1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Kevin Cowans

Planting Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens

Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They will be supplied in 9cm Pots and will be Planted in a South Facing Border.I know they are Drought...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They will be supplied in 9cm Pots and will be Planted in...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sheal

House Plants

The Aloe is a good one @Selleri, thanks. :)You're right there I think the only plant I was ever warned about was Deadly Nightshade - Atropa Belladonna.
    The Aloe is a good one @Selleri, thanks. :)You're right there I think the only plant I was ever warned about was Deadly Nightshade - Atropa Belladonna.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kitte

Summer treat for orchids?

It’s strange! My daughter in law has an east facing conservatory with orchids, they are flowering their socks off with leaves looking fairly dry and unhealthy! I wouldn’t dare put mine in the...
    It’s strange! My daughter in law has an east facing conservatory with orchids, they are flowering their socks off with leaves looking fairly dry and unhealthy! I wouldn’t dare put mine in the north facing one ! Trial and error as with all plant husbandry ! ‍♀️
    It’s strange! My daughter in law has an east facing conservatory with orchids, they are flowering their socks off with leaves looking fairly dry and unhealthy! I wouldn’t dare put mine in the north facing one ! Trial and error as with all plant...
    It’s strange! My daughter in law has an east facing conservatory with orchids, they are flowering their socks off with leaves looking fairly dry and unhealthy! I wouldn’t dare put mine in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Shaneoak

Poor Tulip displays

Thanks for all the replies . I’m closing this thread now as I’ve got the answers I want
    Thanks for all the replies . I’m closing this thread now as I’ve got the answers I want
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kevin Cowans

Lavender Care

You're welcome Kevin. :)There you are then, your green fingers or instinct are developing, so you can be pleased with yourself. :thumbsup:
    You're welcome Kevin. :)There you are then, your green fingers or instinct are developing, so you can be pleased with yourself. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fof
    Like x 10

Just some pics

Well done! Now I can see the beauty of the plants. Love that Hawthorn and the Prostanthera is very attractive. I have a Westringia which is of the same family and blooms several times a year ...
    Well done! Now I can see the beauty of the plants. Love that Hawthorn and the Prostanthera is very attractive. I have a Westringia which is of the same family and blooms several times a year ...
    Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' (Midland hawthorn)  01 - small.jpg Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' (Midland hawthorn)  03 - small.jpg Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' (Midland hawthorn)  04 - small.jpg P1060779 - small.jpg P1060798 - small.jpg P1060803 - small.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett

Lewisia

Seeds arrived today but read they need to germinate in a cooler place than here. So, I have put in damp paper towel in a baggy and put in the fridge for a month ... in anticipation. :fingers crossed:Has anyone...
    Seeds arrived today but read they need to germinate in a cooler place than here. So, I have put in damp paper towel in a baggy and put in the fridge for a month ... in anticipation. :fingers crossed:Has anyone tried this?
    Seeds arrived today but read they need to germinate in a cooler place than here. So, I have put in damp paper towel in a baggy and put in the fridge for a month ... in anticipation. :fingers crossed:Has anyone tried this?
    Seeds arrived today but read they need to germinate in a cooler place than here. So, I have put in damp paper towel in a baggy and put in the fridge for a month ... in anticipation. :fingers crossed:Has anyone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Alisa

Streptocarpus

If its still growing so poorly at this time of the year, you might have a problem we have just experienced with our Fuchsias and Streps and thats the Root Mealy Bug, as those little critters can...
    If its still growing so poorly at this time of the year, you might have a problem we have just experienced with our Fuchsias and Streps and thats the Root Mealy Bug, as those little critters can suck the life out of the plant.We treated ours with a couple of drenches and things are looking up,...
    If its still growing so poorly at this time of the year, you might have a problem we have just experienced with our Fuchsias and Streps and thats the Root Mealy Bug, as those little critters can suck the life out of the plant.We treated ours...
    If its still growing so poorly at this time of the year, you might have a problem we have just experienced with our Fuchsias and Streps and thats the Root Mealy Bug, as those little critters can...
    spring2.jpg 001821.jpg 001824.jpg 001823.jpg 001828.jpg 001830.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Chris Darling

Are my Laurels dead or dying?

I would ensure that they are tightly planted. Without crushing the stems, walk around and really heel them in. Give them a full soak, and mulch with well rotted manure. Water at least monthly. I...
    I would ensure that they are tightly planted. Without crushing the stems, walk around and really heel them in. Give them a full soak, and mulch with well rotted manure. Water at least monthly. I agree with not cutting them, time enough for that in the future . Two months after planting, the bone...
    I would ensure that they are tightly planted. Without crushing the stems, walk around and really heel them in. Give them a full soak, and mulch with well rotted manure. Water at least monthly. I agree with not cutting them, time enough for that...
    I would ensure that they are tightly planted. Without crushing the stems, walk around and really heel them in. Give them a full soak, and mulch with well rotted manure. Water at least monthly. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kevin Cowans

What do Echinacea Seedlings look like?

I'd wait until they grow their real leaves then you should be able to tell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kevin Cowans

How to Control Verbena Bonariensis

Hello @NigelJThanks for the Reply.So, basically, Deadhead after Flowering and keep an eye out for escapees.I should have kept on top of things Last Year but with the Landscaping etc. things...
    Hello @NigelJThanks for the Reply.So, basically, Deadhead after Flowering and keep an eye out for escapees.I should have kept on top of things Last Year but with the Landscaping etc. things got neglected somewhat, this Year is catch up Time.ThanksKevin
    Hello @NigelJThanks for the Reply.So, basically, Deadhead after Flowering and keep an eye out for escapees.I should have kept on top of things Last Year but with the Landscaping etc. things got neglected somewhat, this Year is catch up...
    Hello @NigelJThanks for the Reply.So, basically, Deadhead after Flowering and keep an eye out for escapees.I should have kept on top of things Last Year but with the Landscaping etc. things...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gilles Pierre

Pruning Query - Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen - Privacy Screen In Planters

Hello.On my roof terrace I have 8 Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen plants in 4 large wooden planters situated along the perimeter wall (2 plants in each planter). The reason is for both...
    Hello.On my roof terrace I have 8 Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen plants in 4 large wooden planters situated along the perimeter wall (2 plants in each planter). The reason is for both privacy and to allow a decent amount of sunlight through, as opposed to a dense hedge.As can be seen...
    Hello.On my roof terrace I have 8 Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen plants in 4 large wooden planters situated along the perimeter wall (2 plants in each planter). The reason is for both privacy and to allow a decent amount of sunlight...
    Hello.On my roof terrace I have 8 Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen plants in 4 large wooden planters situated along the perimeter wall (2 plants in each planter). The reason is for both...
    Photo1.jpg Photo2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Esoxlucius

Calla lily

No sign of my zantedeschia yet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria

Ipomoea palmata

Here are some photos of the Morning Glory growing & flowering in a hanging basket from last summer. (It's not the first time this has happened to me!) .. .
    Here are some photos of the Morning Glory growing & flowering in a hanging basket from last summer. (It's not the first time this has happened to me!) .. .
    Morning Glory 2.JPG IMG_20220904_093850_172.jpg IMG_20220821_121214_342.jpg IMG_20220821_120410_394.jpg IMG_20220813_111206_806.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Madra

Leggy Guelder Rose

How to Grow Guelder Rose | BBC Gardeners World Magazine
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Esoxlucius

Pomegranate

My biggest fruit, pretty puny really.
    IMG_20230418_195356_HDR.jpg P1030191.JPG DSC03455.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Victoria

Bamboo

Hi Vicky It is I think Phyllostachys Aura. I have had it about 25 years ,it’s pretty much trouble free ,as Spruce says cut out any dead branches and any bits you don’t like ,it’s a tough old plant...
    Hi Vicky It is I think Phyllostachys Aura. I have had it about 25 years ,it’s pretty much trouble free ,as Spruce says cut out any dead branches and any bits you don’t like ,it’s a tough old plant but contrary to popular belief it may need extra water. Here are pics.of his parents.
    Hi Vicky It is I think Phyllostachys Aura. I have had it about 25 years ,it’s pretty much trouble free ,as Spruce says cut out any dead branches and any bits you don’t like ,it’s a tough old plant but contrary to popular belief it may need extra...
    Hi Vicky It is I think Phyllostachys Aura. I have had it about 25 years ,it’s pretty much trouble free ,as Spruce says cut out any dead branches and any bits you don’t like ,it’s a tough old plant...
    Bamboo 19 Apr 23.jpg C50BFE07-4453-4BF6-A2AD-16984CEEB91A.jpeg 0301EE47-C0A7-4F0D-BCA3-321860623A9C.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kevin Cowans

Potentillia Pruning

Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Potentillia in the Back Garden which is growing well but is a bit untidy, as can be seen here:Can anyone please offer some advice on how, and when,...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Potentillia in the Back Garden which is growing well but is a bit untidy, as can be seen here:Can anyone please offer some advice on how, and when, to Prune it?Also, can Potentillia be Hard Pruned?Thanks in advanceKevin
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Potentillia in the Back Garden which is growing well but is a bit untidy, as can be seen here:Can anyone please offer some advice on how, and when, to Prune it?Also, can Potentillia be Hard...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Potentillia in the Back Garden which is growing well but is a bit untidy, as can be seen here:Can anyone please offer some advice on how, and when,...
    20230412_112651.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. torlaw

What can I do for my rhododendron?

Thanks so much for all your advice, everyone :) Fingers crossed it'll pick back up soon!
    Thanks so much for all your advice, everyone :) Fingers crossed it'll pick back up soon!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Esoxlucius

Humidity

Yes, there are 11 clown loach in there. They are one of the longest lived fish in the hobby living up to 25-30 years. I've had mine 8 years or so, so they are still babies yet!No oscars though,...
    Yes, there are 11 clown loach in there. They are one of the longest lived fish in the hobby living up to 25-30 years. I've had mine 8 years or so, so they are still babies yet!No oscars though, they are too predatory and would eat a lot of my smaller fish. The two you are probably referring...
    Yes, there are 11 clown loach in there. They are one of the longest lived fish in the hobby living up to 25-30 years. I've had mine 8 years or so, so they are still babies yet!No oscars though, they are too predatory and would eat a lot of my...
    Yes, there are 11 clown loach in there. They are one of the longest lived fish in the hobby living up to 25-30 years. I've had mine 8 years or so, so they are still babies yet!No oscars though,...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice