1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Genevieve

Lawn Weed Control and Cats

Hi, we have a cat and lawn feed & weed control is dangerous if it is digested. Evergreen do an organic version but it doesn't kill the weeds. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Kind...
    Hi, we have a cat and lawn feed & weed control is dangerous if it is digested. Evergreen do an organic version but it doesn't kill the weeds. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Kind regards
    Hi, we have a cat and lawn feed & weed control is dangerous if it is digested. Evergreen do an organic version but it doesn't kill the weeds. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Kind regards
    Hi, we have a cat and lawn feed & weed control is dangerous if it is digested. Evergreen do an organic version but it doesn't kill the weeds. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Kind...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. cymro

grass seeds

Farmers use cd's, which they hang from branches of trees, perhaps a washing line could be an improvisation.When sowing grass seed, I tend to leave extra seed on top so that if the birds get to...
    Farmers use cd's, which they hang from branches of trees, perhaps a washing line could be an improvisation.When sowing grass seed, I tend to leave extra seed on top so that if the birds get to it, they ain't pinching what needs to be growing.Hope this Helps!
    Farmers use cd's, which they hang from branches of trees, perhaps a washing line could be an improvisation.When sowing grass seed, I tend to leave extra seed on top so that if the birds get to it, they ain't pinching what needs to be...
    Farmers use cd's, which they hang from branches of trees, perhaps a washing line could be an improvisation.When sowing grass seed, I tend to leave extra seed on top so that if the birds get to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Bally

Removing grass

Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought a new house last year with a good size garden the builder fenced the boundary off, but at the bottom of the garden over the fence is the bit of land...
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought a new house last year with a good size garden the builder fenced the boundary off, but at the bottom of the garden over the fence is the bit of land mentioned, that also belongs to me. The first job I did when I move in was to plant a 20m privet to...
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought a new house last year with a good size garden the builder fenced the boundary off, but at the bottom of the garden over the fence is the bit of land mentioned, that also belongs to me. The first job I...
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought a new house last year with a good size garden the builder fenced the boundary off, but at the bottom of the garden over the fence is the bit of land...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jakeyseven

lawn problems

Newly seeded patches do look different the first year - sort of shiney - it looks more like normal grass thereafter.
    Newly seeded patches do look different the first year - sort of shiney - it looks more like normal grass thereafter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. dansin

Reviving 'Lawn' after building work

There is no benefit in doubling up ANY herbicide, the dose rate stated by the manufactures is the optimum if a higher dose was beneficial they would use this. With roundup doubling the dose...
    There is no benefit in doubling up ANY herbicide, the dose rate stated by the manufactures is the optimum if a higher dose was beneficial they would use this. With roundup doubling the dose decreases the efficiency.If you have anything persistent then spray twice, once with a two week gap...
    There is no benefit in doubling up ANY herbicide, the dose rate stated by the manufactures is the optimum if a higher dose was beneficial they would use this. With roundup doubling the dose decreases the efficiency.If you have anything...
    There is no benefit in doubling up ANY herbicide, the dose rate stated by the manufactures is the optimum if a higher dose was beneficial they would use this. With roundup doubling the dose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. L plate gardener

grass looks bad after chaffer grubs last year

Feed the grass well and if you see bare patches dig them up and physically kill the little blighter. then reseed the patch.no point reseeding if the grub is still there.From memory the...
    Feed the grass well and if you see bare patches dig them up and physically kill the little blighter. then reseed the patch.no point reseeding if the grub is still there.From memory the grass is more attractive to the chafer if there is lots of organic material in the soil.
    Feed the grass well and if you see bare patches dig them up and physically kill the little blighter. then reseed the patch.no point reseeding if the grub is still there.From memory the grass is more attractive to the chafer if there is...
    Feed the grass well and if you see bare patches dig them up and physically kill the little blighter. then reseed the patch.no point reseeding if the grub is still there.From memory the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. akki007

Brick, soil, turf

If the bricks are like a wall under the soil then you really have no choice but to remove them I'm afraid. They will prevent the grass from growing properly and affect drainage. Can you use the...
    If the bricks are like a wall under the soil then you really have no choice but to remove them I'm afraid. They will prevent the grass from growing properly and affect drainage. Can you use the bricks for anything? If they are in reasonable condition then think twice about throwing them away -...
    If the bricks are like a wall under the soil then you really have no choice but to remove them I'm afraid. They will prevent the grass from growing properly and affect drainage. Can you use the bricks for anything? If they are in reasonable...
    If the bricks are like a wall under the soil then you really have no choice but to remove them I'm afraid. They will prevent the grass from growing properly and affect drainage. Can you use the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. David G

First Cut

I'd go along with that, though maybe a lesser cut. I've a sneaking thought at the back of my mind that I was told once for the first cut to go no shorter than 1/3, as the shock of a harsher cut...
    I'd go along with that, though maybe a lesser cut. I've a sneaking thought at the back of my mind that I was told once for the first cut to go no shorter than 1/3, as the shock of a harsher cut can stunt the growth of some of the grass.Mind you, no lawn at the moment, so can't put it to the...
    I'd go along with that, though maybe a lesser cut. I've a sneaking thought at the back of my mind that I was told once for the first cut to go no shorter than 1/3, as the shock of a harsher cut can stunt the growth of some of the grass.Mind...
    I'd go along with that, though maybe a lesser cut. I've a sneaking thought at the back of my mind that I was told once for the first cut to go no shorter than 1/3, as the shock of a harsher cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. flowerpotty

lawn mower wont start

Good news, glad it worked out for you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. joemarkey6

lawn drainage,

im gutted that my pea pod idea was a none starter, how easy would that be!:dh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. steveandamy

Turning lawn into raised beds

We put in raised beds a couple years ago, and i love them :gnthb::gnthb: Here are a couple pics of mine And one more The big one across the back measure 40 feet long, by 4 feet...
    We put in raised beds a couple years ago, and i love them :gnthb::gnthb: Here are a couple pics of mine And one more The big one across the back measure 40 feet long, by 4 feet wide, by 3 1/2 high :thmb: And the smaller one is about 1/2 the size.
    We put in raised beds a couple years ago, and i love them :gnthb::gnthb: Here are a couple pics of mine And one more The big one across the back measure 40 feet long, by 4 feet wide, by 3 1/2 high :thmb: And the smaller one is...
    We put in raised beds a couple years ago, and i love them :gnthb::gnthb: Here are a couple pics of mine And one more The big one across the back measure 40 feet long, by 4 feet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. cymro

seeding lawn

cyrmo,If the area is shaded by the trees, use a grass seed mix for shady areas and keep the grass fairly high..You probably only need to aerate if the lawn was growing poorly...
    cyrmo,If the area is shaded by the trees, use a grass seed mix for shady areas and keep the grass fairly high..You probably only need to aerate if the lawn was growing poorly before.Quickest way to get up the leaves is to run the lawn mwer over them. It also provides a good mix for...
    cyrmo,If the area is shaded by the trees, use a grass seed mix for shady areas and keep the grass fairly high..You probably only need to aerate if the lawn was growing poorly before.Quickest way to get up the leaves is to run the lawn...
    cyrmo,If the area is shaded by the trees, use a grass seed mix for shady areas and keep the grass fairly high..You probably only need to aerate if the lawn was growing poorly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. men8ifr

Does one seed make one blade of grass

Blimey - spelt it correctly!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clueless1

Fun on the lawn

He's gone back home now, and I have to say that while it was fun, I'm glad to have some peace again.After we'd coated the whole lawn in sand, the neighbour came out. He is very knowledgeable...
    He's gone back home now, and I have to say that while it was fun, I'm glad to have some peace again.After we'd coated the whole lawn in sand, the neighbour came out. He is very knowledgeable about all things garden related. I told him what we done and what the plan was, and he immediately...
    He's gone back home now, and I have to say that while it was fun, I'm glad to have some peace again.After we'd coated the whole lawn in sand, the neighbour came out. He is very knowledgeable about all things garden related. I told him what we...
    He's gone back home now, and I have to say that while it was fun, I'm glad to have some peace again.After we'd coated the whole lawn in sand, the neighbour came out. He is very knowledgeable...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. benacre

Lawn Care

Now is a good time to prick your compacted Lawns. on clay soil this is important to increase drainage and help the air circulate. I normally rake as much moss off as I can, prick the lawn mix...
    Now is a good time to prick your compacted Lawns. on clay soil this is important to increase drainage and help the air circulate. I normally rake as much moss off as I can, prick the lawn mix grass seed in with sharp sand and rake the lot in. I do not use a moss killer prefering to broadcast...
    Now is a good time to prick your compacted Lawns. on clay soil this is important to increase drainage and help the air circulate. I normally rake as much moss off as I can, prick the lawn mix grass seed in with sharp sand and rake the lot in. I...
    Now is a good time to prick your compacted Lawns. on clay soil this is important to increase drainage and help the air circulate. I normally rake as much moss off as I can, prick the lawn mix...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. RipSlider

Earliest time of year I can lay turf?

Agree with Loofah - also you might have a bit of difficulty finding turf supplies?
    Agree with Loofah - also you might have a bit of difficulty finding turf supplies?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sheppy

Wet, muddy, heartbreakingly sad looking lawn :(

Hi, it's been a while since I've been on this site, but need your help again please. My garden has always been prone to holding water, and previous winters we have left it knowing that it would...
    Hi, it's been a while since I've been on this site, but need your help again please. My garden has always been prone to holding water, and previous winters we have left it knowing that it would dry out in the spring. But, since last year we adopted Scooby, our lovely Springer Spaniel! Now...
    Hi, it's been a while since I've been on this site, but need your help again please. My garden has always been prone to holding water, and previous winters we have left it knowing that it would dry out in the spring. But, since last year we...
    Hi, it's been a while since I've been on this site, but need your help again please. My garden has always been prone to holding water, and previous winters we have left it knowing that it would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ade1970

Lawn Question?

ade,This winter has been the worst I can remember for being both cold and wet which wont have helped. If its a recently established lawn - it needs to get its roots down. I would wait until...
    ade,This winter has been the worst I can remember for being both cold and wet which wont have helped. If its a recently established lawn - it needs to get its roots down. I would wait until March and see what its like then.
    ade,This winter has been the worst I can remember for being both cold and wet which wont have helped. If its a recently established lawn - it needs to get its roots down. I would wait until March and see what its like then.
    ade,This winter has been the worst I can remember for being both cold and wet which wont have helped. If its a recently established lawn - it needs to get its roots down. I would wait until...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Stig

messed up lawn.

I wouldn't plant a willow close to the house or other houses even if it is pollarded. If you have puddles arter it rains then you have a problem but lots of people manage with a clay soil and it...
    I wouldn't plant a willow close to the house or other houses even if it is pollarded. If you have puddles arter it rains then you have a problem but lots of people manage with a clay soil and it suits a goodrange of plants.You could try obtaining some dogwood cuttings - but thats on another...
    I wouldn't plant a willow close to the house or other houses even if it is pollarded. If you have puddles arter it rains then you have a problem but lots of people manage with a clay soil and it suits a goodrange of plants.You could try...
    I wouldn't plant a willow close to the house or other houses even if it is pollarded. If you have puddles arter it rains then you have a problem but lots of people manage with a clay soil and it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ChrisLuv

Removing unwanted lawn

"Though the garden is on a bit of a slope bordering a public footpath so they offer a bit of privacy from the top you could see the bottom of the garden and the house without them."Perhaps...
    "Though the garden is on a bit of a slope bordering a public footpath so they offer a bit of privacy from the top you could see the bottom of the garden and the house without them."Perhaps consider replacing with a pleached hedge. You'll have to wait a few years for it to make a privacy-wall...
    "Though the garden is on a bit of a slope bordering a public footpath so they offer a bit of privacy from the top you could see the bottom of the garden and the house without them."Perhaps consider replacing with a pleached hedge. You'll have...
    "Though the garden is on a bit of a slope bordering a public footpath so they offer a bit of privacy from the top you could see the bottom of the garden and the house without them."Perhaps...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice