1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Sarah Giles

Poor soggy chooks..

Hi Sarah, Ive been known to blow dry my girls! I'm being serious. :redface: A sheltered area would be the best thing for your girls mine have an area on my veggie patch, it's perfect for them because it...
    Hi Sarah, Ive been known to blow dry my girls! I'm being serious. :redface: A sheltered area would be the best thing for your girls mine have an area on my veggie patch, it's perfect for them because it keeps the dirt dry so they can dust bathe all year round & they can get out of the rain, they can get...
    Hi Sarah, Ive been known to blow dry my girls! I'm being serious. :redface: A sheltered area would be the best thing for your girls mine have an area on my veggie patch, it's perfect for them because it keeps the dirt dry so they can dust bathe all year...
    Hi Sarah, Ive been known to blow dry my girls! I'm being serious. :redface: A sheltered area would be the best thing for your girls mine have an area on my veggie patch, it's perfect for them because it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sarah Giles

Is it normal to have a loner?

I bought a 4 lot plus coop&run from a friend last yr,2 of them was being pecked away in a sorry state,all are fine now :) What i did was try to introduce them into my larger run with my others,it...
    I bought a 4 lot plus coop&run from a friend last yr,2 of them was being pecked away in a sorry state,all are fine now :) What i did was try to introduce them into my larger run with my others,it didnt work out,there was only one that was brave enough to venture out of the coop for days,so i took...
    I bought a 4 lot plus coop&run from a friend last yr,2 of them was being pecked away in a sorry state,all are fine now :) What i did was try to introduce them into my larger run with my others,it didnt work out,there was only one that was brave...
    I bought a 4 lot plus coop&run from a friend last yr,2 of them was being pecked away in a sorry state,all are fine now :) What i did was try to introduce them into my larger run with my others,it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sarah Giles

Noob alert...

It's lovely to see them settling in :chicken: It looks like the cats have found out where they are in the pecking order:biggrin::thumbsup:
    It's lovely to see them settling in :chicken: It looks like the cats have found out where they are in the pecking order:biggrin::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. "M"
    Like x 6

First egg of 2015

Same here Loli, mine kept ticking over right through the winter this year, normally I'd expect to get no eggs for about a month or so around December and early January.I've been trying to think...
    Same here Loli, mine kept ticking over right through the winter this year, normally I'd expect to get no eggs for about a month or so around December and early January.I've been trying to think what I'd done differently this year and I have changed a couple of things since last winter.I used...
    Same here Loli, mine kept ticking over right through the winter this year, normally I'd expect to get no eggs for about a month or so around December and early January.I've been trying to think what I'd done differently this year and I have...
    Same here Loli, mine kept ticking over right through the winter this year, normally I'd expect to get no eggs for about a month or so around December and early January.I've been trying to think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sarah Giles
    Funny x 5

I'll order mine to go, please.

"Can I order a quarter pounder burger meal with spicy wings on the side, please?"
    "Can I order a quarter pounder burger meal with spicy wings on the side, please?"
    10923294_10153012951840783_3419011375636546233_n.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jennywren
    Funny x 3

Spoiled hens!

Discovered that hens really enjoy watermelon for breakfast.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Gogs
    Like x 5

Maggie , Lucky & babies .

Hi Loli & Honey , yeah I'm still around . Hope alls well with you xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. joolz68

Hen vent pecking problem

So sorry to hear that M,youve had a terrible time,so many loses :cry3::cry3:xx Mine stopped vent pecking but are still plucking the backs of about 4,they seem ok,i keep spraying still. No idea how lilac lived...
    So sorry to hear that M,youve had a terrible time,so many loses :cry3::cry3:xx Mine stopped vent pecking but are still plucking the backs of about 4,they seem ok,i keep spraying still. No idea how lilac lived her inside were hanging out! Hope your ok xx
    So sorry to hear that M,youve had a terrible time,so many loses :cry3::cry3:xx Mine stopped vent pecking but are still plucking the backs of about 4,they seem ok,i keep spraying still. No idea how lilac lived her inside were hanging out! Hope your ok xx
    So sorry to hear that M,youve had a terrible time,so many loses :cry3::cry3:xx Mine stopped vent pecking but are still plucking the backs of about 4,they seem ok,i keep spraying still. No idea how lilac lived...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Lolimac
    Friendly x 9

Poorly Poppy...

So sorry loli:sad:,hope your ok xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sheal
    Funny x 5

High Vis' chickens

OOooooh do they make them in teeny tiny size to fit budgies? cos i'd take half a dozen! oh yes, really i would! i would honest.........well NO not really:rofllol:
    OOooooh do they make them in teeny tiny size to fit budgies? cos i'd take half a dozen! oh yes, really i would! i would honest.........well NO not really:rofllol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lolimac
    Like x 6

Mabels on a moult....

What chick could resist one :heehee: If our sid had a builders bum i would get him one :lunapic 130165696578242 5:xx
    What chick could resist one :heehee: If our sid had a builders bum i would get him one :lunapic 130165696578242 5:xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. AndrewBarratt

Chicken Ailments

That's a good plan, we'll run with it Thanks Andrew
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Spruce

Sheep and .....

looking at that her planing on a new orchard doesn't stand much chance
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Benzombie

Chicken ranging

Compromise is most definitely the answer! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lolimac
    Funny x 4

Cock-a-doodle-doo!!!!!

Sounds like one of yours is growing his own little "worm" loli!! Keep an eye out, as Zigs posted, it is not unusual for a hen to have a sex change.
    Sounds like one of yours is growing his own little "worm" loli!! Keep an eye out, as Zigs posted, it is not unusual for a hen to have a sex change.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. joolz68

Growing chicken feed help

Awww lovely Joolz....all looking well....:dbgrtmb:...i see Sid's keeping an eye on them;)
    Awww lovely Joolz....all looking well....:dbgrtmb:...i see Sid's keeping an eye on them;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lolimac

Something is upsetting my girls!!!!

Wouldn't it be less stressful just to pop down to the supermarket to buy your eggs?:whistle::biggrin:
    Wouldn't it be less stressful just to pop down to the supermarket to buy your eggs?:whistle::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. clueless1

Chicken house and run requirements

Our 6 (hybrid) hen arrangements: As their run is secure (fox & rat proof) plus roofed, the pop hole is left open overnight whenever the weather is suitable so there's no need to get up early...
    Our 6 (hybrid) hen arrangements: As their run is secure (fox & rat proof) plus roofed, the pop hole is left open overnight whenever the weather is suitable so there's no need to get up early to pop them, and with that roof they have no need/desire to spend any time 'indoors' other than when...
    Our 6 (hybrid) hen arrangements: As their run is secure (fox & rat proof) plus roofed, the pop hole is left open overnight whenever the weather is suitable so there's no need to get up early to pop them, and with that roof they have no...
    Our 6 (hybrid) hen arrangements: As their run is secure (fox & rat proof) plus roofed, the pop hole is left open overnight whenever the weather is suitable so there's no need to get up early...
    hens.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Lolimac
    Like x 12

'Girls' enjoying the sunshine...

if we ever get those Silkies we've been hankering after, it'll be interesting to see what our two little dogs think of them, i hope Snoop doesn't think he can chase them away like he does the wild...
    if we ever get those Silkies we've been hankering after, it'll be interesting to see what our two little dogs think of them, i hope Snoop doesn't think he can chase them away like he does the wild birds...& the cats of course. i don't think we'll have any trouble with Freddy he'll most likely be...
    if we ever get those Silkies we've been hankering after, it'll be interesting to see what our two little dogs think of them, i hope Snoop doesn't think he can chase them away like he does the wild birds...& the cats of course. i don't think we'll...
    if we ever get those Silkies we've been hankering after, it'll be interesting to see what our two little dogs think of them, i hope Snoop doesn't think he can chase them away like he does the wild...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lolimac
    Like x 4

Chickenproof forgetmenots...

I haven't got anywhere near that many Kristen! :heehee: I'm gradually getting rid of them, just getting the odd one here and there popping up in my lawns now. They're English ones to, not Spanish.
    I haven't got anywhere near that many Kristen! :heehee: I'm gradually getting rid of them, just getting the odd one here and there popping up in my lawns now. They're English ones to, not Spanish.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice