Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. fmay

Chamomile lawn

pachysandra also makes a good lawn and very tough.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lilylurve

Grass and Dogs

Quite agree fmay as when i was at my daughters i did not have my shoes on and i walked over her gravel to get to her barbeque area and it was most uncomfortable to walk over, so i could see it...
    Quite agree fmay as when i was at my daughters i did not have my shoes on and i walked over her gravel to get to her barbeque area and it was most uncomfortable to walk over, so i could see it would hurt dogs paws. :confused:
    Quite agree fmay as when i was at my daughters i did not have my shoes on and i walked over her gravel to get to her barbeque area and it was most uncomfortable to walk over, so i could see it would hurt dogs paws. :confused:
    Quite agree fmay as when i was at my daughters i did not have my shoes on and i walked over her gravel to get to her barbeque area and it was most uncomfortable to walk over, so i could see it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mattjayc

tips on removing lawn ?

Thanks peter , I never knew you could just dig the turf in , will save me some time and energy anyway. it just seems a very daunting task to undertake ! I'm not in a hurry so I can do it properly...
    Thanks peter , I never knew you could just dig the turf in , will save me some time and energy anyway. it just seems a very daunting task to undertake ! I'm not in a hurry so I can do it properly and as our garden is 100ft long(overlooking the 3 Arrows in Boroughbridge) I'll only be doing part...
    Thanks peter , I never knew you could just dig the turf in , will save me some time and energy anyway. it just seems a very daunting task to undertake ! I'm not in a hurry so I can do it properly and as our garden is 100ft long(overlooking the 3...
    Thanks peter , I never knew you could just dig the turf in , will save me some time and energy anyway. it just seems a very daunting task to undertake ! I'm not in a hurry so I can do it properly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mattjayc

tips on removing my lawn !

I've had to do exactly that, Matt - if you like to e-mail or pm me, I'll tell you what we did - it's awfully long for a posting! (hope that doesn't discourage you.... :rolleyes:
    I've had to do exactly that, Matt - if you like to e-mail or pm me, I'll tell you what we did - it's awfully long for a posting! (hope that doesn't discourage you.... :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. steveb1973

advice on grass needed

I grow it by the path and it doesn't manage to get past the landscaping fabric. But it does spread for the less vigilant.BM
    I grow it by the path and it doesn't manage to get past the landscaping fabric. But it does spread for the less vigilant.BM
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. spider

Lawn Drainage Advice

Well rotted horse manure may be a bit rich (great for roses though) - but that mixed with grass cuttings and kitchen veggie scaps, and newspaper paper should give you a good compost in a few...
    Well rotted horse manure may be a bit rich (great for roses though) - but that mixed with grass cuttings and kitchen veggie scaps, and newspaper paper should give you a good compost in a few months - following normal composting methods.The addition of organic matter is to help break up the...
    Well rotted horse manure may be a bit rich (great for roses though) - but that mixed with grass cuttings and kitchen veggie scaps, and newspaper paper should give you a good compost in a few months - following normal composting methods.The...
    Well rotted horse manure may be a bit rich (great for roses though) - but that mixed with grass cuttings and kitchen veggie scaps, and newspaper paper should give you a good compost in a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jay

Chamomile Lawn

liz. you must have the nobile one its okay just leave the flower heads on a bit and it will self seed like crazy..i grow it and it even grows in holes in the path the wind blows the seed...
    liz. you must have the nobile one its okay just leave the flower heads on a bit and it will self seed like crazy..i grow it and it even grows in holes in the path the wind blows the seed everywhere..you dont need to keep buying seed let it do its own seeding..
    liz. you must have the nobile one its okay just leave the flower heads on a bit and it will self seed like crazy..i grow it and it even grows in holes in the path the wind blows the seed everywhere..you dont need to keep buying seed let it do its...
    liz. you must have the nobile one its okay just leave the flower heads on a bit and it will self seed like crazy..i grow it and it even grows in holes in the path the wind blows the seed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Hornbeam

Lawn heresy

In my profile I have put my hobbies down as cutting grass because that is all I seem to do! Mowing, strimming, flymo - concentrate on one area and all the others grow - my grass (can't call them...
    In my profile I have put my hobbies down as cutting grass because that is all I seem to do! Mowing, strimming, flymo - concentrate on one area and all the others grow - my grass (can't call them lawns) is never pampered and I never use the grass box on the mower. I don't seem to 'garden' - more...
    In my profile I have put my hobbies down as cutting grass because that is all I seem to do! Mowing, strimming, flymo - concentrate on one area and all the others grow - my grass (can't call them lawns) is never pampered and I never use the grass...
    In my profile I have put my hobbies down as cutting grass because that is all I seem to do! Mowing, strimming, flymo - concentrate on one area and all the others grow - my grass (can't call them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dee2

Ants in lawns

Still no ants in the lawn, boots ready to go into action at short notice should one dare to emerge. They are organised insects and some harvest greenfly, and the like, in various trees and bushes...
    Still no ants in the lawn, boots ready to go into action at short notice should one dare to emerge. They are organised insects and some harvest greenfly, and the like, in various trees and bushes in these occasions I do use powder [reluctantly]. Who was it who suggested stomping will he or her...
    Still no ants in the lawn, boots ready to go into action at short notice should one dare to emerge. They are organised insects and some harvest greenfly, and the like, in various trees and bushes in these occasions I do use powder...
    Still no ants in the lawn, boots ready to go into action at short notice should one dare to emerge. They are organised insects and some harvest greenfly, and the like, in various trees and bushes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nicsdad

Dandelions in my lawn

put salt down the holes to stop re - growth, please feed plants to your rabbit, they are excellent for general health and well being --- or you could put rabbit run over the dandelions and see if...
    put salt down the holes to stop re - growth, please feed plants to your rabbit, they are excellent for general health and well being --- or you could put rabbit run over the dandelions and see if that works!
    put salt down the holes to stop re - growth, please feed plants to your rabbit, they are excellent for general health and well being --- or you could put rabbit run over the dandelions and see if that works!
    put salt down the holes to stop re - growth, please feed plants to your rabbit, they are excellent for general health and well being --- or you could put rabbit run over the dandelions and see if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sturn

edges of lawn going brown

I think that Fran has hit the nail on the head - moisture deficit at the edges.If you cut very close the grass roots will dry faster. You might think about raising the cut a bit. Sand is not...
    I think that Fran has hit the nail on the head - moisture deficit at the edges.If you cut very close the grass roots will dry faster. You might think about raising the cut a bit. Sand is not moisture retentative which is why us poor souls with mossy lawns scatter it to improve...
    I think that Fran has hit the nail on the head - moisture deficit at the edges.If you cut very close the grass roots will dry faster. You might think about raising the cut a bit. Sand is not moisture retentative which is why us poor souls with...
    I think that Fran has hit the nail on the head - moisture deficit at the edges.If you cut very close the grass roots will dry faster. You might think about raising the cut a bit. Sand is not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. marty 600

Multiple Ants nest on Lawn - how to get rid of???

Yes, but have you ever seen blackbirds and starlings anting? They preen themselves in ants and let them run into their feathers. The theory is that the ants squirt out formic acid which kills the...
    Yes, but have you ever seen blackbirds and starlings anting? They preen themselves in ants and let them run into their feathers. The theory is that the ants squirt out formic acid which kills the bird's parasites. Ants in the garden do very little damage - they may loosen the soil under an...
    Yes, but have you ever seen blackbirds and starlings anting? They preen themselves in ants and let them run into their feathers. The theory is that the ants squirt out formic acid which kills the bird's parasites. Ants in the garden do very...
    Yes, but have you ever seen blackbirds and starlings anting? They preen themselves in ants and let them run into their feathers. The theory is that the ants squirt out formic acid which kills the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. stomach

Laying turf over an existing lawn?

although you can't see the effects of foundations of beautiful buildings...it doesn't mean they are pointless...*dreams about green lawns and pollen counting"
    although you can't see the effects of foundations of beautiful buildings...it doesn't mean they are pointless...*dreams about green lawns and pollen counting"
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. whirlimix

Beech hedge damaging lawn

yes the the mesh is put in as the turf is sown to stabalise the soil ..... it suggests you ve lost some of the surface soil though.
    yes the the mesh is put in as the turf is sown to stabalise the soil ..... it suggests you ve lost some of the surface soil though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ThreePutt

Lawn repair..

Might I suggest a good smattering of compost/other gardens' grass clippings (if you can get hold of it!) just after aeration and before seeding? This will provide a nice environment for the seeds...
    Might I suggest a good smattering of compost/other gardens' grass clippings (if you can get hold of it!) just after aeration and before seeding? This will provide a nice environment for the seeds to germinate.
    Might I suggest a good smattering of compost/other gardens' grass clippings (if you can get hold of it!) just after aeration and before seeding? This will provide a nice environment for the seeds to germinate.
    Might I suggest a good smattering of compost/other gardens' grass clippings (if you can get hold of it!) just after aeration and before seeding? This will provide a nice environment for the seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. robbo

Lawn re-seeded

I'd personally leave it until the new grass is cuttable; it may look silly for a while but at least you won't damage any of your fragile new grass! ;)q
    I'd personally leave it until the new grass is cuttable; it may look silly for a while but at least you won't damage any of your fragile new grass! ;)q
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. rosc99

laying a new lawn

To be honest if he's really serious about a good lawn I would try and at least break up the concrete a little before laying the soil; It's true that enough soil will counteract the problem, but...
    To be honest if he's really serious about a good lawn I would try and at least break up the concrete a little before laying the soil; It's true that enough soil will counteract the problem, but while the roots of grass do not penetrate deep soil, moisture and nutrition is still drawn from well...
    To be honest if he's really serious about a good lawn I would try and at least break up the concrete a little before laying the soil; It's true that enough soil will counteract the problem, but while the roots of grass do not penetrate deep soil,...
    To be honest if he's really serious about a good lawn I would try and at least break up the concrete a little before laying the soil; It's true that enough soil will counteract the problem, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. cattwoman25

lawn help clay

A really good tip here is to aerate the entire lawn, then go over the area with the following mixture:Grass clippings Compost Sand/Silt mixThis will lighten the clay content of your soil, and...
    A really good tip here is to aerate the entire lawn, then go over the area with the following mixture:Grass clippings Compost Sand/Silt mixThis will lighten the clay content of your soil, and and allow nutrients to get to your grass.Hope this helps..
    A really good tip here is to aerate the entire lawn, then go over the area with the following mixture:Grass clippings Compost Sand/Silt mixThis will lighten the clay content of your soil, and and allow nutrients to get to your grass.Hope...
    A really good tip here is to aerate the entire lawn, then go over the area with the following mixture:Grass clippings Compost Sand/Silt mixThis will lighten the clay content of your soil, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Alf Poier

Grass eaters

:D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jamesc

getting rid of weeds and getting a good lawn

sorry i meant sharp sand and no it's not a new house
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice