1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Brind

I killed my lawn with Roundup

Moine did when I did that.The next year it was really thick and lush - I guess it depends on how much it was over fed but I really thought I had killed mine off
    Moine did when I did that.The next year it was really thick and lush - I guess it depends on how much it was over fed but I really thought I had killed mine off
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. scottduffy

Before laying a new lawn

So that others may be warned... ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. markyb

ants on the lawn

Hi, Ants in the lawn are a real pain, but last year I got a very special bonus!!!! I had a Wryneck visit my garden, apparently they love ants, What an amazing sight, two stripes down his back...
    Hi, Ants in the lawn are a real pain, but last year I got a very special bonus!!!! I had a Wryneck visit my garden, apparently they love ants, What an amazing sight, two stripes down his back like a Badger, a member of the Woodpecker family. Worth putting up with the Ants? just that once Yeah!!!!
    Hi, Ants in the lawn are a real pain, but last year I got a very special bonus!!!! I had a Wryneck visit my garden, apparently they love ants, What an amazing sight, two stripes down his back like a Badger, a member of the Woodpecker family....
    Hi, Ants in the lawn are a real pain, but last year I got a very special bonus!!!! I had a Wryneck visit my garden, apparently they love ants, What an amazing sight, two stripes down his back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. nickp

Strange grass in the lawn

Assuming you don't have a dog that pees on your lawn I would suggest you don't panic :) Regular mowing and' Feeding & Weeding' thinned out the 'bad' grasses in my lawns within three seasons and they...
    Assuming you don't have a dog that pees on your lawn I would suggest you don't panic :) Regular mowing and' Feeding & Weeding' thinned out the 'bad' grasses in my lawns within three seasons and they take a heck of a bashing from kiddies pounding them daily too.
    Assuming you don't have a dog that pees on your lawn I would suggest you don't panic :) Regular mowing and' Feeding & Weeding' thinned out the 'bad' grasses in my lawns within three seasons and they take a heck of a bashing from kiddies pounding...
    Assuming you don't have a dog that pees on your lawn I would suggest you don't panic :) Regular mowing and' Feeding & Weeding' thinned out the 'bad' grasses in my lawns within three seasons and they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. hmallett

Have lawns changed much in the last 36 years?

Do you mean that some young fellers today don't wear a decent three piece suit with a stiff collar and tie to do their gardening in???That's too shameful to even think about...
    Do you mean that some young fellers today don't wear a decent three piece suit with a stiff collar and tie to do their gardening in???That's too shameful to even think about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ericd

Bad time to scarify?

Its the best time of year to scarify actually, as you are removing dead grass and roots in the growing season, so you are giving it chance to recover before the cold starts. I would recomend...
    Its the best time of year to scarify actually, as you are removing dead grass and roots in the growing season, so you are giving it chance to recover before the cold starts. I would recomend another feed though to help the grass thicken again and recover.good work though
    Its the best time of year to scarify actually, as you are removing dead grass and roots in the growing season, so you are giving it chance to recover before the cold starts. I would recomend another feed though to help the grass thicken again and...
    Its the best time of year to scarify actually, as you are removing dead grass and roots in the growing season, so you are giving it chance to recover before the cold starts. I would recomend...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. linlin

Easy care lawns - in praise of clover

Oooh! I always wanted a 'lawn' that was actually clover and daisies! That would be my havana!
    Oooh! I always wanted a 'lawn' that was actually clover and daisies! That would be my havana!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. forrestgump1083

Lawn weeds and new lawn

do not spray your clover with any chemicals as this does not work, you need to fight it. clover loves nitrogen low soil as it produce its own making it survive easily, put a high nitrogenuos...
    do not spray your clover with any chemicals as this does not work, you need to fight it. clover loves nitrogen low soil as it produce its own making it survive easily, put a high nitrogenuos fertiliser on and watch it out grow itself. you need to cut the lawn more often for a while but will save...
    do not spray your clover with any chemicals as this does not work, you need to fight it. clover loves nitrogen low soil as it produce its own making it survive easily, put a high nitrogenuos fertiliser on and watch it out grow itself. you need to...
    do not spray your clover with any chemicals as this does not work, you need to fight it. clover loves nitrogen low soil as it produce its own making it survive easily, put a high nitrogenuos...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. christ0

Weed/old lawn problem

As above. ( good advice)Personally I very rarely use landscape membrane, were a low maintance gravel look is desired (incidentally I hate it!!!) I excavate to 4" or so then compact 2" of mot...
    As above. ( good advice)Personally I very rarely use landscape membrane, were a low maintance gravel look is desired (incidentally I hate it!!!) I excavate to 4" or so then compact 2" of mot followed by a 1.5-2" layer of chippings.The membranes arent actually weedproof and trap leaves...
    As above. ( good advice)Personally I very rarely use landscape membrane, were a low maintance gravel look is desired (incidentally I hate it!!!) I excavate to 4" or so then compact 2" of mot followed by a 1.5-2" layer of chippings.The...
    As above. ( good advice)Personally I very rarely use landscape membrane, were a low maintance gravel look is desired (incidentally I hate it!!!) I excavate to 4" or so then compact 2" of mot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jonsav

Dogs and Lawns

;)Just had to read this because my mum has never forgiven my dog for leaving these patches all over her beautiful lawn when we visit ,:o. Some of them grow up lush and green but others have gone...
    ;)Just had to read this because my mum has never forgiven my dog for leaving these patches all over her beautiful lawn when we visit ,:o. Some of them grow up lush and green but others have gone yellow and brown. Good job she's an animal lover and the dogs are good boys who never go on the flower...
    ;)Just had to read this because my mum has never forgiven my dog for leaving these patches all over her beautiful lawn when we visit ,:o. Some of them grow up lush and green but others have gone yellow and brown. Good job she's an animal lover and...
    ;)Just had to read this because my mum has never forgiven my dog for leaving these patches all over her beautiful lawn when we visit ,:o. Some of them grow up lush and green but others have gone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. matthisco

Patchy/ bumpy/ miscoloured Lawn

My back garden is the same - full of rubble. My best find so far is a rock about 12"x12"x8" about 1/4" below the surface. You can get a fork in to a depth of 3" only in about 25% of the lawn. My...
    My back garden is the same - full of rubble. My best find so far is a rock about 12"x12"x8" about 1/4" below the surface. You can get a fork in to a depth of 3" only in about 25% of the lawn. My plan is to dig the whole lot over and start again (as soon as I can convince the other half to let me!)
    My back garden is the same - full of rubble. My best find so far is a rock about 12"x12"x8" about 1/4" below the surface. You can get a fork in to a depth of 3" only in about 25% of the lawn. My plan is to dig the whole lot over and start again...
    My back garden is the same - full of rubble. My best find so far is a rock about 12"x12"x8" about 1/4" below the surface. You can get a fork in to a depth of 3" only in about 25% of the lawn. My...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rach

My patchy lawn

Looking good might have to try that for my lawn
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Muddy14

Cricket Pitch Quality

Cricket picthes are also hollowcored in the autumn, seeded with very fine grades of ryegrass and regularly fed with soluble iron and other feeds. With profeshional qulity pitches the soil layers...
    Cricket picthes are also hollowcored in the autumn, seeded with very fine grades of ryegrass and regularly fed with soluble iron and other feeds. With profeshional qulity pitches the soil layers will also have been corected / desighned ie no clay pan.im afraid a cricket pitch or tennis...
    Cricket picthes are also hollowcored in the autumn, seeded with very fine grades of ryegrass and regularly fed with soluble iron and other feeds. With profeshional qulity pitches the soil layers will also have been corected / desighned ie no...
    Cricket picthes are also hollowcored in the autumn, seeded with very fine grades of ryegrass and regularly fed with soluble iron and other feeds. With profeshional qulity pitches the soil layers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. charlton

seed or turf

As a contractor, I tend to seed using a similar method to that kristen describes albeit I spray, leave for 2 weeks then run a cultivator or digger over over, rake and roll, leave a week then...
    As a contractor, I tend to seed using a similar method to that kristen describes albeit I spray, leave for 2 weeks then run a cultivator or digger over over, rake and roll, leave a week then lightly rake and seed.Personally I dont use the ladder method as I can get a bowling green flatness...
    As a contractor, I tend to seed using a similar method to that kristen describes albeit I spray, leave for 2 weeks then run a cultivator or digger over over, rake and roll, leave a week then lightly rake and seed.Personally I dont use the...
    As a contractor, I tend to seed using a similar method to that kristen describes albeit I spray, leave for 2 weeks then run a cultivator or digger over over, rake and roll, leave a week then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. MarkS

Tiny egg clusters on lawn???

Sypmtamatic of the wet summer weve had.For a few really good lawns I look after I ocasionally spray with chipco green (turf fungicide) to gaurd against this sort of thing and red thred etc.
    Sypmtamatic of the wet summer weve had.For a few really good lawns I look after I ocasionally spray with chipco green (turf fungicide) to gaurd against this sort of thing and red thred etc.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. spudbristol

Bit to wet for mowing !

Yep at least this year the vans not filling with water to lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. markyb

lawn care for a newbe

"should i be aerating the lawn and if so what is the best way to do it??"I would hire a machine. But you could use a fork if your lawn is small." when should i next use weed and feed??"Not...
    "should i be aerating the lawn and if so what is the best way to do it??"I would hire a machine. But you could use a fork if your lawn is small." when should i next use weed and feed??"Not sure about using any more this year. A bit more feed might be OK, but weather is getting dry now....
    "should i be aerating the lawn and if so what is the best way to do it??"I would hire a machine. But you could use a fork if your lawn is small." when should i next use weed and feed??"Not sure about using any more this year. A bit more...
    "should i be aerating the lawn and if so what is the best way to do it??"I would hire a machine. But you could use a fork if your lawn is small." when should i next use weed and feed??"Not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. flowerpotty

feeding a lawn

Weeds and moss are signs of a lawn in poor condition. By all means scarify the lawn which pulls out dead grass and rubbish [thatch] from the grass base which allows air and water to penetrate. ...
    Weeds and moss are signs of a lawn in poor condition. By all means scarify the lawn which pulls out dead grass and rubbish [thatch] from the grass base which allows air and water to penetrate. Sipe the lawn with a folk at about 4" spaces and give it a 'waggle' afterwards mix 1part peat 3...
    Weeds and moss are signs of a lawn in poor condition. By all means scarify the lawn which pulls out dead grass and rubbish [thatch] from the grass base which allows air and water to penetrate. Sipe the lawn with a folk at about 4" spaces and...
    Weeds and moss are signs of a lawn in poor condition. By all means scarify the lawn which pulls out dead grass and rubbish [thatch] from the grass base which allows air and water to penetrate. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ericd

Lawn Spreader

I use liquid feed everytimesee for lawn feeder that clips to hose and dilutes as you spray about £10 mail order plus "Lawn Magic" corny name but amazing results. by from same website in 5...
    I use liquid feed everytimesee for lawn feeder that clips to hose and dilutes as you spray about £10 mail order plus "Lawn Magic" corny name but amazing results. by from same website in 5 litre bottles of concentrate covers about 1000 sq m for about £18 I recall.
    I use liquid feed everytimesee for lawn feeder that clips to hose and dilutes as you spray about £10 mail order plus "Lawn Magic" corny name but amazing results. by from same website in 5 litre bottles of concentrate covers about 1000...
    I use liquid feed everytimesee for lawn feeder that clips to hose and dilutes as you spray about £10 mail order plus "Lawn Magic" corny name but amazing results. by from same website in 5...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Absconditus

Complete newbie lawn cock up ?

Hehe... very nearly.
    Hehe... very nearly.
    Hehe... very nearly.
    Hehe... very nearly.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice