1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Kevin Cowans

How to Move a Small Fern

Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and Watered it Well, hopefully it will be Fine.The Fern is not Big enough to warrant Dividing so I have...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and Watered it Well, hopefully it will be Fine.The Fern...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Michael Hewett

Clivia

Being dry won't hurt them any further, you need to get rid of all that damaged foliage though.If the plants are a few years old they should flower. Mine flowered very quickly - much, much quicker...
    Being dry won't hurt them any further, you need to get rid of all that damaged foliage though.If the plants are a few years old they should flower. Mine flowered very quickly - much, much quicker than the Amaryllis which still have buds quite low down. .
    Being dry won't hurt them any further, you need to get rid of all that damaged foliage though.If the plants are a few years old they should flower. Mine flowered very quickly - much, much quicker than the Amaryllis which still have buds quite low...
    Being dry won't hurt them any further, you need to get rid of all that damaged foliage though.If the plants are a few years old they should flower. Mine flowered very quickly - much, much quicker...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria

Ficus Gingseng Bonsai

No its the plant that gets Aerial roots, not you.:biggrin:Some Fig trees are known for starting life as an epiphyte up in the branches of trees, they then grow roots down to the ground and "strangle" the...
    No its the plant that gets Aerial roots, not you.:biggrin:Some Fig trees are known for starting life as an epiphyte up in the branches of trees, they then grow roots down to the ground and "strangle" the tree they started out living on, eventually killing it. They are sometimes called "strangler"...
    No its the plant that gets Aerial roots, not you.:biggrin:Some Fig trees are known for starting life as an epiphyte up in the branches of trees, they then grow roots down to the ground and "strangle" the tree they started out living on, eventually...
    No its the plant that gets Aerial roots, not you.:biggrin:Some Fig trees are known for starting life as an epiphyte up in the branches of trees, they then grow roots down to the ground and "strangle" the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kevin Cowans

Another Casualty of the Landscaping

Hello allJust a quick Update.I have just had a closer look and it appears that the Main Trunk has been Split to below Ground Level :sad:I have Removed it and have Ordered a Replacement.Thanks...
    Hello allJust a quick Update.I have just had a closer look and it appears that the Main Trunk has been Split to below Ground Level :sad:I have Removed it and have Ordered a Replacement.ThanksKevin
    Hello allJust a quick Update.I have just had a closer look and it appears that the Main Trunk has been Split to below Ground Level :sad:I have Removed it and have Ordered a Replacement.ThanksKevin
    Hello allJust a quick Update.I have just had a closer look and it appears that the Main Trunk has been Split to below Ground Level :sad:I have Removed it and have Ordered a Replacement.Thanks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kevin Cowans

Will Primula Grow in Shade?

HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on Wet Soil to get there.Also, I need the Soil to Dry somewhat so I can Clear the Area of Weeds before...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on Wet Soil to get there.Also, I need the Soil to Dry...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ashley1234

Jasmine wilting

I don’t think it’ s wilting, just shedding a few excess buds. It will have been a bit of a shock being transferred from light, cool conditions to darker, warmer and dryer ones. It sounds as...
    I don’t think it’ s wilting, just shedding a few excess buds. It will have been a bit of a shock being transferred from light, cool conditions to darker, warmer and dryer ones. It sounds as though you ’ve got the watering right so, as Ricky says, a bit of ambient humidity should help.
    I don’t think it’ s wilting, just shedding a few excess buds. It will have been a bit of a shock being transferred from light, cool conditions to darker, warmer and dryer ones. It sounds as though you ’ve got the watering right so, as Ricky...
    I don’t think it’ s wilting, just shedding a few excess buds. It will have been a bit of a shock being transferred from light, cool conditions to darker, warmer and dryer ones. It sounds as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Shaneoak

Primulas

Thaks for the advice.i think i will hold back a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Esoxlucius

Plant heat mats.

I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants died. This year I placed the mat sideways in the box just to work as radiator, I keep it on minimum,...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants died. This year I placed the mat sideways in the...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants...
    upload_2024-1-9_15-13-41.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. bluegeranium

Poinsettia should I repot?

Thanks for the advice I have left it alone and placed it in a larger pot for support as suggested and it looks fine with no loss of leaves yet which is what usually happens so fingers crossed.
    Thanks for the advice I have left it alone and placed it in a larger pot for support as suggested and it looks fine with no loss of leaves yet which is what usually happens so fingers crossed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Purple Streaks

Foxtail lilies

I have 3 Pinokkio plus others I'm hoping I will successfully grow these beautiful plants . I will let you know what happens ,Perki your garden with the Alliums is lovely.....I'm Very...
    I have 3 Pinokkio plus others I'm hoping I will successfully grow these beautiful plants . I will let you know what happens ,Perki your garden with the Alliums is lovely.....I'm Very envious everything looks so well managed .Thank you to everyone else too for giving me the...
    I have 3 Pinokkio plus others I'm hoping I will successfully grow these beautiful plants . I will let you know what happens ,Perki your garden with the Alliums is lovely.....I'm Very envious everything looks so well managed .Thank...
    I have 3 Pinokkio plus others I'm hoping I will successfully grow these beautiful plants . I will let you know what happens ,Perki your garden with the Alliums is lovely.....I'm Very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Shaneoak

Muscari

Yes, hopefully they will arrive before end December. Do you know of any stories where they haven't bloomed because they were planted in late nov?
    Yes, hopefully they will arrive before end December. Do you know of any stories where they haven't bloomed because they were planted in late nov?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Esoxlucius

Bromeliads

Yes I have found you need roots attached to all divisions, its very easy to end up with all the roots attached to one section.
    Yes I have found you need roots attached to all divisions, its very easy to end up with all the roots attached to one section.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Esoxlucius

Virginia creeper.

The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's been very mild here and all the trees have been very slow to do that, and are holding their leaves...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's been very mild here and all the trees have been very...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. roders

Bare root Wallflowers.

Yes ,for one shilling & six pence.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fof

Cyclamen help

And very long lived too.
    And very long lived too.
    And very long lived too.
    And very long lived too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Baalmaiden

Perennials that don't get out of hand.

Thanks everyone, some interesting ideas here, I'll definitely try some of these. Unfortunately Dahlias and Echinaceas are a no as the slugs and snails here eat them as soon as they try poking out...
    Thanks everyone, some interesting ideas here, I'll definitely try some of these. Unfortunately Dahlias and Echinaceas are a no as the slugs and snails here eat them as soon as they try poking out of the ground. I have anemone 'Crispy Curly' given to me by my sister which is pretty well behaved...
    Thanks everyone, some interesting ideas here, I'll definitely try some of these. Unfortunately Dahlias and Echinaceas are a no as the slugs and snails here eat them as soon as they try poking out of the ground. I have anemone 'Crispy Curly' ...
    Thanks everyone, some interesting ideas here, I'll definitely try some of these. Unfortunately Dahlias and Echinaceas are a no as the slugs and snails here eat them as soon as they try poking out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. TheMadHedger

Winter flowering houseplants - best to grow from seed ?

No problem there, I know that Cyclamen take at least nine months to flower. I just like the pleasure of growing something which I can enjoy.
    No problem there, I know that Cyclamen take at least nine months to flower. I just like the pleasure of growing something which I can enjoy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. NoviceGardener2023

Lenten Rose - Advice

Thank you, I took your advice and did it earlier.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett

When to plant

Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn !The two I've got are bicolor and vandermerwei. The latter is small and is my favourite one, but it...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn !The two I've got are bicolor and vandermerwei. The...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Shaneoak

Asters

Not really they would probably come under the heading of Half Hardy Annual, (HHA), whereas Foxgloves would be considered as Hardy Biennial (HB)It usually says on the packets when to sow and...
    Not really they would probably come under the heading of Half Hardy Annual, (HHA), whereas Foxgloves would be considered as Hardy Biennial (HB)It usually says on the packets when to sow and rough guide how to go about it.
    Not really they would probably come under the heading of Half Hardy Annual, (HHA), whereas Foxgloves would be considered as Hardy Biennial (HB)It usually says on the packets when to sow and rough guide how to go about it.
    Not really they would probably come under the heading of Half Hardy Annual, (HHA), whereas Foxgloves would be considered as Hardy Biennial (HB)It usually says on the packets when to sow and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice