1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. fumanchu

Help please re houseplant compost

I'm gonna get me some sticky kitchen cabinets.:biggrin:Sometimes they can be confused with fruit flies in the summer months but fungus gnats are definitely a problem of over wet compost.
    I'm gonna get me some sticky kitchen cabinets.:biggrin:Sometimes they can be confused with fruit flies in the summer months but fungus gnats are definitely a problem of over wet compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. A Ban

Yucca plant in trouble

Thanks Pete, really appreciate your prompt advice!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. TheMadHedger

Amaryllis - no water for two months yet the leaves refuse to brown

Hiturn the pots on their side ... soon stop growing
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Shaneoak

agapanthus advice

It's cooler this year, around 28/30C :) and yes, it's a longer growing season. Very dry though. Attaboy! Three years from now we expect to see some wonderful photos :biggrin:
    It's cooler this year, around 28/30C :) and yes, it's a longer growing season. Very dry though. Attaboy! Three years from now we expect to see some wonderful photos :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jocko

Wilting Buddleia.

It was a cultivar, Buddleja Berries and Cream.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sophie_D

Climbing hydrangeas struggling

I have one against a back fence. The first couple of years it didn't do a great deal, but this spring it jumped into action and is growing fast, so I'm with the guys who say they start off slow...
    I have one against a back fence. The first couple of years it didn't do a great deal, but this spring it jumped into action and is growing fast, so I'm with the guys who say they start off slow above ground to put some good below ground growth on first. Mine is in good soil too. I also suspect...
    I have one against a back fence. The first couple of years it didn't do a great deal, but this spring it jumped into action and is growing fast, so I'm with the guys who say they start off slow above ground to put some good below ground growth on...
    I have one against a back fence. The first couple of years it didn't do a great deal, but this spring it jumped into action and is growing fast, so I'm with the guys who say they start off slow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Janet mahay

Not sure what happened

Hi looks like variegated yucca or Dracaena When I bought them they both said ever green from the same plant but didn't say what but I must say selleri they don't look much the same maybe they...
    Hi looks like variegated yucca or Dracaena When I bought them they both said ever green from the same plant but didn't say what but I must say selleri they don't look much the same maybe they meant the same family cause one slightly darker but the sick one has a root forming and I closely...
    Hi looks like variegated yucca or Dracaena When I bought them they both said ever green from the same plant but didn't say what but I must say selleri they don't look much the same maybe they meant the same family cause one slightly darker but...
    Hi looks like variegated yucca or Dracaena When I bought them they both said ever green from the same plant but didn't say what but I must say selleri they don't look much the same maybe they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Victoria
    Like x 3

False Aralia

Plerandra elegantissima / Schefflera elegantissima / Dizygotheca elegantissima and ??? which have always lived outdoors ...
    Plerandra elegantissima / Schefflera elegantissima / Dizygotheca elegantissima and ??? which have always lived outdoors ...
    Aralia2 10 Jul 23(1).jpg Aralia 10 Jul 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kevin Cowans

Struggling to Grow Sage Icterina

Hello @noisette47Thanks for the Reply and the information.Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. laurahall11

Laurels

A tad late to the party - but here's my bit:- newly planted - they need to be regularly watered in the first year - a good soaking. If only lightly watered the roots will stay where the water...
    A tad late to the party - but here's my bit:- newly planted - they need to be regularly watered in the first year - a good soaking. If only lightly watered the roots will stay where the water is - that it at the surface. The mulch may not have helped by keeping moisture at the surface. Have...
    A tad late to the party - but here's my bit:- newly planted - they need to be regularly watered in the first year - a good soaking. If only lightly watered the roots will stay where the water is - that it at the surface. The mulch may not...
    A tad late to the party - but here's my bit:- newly planted - they need to be regularly watered in the first year - a good soaking. If only lightly watered the roots will stay where the water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jamorr87

Laurel hedging care

Thank you all for your advice. I suspect the poorer hedges do possibly suffer a bit from the ground they are in, there is a deep metal fence on one side that probably blocks the roots somewhat and...
    Thank you all for your advice. I suspect the poorer hedges do possibly suffer a bit from the ground they are in, there is a deep metal fence on one side that probably blocks the roots somewhat and a tarmac path on the other and some of the poorest plants are in that area. That being said the...
    Thank you all for your advice. I suspect the poorer hedges do possibly suffer a bit from the ground they are in, there is a deep metal fence on one side that probably blocks the roots somewhat and a tarmac path on the other and some of the...
    Thank you all for your advice. I suspect the poorer hedges do possibly suffer a bit from the ground they are in, there is a deep metal fence on one side that probably blocks the roots somewhat and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. vbgr

James Wong article about coffee bean grounds

My workplace onsite Costa hands out used coffee grounds for free. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Drozich

Has my Dwarf Rhododendron died?

I most certainly will, thank you all for the advice!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. The Buddleja Garden
    Like x 4

New Buddleja globosa

I planted out a yellow Globosa a month ago. At the moment it's about 18 inches in height and I've grown it from a cutting.
    I planted out a yellow Globosa a month ago. At the moment it's about 18 inches in height and I've grown it from a cutting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kevin Cowans

Struggling to Establish Rosemary

I had a Rosemary bush in my garden for more than 20years and never watered or fed it just gave it a clipping with shears once a year. It is tough as old boots, but one plant I had in a pot...
    I had a Rosemary bush in my garden for more than 20years and never watered or fed it just gave it a clipping with shears once a year. It is tough as old boots, but one plant I had in a pot outside during the freeze last December died. Probably a combination of wet soil frozen solid for over a...
    I had a Rosemary bush in my garden for more than 20years and never watered or fed it just gave it a clipping with shears once a year. It is tough as old boots, but one plant I had in a pot outside during the freeze last December died. Probably...
    I had a Rosemary bush in my garden for more than 20years and never watered or fed it just gave it a clipping with shears once a year. It is tough as old boots, but one plant I had in a pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Max6389

Pruning buddleia

You can still prune Buddleja davidii types now, but don't leave it much longer. It should regrow and flower by late August, especially if you feed it with a high potash feed. I've sometimes cut...
    You can still prune Buddleja davidii types now, but don't leave it much longer. It should regrow and flower by late August, especially if you feed it with a high potash feed. I've sometimes cut them back in pots at this time of year to regenerate the growth, and generally it's worked rather well...
    You can still prune Buddleja davidii types now, but don't leave it much longer. It should regrow and flower by late August, especially if you feed it with a high potash feed. I've sometimes cut them back in pots at this time of year to regenerate...
    You can still prune Buddleja davidii types now, but don't leave it much longer. It should regrow and flower by late August, especially if you feed it with a high potash feed. I've sometimes cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Esoxlucius

Photinia.

Hi my red robin had greenfly /aphids last year and for 2weeks I swelled it with washing up liquid it killed them all so try it it works
    Hi my red robin had greenfly /aphids last year and for 2weeks I swelled it with washing up liquid it killed them all so try it it works
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. barryman

Solanum Glasnevin - Chilean Potato vine

I had one in Bucks ... I would do it now. Sorry, my pics are actually photos under the bed,
    I had one in Bucks ... I would do it now. Sorry, my pics are actually photos under the bed,
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kevin Cowans

Planting Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens

Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They will be supplied in 9cm Pots and will be Planted in a South Facing Border.I know they are Drought...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They will be supplied in 9cm Pots and will be Planted in...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sheal

House Plants

The Aloe is a good one @Selleri, thanks. :)You're right there I think the only plant I was ever warned about was Deadly Nightshade - Atropa Belladonna.
    The Aloe is a good one @Selleri, thanks. :)You're right there I think the only plant I was ever warned about was Deadly Nightshade - Atropa Belladonna.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice