Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Heather

Sick Camelia

Hi Heather, Try this link it is very helpful too. http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/camellias/camellia.asp
    Hi Heather, Try this link it is very helpful too. http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/camellias/camellia.asp
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lissy2

Funny insects on my indoor plants

that explains a lot - have had some black, like midget flies around. Thanks - will not water so much and see wot happens thanks again
    that explains a lot - have had some black, like midget flies around. Thanks - will not water so much and see wot happens thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. em

CATERPILLARS!!!!!!!!!!

I know the feeling em,the mealy bugs are defeated and the caterpillers move in and creep down in the centre of the veg,my dear small person put some under the mesh(used to protect the brocolli...
    I know the feeling em,the mealy bugs are defeated and the caterpillers move in and creep down in the centre of the veg,my dear small person put some under the mesh(used to protect the brocolli from her)before I noticed and taught her what the word squish meant.I refuse to be beaten by the little...
    I know the feeling em,the mealy bugs are defeated and the caterpillers move in and creep down in the centre of the veg,my dear small person put some under the mesh(used to protect the brocolli from her)before I noticed and taught her what the...
    I know the feeling em,the mealy bugs are defeated and the caterpillers move in and creep down in the centre of the veg,my dear small person put some under the mesh(used to protect the brocolli...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. usernut

gooseberries being eaten

Black spotted,green caterpillers. Serpents of the Sawfly :mad: Think I was on the national flight path,so gave up :(
    Black spotted,green caterpillers. Serpents of the Sawfly :mad: Think I was on the national flight path,so gave up :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Webmaster

Ladybirds !!

Not seen one yet!
    Not seen one yet!
    Not seen one yet!
    Not seen one yet!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. dalbuie

A sting in the tail

The fire method works well. I had a nest in a bird box and I used a gas blow torch, cremation is ok but have a hosepipe handy.
    The fire method works well. I had a nest in a bird box and I used a gas blow torch, cremation is ok but have a hosepipe handy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. gally

yellow powder stuff on my weeping willow

yes its exactly the same thank you very much what a great site!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Charlie

Surfinia - yellowing leaves

Thanks Ladybird - well I've done it now and cut back quite a bit more than fifty percent - it just happened! I hope I havent overdone it, I attach a before and two after photos - the before photo...
    Thanks Ladybird - well I've done it now and cut back quite a bit more than fifty percent - it just happened! I hope I havent overdone it, I attach a before and two after photos - the before photo was taken when I think the plant was looking its best but if you can imagine twice as much onto that...
    Thanks Ladybird - well I've done it now and cut back quite a bit more than fifty percent - it just happened! I hope I havent overdone it, I attach a before and two after photos - the before photo was taken when I think the plant was looking its...
    Thanks Ladybird - well I've done it now and cut back quite a bit more than fifty percent - it just happened! I hope I havent overdone it, I attach a before and two after photos - the before photo...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. BINGOBABY

BINGOBABY 886

It could be overwatering with a young plant, is the compost always wet?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sue Gill

Help - My Acer Crimson Sentry is poorly

Mmmm sounds a little like mildew - very common on some plants at this time of year - especially with the dearth of rain. If it is, try a fungicide spray, and water well - or rather the other way...
    Mmmm sounds a little like mildew - very common on some plants at this time of year - especially with the dearth of rain. If it is, try a fungicide spray, and water well - or rather the other way round .
    Mmmm sounds a little like mildew - very common on some plants at this time of year - especially with the dearth of rain. If it is, try a fungicide spray, and water well - or rather the other way round .
    Mmmm sounds a little like mildew - very common on some plants at this time of year - especially with the dearth of rain. If it is, try a fungicide spray, and water well - or rather the other way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Hannah

Getting rid of slugs/snails

nuke the blighters!
    nuke the blighters!
    nuke the blighters!
    nuke the blighters!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Oli

Mildew on Bergamot

Thank you Bayleaf for your advise - hopefully do better next year. It's a shame because they have spread like nobody's business and all of them are effected.Thanks again Oli
    Thank you Bayleaf for your advise - hopefully do better next year. It's a shame because they have spread like nobody's business and all of them are effected.Thanks again Oli
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Charlie

Washing up liquid

Many thanks all
    Many thanks all
    Many thanks all
    Many thanks all
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jay

Mwuahahaha - slugs!

I found a huge amount of snails nestling among my kniphofia leave right down the bottom.
    I found a huge amount of snails nestling among my kniphofia leave right down the bottom.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. David G

washing up water

Certainly is an OWT - mine didn't stop the blackfly, just provided dinner for the slugs & snails!!
    Certainly is an OWT - mine didn't stop the blackfly, just provided dinner for the slugs & snails!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. GillB

Moles

If your lawn area is fairly small, say 100 sq metres, you might be able to see where the moles are entering the lawn from a side path or shrub bed. During this dry spell moles should be going deep...
    If your lawn area is fairly small, say 100 sq metres, you might be able to see where the moles are entering the lawn from a side path or shrub bed. During this dry spell moles should be going deep but for some reason ( known to themselves ) they wreak havoc on the surface. There should be a...
    If your lawn area is fairly small, say 100 sq metres, you might be able to see where the moles are entering the lawn from a side path or shrub bed. During this dry spell moles should be going deep but for some reason ( known to themselves ) they...
    If your lawn area is fairly small, say 100 sq metres, you might be able to see where the moles are entering the lawn from a side path or shrub bed. During this dry spell moles should be going deep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. tinkerbell

Rust on Fushias

Thanks brazil I will give it a go.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. gofoit2

Blackfly

You're lucky if you've got lots of ladybird larvae in your garden this year! Until last week we hadn't seen any at all this year and I'd only spotted two adult ladybirds. Thankfully at long last...
    You're lucky if you've got lots of ladybird larvae in your garden this year! Until last week we hadn't seen any at all this year and I'd only spotted two adult ladybirds. Thankfully at long last the larvae have appeared. Last year my garden was overrun with ladybirds and their larvae and my...
    You're lucky if you've got lots of ladybird larvae in your garden this year! Until last week we hadn't seen any at all this year and I'd only spotted two adult ladybirds. Thankfully at long last the larvae have appeared. Last year my garden was...
    You're lucky if you've got lots of ladybird larvae in your garden this year! Until last week we hadn't seen any at all this year and I'd only spotted two adult ladybirds. Thankfully at long last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jay

Pest I.D. help please

Im not sure about organic insecticide, I think most of those work on contact, and as the bug is inside the leaf, I dont think it would work. I could be wrong, You really need a reply from the...
    Im not sure about organic insecticide, I think most of those work on contact, and as the bug is inside the leaf, I dont think it would work. I could be wrong, You really need a reply from the organic brigade. ;) [ 04. July 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: pete2255 ]
    Im not sure about organic insecticide, I think most of those work on contact, and as the bug is inside the leaf, I dont think it would work. I could be wrong, You really need a reply from the organic brigade. ;) [ 04. July 2005, 03:59 PM:...
    Im not sure about organic insecticide, I think most of those work on contact, and as the bug is inside the leaf, I dont think it would work. I could be wrong, You really need a reply from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. brianstock

Bumble Bees Nest Problem

I'm with Ladybird here (although they do sting if frightened), they are probably honey bees, are they small dull yellow? They die off in winter so as LB says you can dig the concrete then and move...
    I'm with Ladybird here (although they do sting if frightened), they are probably honey bees, are they small dull yellow? They die off in winter so as LB says you can dig the concrete then and move the queen if she's still on her throne
    I'm with Ladybird here (although they do sting if frightened), they are probably honey bees, are they small dull yellow? They die off in winter so as LB says you can dig the concrete then and move the queen if she's still on her throne
    I'm with Ladybird here (although they do sting if frightened), they are probably honey bees, are they small dull yellow? They die off in winter so as LB says you can dig the concrete then and move...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice