1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. shiney

To Mow Or Not To Mow

Hi Sherlock :hehe: You're right about no toys or bikes but the other bits are there but out of sight of the camera :thumb:. You can see that I left a stepladder out - should have moved that...
    Hi Sherlock :hehe: You're right about no toys or bikes but the other bits are there but out of sight of the camera :thumb:. You can see that I left a stepladder out - should have moved that before taking the photo. You can see more of my garden in this thread:-
    Hi Sherlock :hehe: You're right about no toys or bikes but the other bits are there but out of sight of the camera :thumb:. You can see that I left a stepladder out - should have moved that before taking the photo. You can see more of my...
    Hi Sherlock :hehe: You're right about no toys or bikes but the other bits are there but out of sight of the camera :thumb:. You can see that I left a stepladder out - should have moved that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. men8ifr

What type of grass is this?

That looks like standard grade turf.Unless you are prepared to mow weekly with a cylinder mower and religiusly spray,water, feed and scarify then there is no point wasting money on fine grade...
    That looks like standard grade turf.Unless you are prepared to mow weekly with a cylinder mower and religiusly spray,water, feed and scarify then there is no point wasting money on fine grade turf.
    That looks like standard grade turf.Unless you are prepared to mow weekly with a cylinder mower and religiusly spray,water, feed and scarify then there is no point wasting money on fine grade turf.
    That looks like standard grade turf.Unless you are prepared to mow weekly with a cylinder mower and religiusly spray,water, feed and scarify then there is no point wasting money on fine grade...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. RYDALL
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. RoRo

Patchy lawn

Roro, listen to Claire and Paul, don`t follow the " expert ".:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Nigel62

Problem lawn

Hi What you have is slime mold usually sandy soil and in a drip line of a tree becomes a hard crust when dry and a slime when wet.Yes Hollow tine aerate the whole lawn but first treat with lawn...
    Hi What you have is slime mold usually sandy soil and in a drip line of a tree becomes a hard crust when dry and a slime when wet.Yes Hollow tine aerate the whole lawn but first treat with lawn sand (sulphate of iron & sulphate of ammonia and sharp sand mixed) sold for under £10 in 20gk. Be...
    Hi What you have is slime mold usually sandy soil and in a drip line of a tree becomes a hard crust when dry and a slime when wet.Yes Hollow tine aerate the whole lawn but first treat with lawn sand (sulphate of iron & sulphate of ammonia and...
    Hi What you have is slime mold usually sandy soil and in a drip line of a tree becomes a hard crust when dry and a slime when wet.Yes Hollow tine aerate the whole lawn but first treat with lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. colint

Is it too late to mow / winter care

Just about to cut my lawns now to make the most of the dry weather!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Small flower

Best impliment to aerate the lawn?

I've just fed my lawn with an autumn feed with moss killer in and then hopefully next week I can aerate and scarify and top dress and by next year it'll be a brilliant lawn. Well as long as it's...
    I've just fed my lawn with an autumn feed with moss killer in and then hopefully next week I can aerate and scarify and top dress and by next year it'll be a brilliant lawn. Well as long as it's better than my dad's I'll be happy :D
    I've just fed my lawn with an autumn feed with moss killer in and then hopefully next week I can aerate and scarify and top dress and by next year it'll be a brilliant lawn. Well as long as it's better than my dad's I'll be happy :D
    I've just fed my lawn with an autumn feed with moss killer in and then hopefully next week I can aerate and scarify and top dress and by next year it'll be a brilliant lawn. Well as long as it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. riverside

grass seed still not growing

Shouldn't do any harm, but if its wet the soil, and grass seedlings, may stick to your boots ..... I suggest putting a board down, and working from that.
    Shouldn't do any harm, but if its wet the soil, and grass seedlings, may stick to your boots ..... I suggest putting a board down, and working from that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. pip

Leatherjackets in lawn.

Like the sound of that Garden Master :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Loofah

Caution, lawn obsessive

It wasn't so much the length of time or the activity, it was the realisation that I enjoyed it sooo much just sitting on the lawn doing it! Maybe it should be xx-something lawn obsessives! (but...
    It wasn't so much the length of time or the activity, it was the realisation that I enjoyed it sooo much just sitting on the lawn doing it! Maybe it should be xx-something lawn obsessives! (but not xxx-something lawn obsessives lol)
    It wasn't so much the length of time or the activity, it was the realisation that I enjoyed it sooo much just sitting on the lawn doing it! Maybe it should be xx-something lawn obsessives! (but not xxx-something lawn obsessives lol)
    It wasn't so much the length of time or the activity, it was the realisation that I enjoyed it sooo much just sitting on the lawn doing it! Maybe it should be xx-something lawn obsessives! (but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. madhoose2k

Lawn Sanitiser???

Yeah your right, hope its a small patch of lot. But with the moving, and the toddler tending and someone working outside the home its still a lot. Maybe they could tell the prior owners to do...
    Yeah your right, hope its a small patch of lot. But with the moving, and the toddler tending and someone working outside the home its still a lot. Maybe they could tell the prior owners to do it. Or have it done.
    Yeah your right, hope its a small patch of lot. But with the moving, and the toddler tending and someone working outside the home its still a lot. Maybe they could tell the prior owners to do it. Or have it done.
    Yeah your right, hope its a small patch of lot. But with the moving, and the toddler tending and someone working outside the home its still a lot. Maybe they could tell the prior owners to do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. hilldweller

Lawn Terracing

lol don't think your neighbours would thank u for making their gardens collapse
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Stroudy1975

Lawn first aid required

Stroudy: It does look like rather a co@rse grass you have, so I would try and cut it a bit shorter to encourage the finer grasses to come through. When you rake up the loose grass you should find...
    Stroudy: It does look like rather a co@rse grass you have, so I would try and cut it a bit shorter to encourage the finer grasses to come through. When you rake up the loose grass you should find that some of longer bits now stand up, give it another trim with the mower. You could sprinkle small...
    Stroudy: It does look like rather a co@rse grass you have, so I would try and cut it a bit shorter to encourage the finer grasses to come through. When you rake up the loose grass you should find that some of longer bits now stand up, give it...
    Stroudy: It does look like rather a co@rse grass you have, so I would try and cut it a bit shorter to encourage the finer grasses to come through. When you rake up the loose grass you should find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. giw12

Sunken areas in lawn

I think I'm a bit too far east but I'll call them tomorrow to check. Failing that I'll go for this one:Looks dead easy in the picture.......!
    I think I'm a bit too far east but I'll call them tomorrow to check. Failing that I'll go for this one:Looks dead easy in the picture.......!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Chrysocolla

Lawn edging

Yes, there is a black hard rubber one, with a rounded top, and about 4 inches that you sink in the ground. Its in our stores here.
    Yes, there is a black hard rubber one, with a rounded top, and about 4 inches that you sink in the ground. Its in our stores here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SteveAllart

Stopping Grass in its Tracks

It happens mate, but in the horticultural business as well as many others, a lot of work comes from personal recommendation....the bad one's do not get that and eventually drop by the wayside. So...
    It happens mate, but in the horticultural business as well as many others, a lot of work comes from personal recommendation....the bad one's do not get that and eventually drop by the wayside. So chin up...onwards and upwards yea.:thumb:
    It happens mate, but in the horticultural business as well as many others, a lot of work comes from personal recommendation....the bad one's do not get that and eventually drop by the wayside. So chin up...onwards and upwards yea.:thumb:
    It happens mate, but in the horticultural business as well as many others, a lot of work comes from personal recommendation....the bad one's do not get that and eventually drop by the wayside. So...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. tweaky

Electric lawn edging shears

Thanks chaps..appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Little Miss Road Rage

Getting rid of grass

I would still want to dig it (just once as it will be a raised bed)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Rach123

Help - Major lawn problem

A proper selective turf weedkiller ie Verdone extra. Spray it rather than watering it, two aplications will be needed, a 2 week gap in between.
    A proper selective turf weedkiller ie Verdone extra. Spray it rather than watering it, two aplications will be needed, a 2 week gap in between.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rhbmcse

New Lawn full of Broad Leaf Weeds!

Flinty, you are welcome to start on my lawn then. I'll stand there with the stop-watch.
    Flinty, you are welcome to start on my lawn then. I'll stand there with the stop-watch.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice