Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. caddy

Mice

Sallyann, thank you husband for that suggestion, he has a point!Thanks too, to Charlie and Bayleaf, your help is very much appreciated. Since my sighting last weekend, i've not seen anymore...
    Sallyann, thank you husband for that suggestion, he has a point!Thanks too, to Charlie and Bayleaf, your help is very much appreciated. Since my sighting last weekend, i've not seen anymore furry creatures in the garden. We are clearing a large part of the garden in the next few weeks (it's...
    Sallyann, thank you husband for that suggestion, he has a point!Thanks too, to Charlie and Bayleaf, your help is very much appreciated. Since my sighting last weekend, i've not seen anymore furry creatures in the garden. We are clearing a large...
    Sallyann, thank you husband for that suggestion, he has a point!Thanks too, to Charlie and Bayleaf, your help is very much appreciated. Since my sighting last weekend, i've not seen anymore...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rob

soap and water

I do a lot of research for my course Nathan, + I garden organically in my job, so like to keep up with stuff (I was supposed to be having 1/2 an hours break from some designing, but I'm still...
    I do a lot of research for my course Nathan, + I garden organically in my job, so like to keep up with stuff (I was supposed to be having 1/2 an hours break from some designing, but I'm still here!- better get back to the drawing board ! :rolleyes: )
    I do a lot of research for my course Nathan, + I garden organically in my job, so like to keep up with stuff (I was supposed to be having 1/2 an hours break from some designing, but I'm still here!- better get back to the drawing board ! ...
    I do a lot of research for my course Nathan, + I garden organically in my job, so like to keep up with stuff (I was supposed to be having 1/2 an hours break from some designing, but I'm still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. fiwi

Ants in pots

I have a problem with ants in my garden, with nests all around the edge of the lawn and in the gaps in the walls. They nest up the stems of roses.The main problem is in containers, they make nests...
    I have a problem with ants in my garden, with nests all around the edge of the lawn and in the gaps in the walls. They nest up the stems of roses.The main problem is in containers, they make nests and push the soil out of the bottom. I am not sure that they actually damage the plants but I have...
    I have a problem with ants in my garden, with nests all around the edge of the lawn and in the gaps in the walls. They nest up the stems of roses.The main problem is in containers, they make nests and push the soil out of the bottom. I am not...
    I have a problem with ants in my garden, with nests all around the edge of the lawn and in the gaps in the walls. They nest up the stems of roses.The main problem is in containers, they make nests...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Trisha

Black and white dots that move!

Hi Trisha check out this link for organic solutions http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=61_181
    Hi Trisha check out this link for organic solutions http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=61_181
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. old higsonion

yellow parsley

Many thanks, its to wet ok !
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. becca

Slugs & Snails

Hannah what voltage is the copper matting ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. aqua

Bugs and Gribbley things

I think only one applies to me BayleafIf researching the leisure sector means sitting on a garden bench...feet up on a stool..doing the garden news crossword while supping a cuppa...then yup...
    I think only one applies to me BayleafIf researching the leisure sector means sitting on a garden bench...feet up on a stool..doing the garden news crossword while supping a cuppa...then yup got me :Dcertainly not welsh or irish!! LOL
    I think only one applies to me BayleafIf researching the leisure sector means sitting on a garden bench...feet up on a stool..doing the garden news crossword while supping a cuppa...then yup got me :Dcertainly not welsh or irish!! LOL
    I think only one applies to me BayleafIf researching the leisure sector means sitting on a garden bench...feet up on a stool..doing the garden news crossword while supping a cuppa...then yup...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. prometheus

hydrangea parasite

Aha, thats it! Thanx a lot, thats fantastic :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Charlie

Marguerite - discoloured leaves

I know what you are saying about losing your flowers but you will have more & better ones if you tidy them up. I agree with ladybird :( you don't have to be to severe but I would...
    I know what you are saying about losing your flowers but you will have more & better ones if you tidy them up. I agree with ladybird :( you don't have to be to severe but I would definately give them a nice compact shape so you will need to cut off a couple of inches I would think...
    I know what you are saying about losing your flowers but you will have more & better ones if you tidy them up. I agree with ladybird :( you don't have to be to severe but I would definately give them a nice compact shape so you will...
    I know what you are saying about losing your flowers but you will have more & better ones if you tidy them up. I agree with ladybird :( you don't have to be to severe but I would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. SteveW

PREDATORS

Bio control is a bit of a pet interest of mine, not so much in localised situations, but in large scale pest eradication. This link gives some info on bio control plans for Japanese Knotweed, and...
    Bio control is a bit of a pet interest of mine, not so much in localised situations, but in large scale pest eradication. This link gives some info on bio control plans for Japanese Knotweed, and a pretty good overview of how it works generally:Japanese Knotweed AllianceMy only concern is...
    Bio control is a bit of a pet interest of mine, not so much in localised situations, but in large scale pest eradication. This link gives some info on bio control plans for Japanese Knotweed, and a pretty good overview of how it works...
    Bio control is a bit of a pet interest of mine, not so much in localised situations, but in large scale pest eradication. This link gives some info on bio control plans for Japanese Knotweed, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Daisies

vine weevil in my tubs

You little darling! and so quickly answered!I've ordered some already
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gardening Newbie

Powdery Mildew

Can you still get nimrod T lynne? It used to work miracles on mildew. Helen its a bit early for mildew on cues, usually occurs later on, after a dry spell.
    Can you still get nimrod T lynne? It used to work miracles on mildew. Helen its a bit early for mildew on cues, usually occurs later on, after a dry spell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. M1chael1970

Attack of the Greenfly

Your best bet is probably to wash them off with the hose - chemical spraying at this time of year will get the good guys as well.Green soap sprayed on can be effective too.
    Your best bet is probably to wash them off with the hose - chemical spraying at this time of year will get the good guys as well.Green soap sprayed on can be effective too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. seedybee68

Stopping Slugs

Have you read the book '50 ways to kill a slug'? Very entertaining for those looking for new and novel ways of dispatching the critters. I saw it in the gift shop at the Alnwick Garden and just...
    Have you read the book '50 ways to kill a slug'? Very entertaining for those looking for new and novel ways of dispatching the critters. I saw it in the gift shop at the Alnwick Garden and just had to buy it for my mum who is an avid slug killer...
    Have you read the book '50 ways to kill a slug'? Very entertaining for those looking for new and novel ways of dispatching the critters. I saw it in the gift shop at the Alnwick Garden and just had to buy it for my mum who is an avid slug killer...
    Have you read the book '50 ways to kill a slug'? Very entertaining for those looking for new and novel ways of dispatching the critters. I saw it in the gift shop at the Alnwick Garden and just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ClassyLassie

Surviving Rabbits

Wow Steve - thanks - there is plenty choice there - and some of them I like too!Thanks againMairi
    Wow Steve - thanks - there is plenty choice there - and some of them I like too!Thanks againMairi
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. aqua

White dots on leaves

Im not sure it sounds like disease. Could it be scorch where water droplets have magnified the sun and burned little bits of the leaf?
    Im not sure it sounds like disease. Could it be scorch where water droplets have magnified the sun and burned little bits of the leaf?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Rosey

Grub alert

Thanks Rosemary, I havent tried to put any pictures on yet. I have read all the instructions its sounds difficult I must find time to work it all out.I need to pester my husband for the technical...
    Thanks Rosemary, I havent tried to put any pictures on yet. I have read all the instructions its sounds difficult I must find time to work it all out.I need to pester my husband for the technical side. Jacqui
    Thanks Rosemary, I havent tried to put any pictures on yet. I have read all the instructions its sounds difficult I must find time to work it all out.I need to pester my husband for the technical side. Jacqui
    Thanks Rosemary, I havent tried to put any pictures on yet. I have read all the instructions its sounds difficult I must find time to work it all out.I need to pester my husband for the technical...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. paul

bloomin' starlings

hi pete,the little devils are pulling all the new tender shoots off the main stems,they seem to be doing it to a hand full of the new emerging annuals aswell.And that is why i came on to thank the...
    hi pete,the little devils are pulling all the new tender shoots off the main stems,they seem to be doing it to a hand full of the new emerging annuals aswell.And that is why i came on to thank the guys i placed come upturned bottles near the plants and an assault course of green canes and jute...
    hi pete,the little devils are pulling all the new tender shoots off the main stems,they seem to be doing it to a hand full of the new emerging annuals aswell.And that is why i came on to thank the guys i placed come upturned bottles near the...
    hi pete,the little devils are pulling all the new tender shoots off the main stems,they seem to be doing it to a hand full of the new emerging annuals aswell.And that is why i came on to thank the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Will Dunkerley

Honey Fungus

Bayleaf,this is what you wrote on March 23rd :-Hope I'm not too late with this one. Armillatox has been banned for use as a fungicide, the manufacturers, rather than withdraw sales, have...
    Bayleaf,this is what you wrote on March 23rd :-Hope I'm not too late with this one. Armillatox has been banned for use as a fungicide, the manufacturers, rather than withdraw sales, have simply re-labelled it for another use. The active ingredients (tar acids) are known carcinogens;...
    Bayleaf,this is what you wrote on March 23rd :-Hope I'm not too late with this one. Armillatox has been banned for use as a fungicide, the manufacturers, rather than withdraw sales, have simply re-labelled it for another use. The active...
    Bayleaf,this is what you wrote on March 23rd :-Hope I'm not too late with this one. Armillatox has been banned for use as a fungicide, the manufacturers, rather than withdraw sales, have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. slugbug

Hungry caterpillar

OH no I have already sprayed it WOOPS!!Yes Steve it is an upright flowering cherry thanks for the correct spelling.I have lots of garden books but didnt have time to look it up. I think this is...
    OH no I have already sprayed it WOOPS!!Yes Steve it is an upright flowering cherry thanks for the correct spelling.I have lots of garden books but didnt have time to look it up. I think this is a great usfeul site for a busy mum like me. Must log off and get some sleep as on duty tonight and...
    OH no I have already sprayed it WOOPS!!Yes Steve it is an upright flowering cherry thanks for the correct spelling.I have lots of garden books but didnt have time to look it up. I think this is a great usfeul site for a busy mum like me. Must...
    OH no I have already sprayed it WOOPS!!Yes Steve it is an upright flowering cherry thanks for the correct spelling.I have lots of garden books but didnt have time to look it up. I think this is...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice