pain aand if squashed-in they form a nice bare bit of earth for the weeds to grow. Remove them before mowing. It could be that...
    A good feed to get it growing and then a good rake/scarify, but I would wait until we have some rain as the ground (round here anyway) is very dryWorm casts are a pain aand if squashed-in they form a nice bare bit of earth for the weeds to...
    A good feed to get it growing and then a good rake/scarify, but I would wait until we have some rain as the ground (round here anyway) is very dryWorm casts are a pain aand if squashed-in they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bashy

Lawn seed question

"Don't give your lawn too much water, or the seed will rot rather than germinate! I would imagine that there is enough moisture in the soil to get the grass seed to start growing"I agree, don't...
    "Don't give your lawn too much water, or the seed will rot rather than germinate! I would imagine that there is enough moisture in the soil to get the grass seed to start growing"I agree, don't water unless we get a prolonged dry spell - you will have to water a spring-sown lawn once we get to...
    "Don't give your lawn too much water, or the seed will rot rather than germinate! I would imagine that there is enough moisture in the soil to get the grass seed to start growing"I agree, don't water unless we get a prolonged dry spell - you...
    "Don't give your lawn too much water, or the seed will rot rather than germinate! I would imagine that there is enough moisture in the soil to get the grass seed to start growing"I agree, don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. compost maker

Are lawn edging strips any good?

I'm too mean to have any edging material - I bought some plastic once and the mower chewed it up in no time at all ...... every couple of years I cut the "turf" at the edge, move it forwards a...
    I'm too mean to have any edging material - I bought some plastic once and the mower chewed it up in no time at all ...... every couple of years I cut the "turf" at the edge, move it forwards a couple of inches (i.e. OVER the path), then use a board to re-cut a dead-straight edge, and all the...
    I'm too mean to have any edging material - I bought some plastic once and the mower chewed it up in no time at all ...... every couple of years I cut the "turf" at the edge, move it forwards a couple of inches (i.e. OVER the path), then use a...
    I'm too mean to have any edging material - I bought some plastic once and the mower chewed it up in no time at all ...... every couple of years I cut the "turf" at the edge, move it forwards a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. leetwin

advice on renovating my lawn????

Just a question,when you airate the lawn how many holes do you put it in in say a square meter?
    Just a question,when you airate the lawn how many holes do you put it in in say a square meter?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. treehouse

Time to Turf?

Many thanks for your words of advice and encouragement Aaron! I have got the mantra ready for my brother, and will chant it down the phone at him, via his facebook, and through regular text...
    Many thanks for your words of advice and encouragement Aaron! I have got the mantra ready for my brother, and will chant it down the phone at him, via his facebook, and through regular text messaging. 'water it, water it, water it all the time..... or it will die, water, water, water..........!...
    Many thanks for your words of advice and encouragement Aaron! I have got the mantra ready for my brother, and will chant it down the phone at him, via his facebook, and through regular text messaging. 'water it, water it, water it all the...
    Many thanks for your words of advice and encouragement Aaron! I have got the mantra ready for my brother, and will chant it down the phone at him, via his facebook, and through regular text...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. caramackid

time frame for laying a new lawn

Here's a Link for laying Turf.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Genevieve

Lawn Weed Control and Cats

Hi, we have a cat and lawn feed & weed control is dangerous if it is digested. Evergreen do an organic version but it doesn't kill the weeds. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Kind...
    Hi, we have a cat and lawn feed & weed control is dangerous if it is digested. Evergreen do an organic version but it doesn't kill the weeds. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Kind regards
    Hi, we have a cat and lawn feed & weed control is dangerous if it is digested. Evergreen do an organic version but it doesn't kill the weeds. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Kind regards
    Hi, we have a cat and lawn feed & weed control is dangerous if it is digested. Evergreen do an organic version but it doesn't kill the weeds. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Kind...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice