Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. groundbeetle

What ails this Peace Lily?

It looks like mould to me, maybe you wet the leaves too much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. polypody

Rats - Should I not use compost?

Many thanks for your help folks. As we just grow flowers & shrubs at home I'll wait until compost is rotted down & use on flower beds as suggested.
    Many thanks for your help folks. As we just grow flowers & shrubs at home I'll wait until compost is rotted down & use on flower beds as suggested.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Brubaker

What is wrong with my Clementine, I think:)

Again I so appreciate the replies. I will take it out carefully and replace the compost. I will stand it also on some pebbles. Water more and be cognisant of any munchers. I’ll be back with a...
    Again I so appreciate the replies. I will take it out carefully and replace the compost. I will stand it also on some pebbles. Water more and be cognisant of any munchers. I’ll be back with a picture in a month or so.
    Again I so appreciate the replies. I will take it out carefully and replace the compost. I will stand it also on some pebbles. Water more and be cognisant of any munchers. I’ll be back with a picture in a month or so.
    Again I so appreciate the replies. I will take it out carefully and replace the compost. I will stand it also on some pebbles. Water more and be cognisant of any munchers. I’ll be back with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Esoxlucius

White bugs on calathea

Grandma used to fill her bath and place all her houseplants to submerge them over night. She said they couldn't hold their noses for that long !
    Grandma used to fill her bath and place all her houseplants to submerge them over night. She said they couldn't hold their noses for that long !
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Selleri

Wilko's houseplant bug control spray- what is in it?

It's closely related to Neem, no? I tried a decoction of leaves and seeds from my Melia tree on the woolly scale rampaging through my citrus trees. It did seem to help, but like most treatments...
    It's closely related to Neem, no? I tried a decoction of leaves and seeds from my Melia tree on the woolly scale rampaging through my citrus trees. It did seem to help, but like most treatments it needs a regular follow-up until the life-cycle is wiped out.
    It's closely related to Neem, no? I tried a decoction of leaves and seeds from my Melia tree on the woolly scale rampaging through my citrus trees. It did seem to help, but like most treatments it needs a regular follow-up until the life-cycle...
    It's closely related to Neem, no? I tried a decoction of leaves and seeds from my Melia tree on the woolly scale rampaging through my citrus trees. It did seem to help, but like most treatments...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. j-Dubs

Very sad Clematis Montana

Not sure but it could be sooty mould from an earlier aphid attack. Aphids are often the carriers of viruses.
    Not sure but it could be sooty mould from an earlier aphid attack. Aphids are often the carriers of viruses.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. j-Dubs

Hydrangea Leaves Turning Yellow with Green Veins

Thanks again for all the input. I will hold off till the new growth starts in spring.
    Thanks again for all the input. I will hold off till the new growth starts in spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sarah Eley

Beech hedge troubles

Thank you @JWK for your speedy response. Its conforting to know it may come back OK and it isn't just us. We have spotted others doing the same here. Facing the loss of two prunes trees in the new...
    Thank you @JWK for your speedy response. Its conforting to know it may come back OK and it isn't just us. We have spotted others doing the same here. Facing the loss of two prunes trees in the new year so was dreading the prospect of a bald garden, not that baldness is itself a bad thing, she...
    Thank you @JWK for your speedy response. Its conforting to know it may come back OK and it isn't just us. We have spotted others doing the same here. Facing the loss of two prunes trees in the new year so was dreading the prospect of a bald...
    Thank you @JWK for your speedy response. Its conforting to know it may come back OK and it isn't just us. We have spotted others doing the same here. Facing the loss of two prunes trees in the new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. groundbeetle

Is this a hoverfly larva?

I was watching a programme some time ago and I think it was in Scotland where a specific hoverfly larvae can only live in the hollow rotting stumps of felled trees.
    I was watching a programme some time ago and I think it was in Scotland where a specific hoverfly larvae can only live in the hollow rotting stumps of felled trees.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. groundbeetle

Aphids in autumn.

In the last couple of weeks I've planted out lots of Pansies on the balcony. For the time being they seem fine but I worry that the same itsy bitsy tiny grey white aphids will kill them off...
    In the last couple of weeks I've planted out lots of Pansies on the balcony. For the time being they seem fine but I worry that the same itsy bitsy tiny grey white aphids will kill them off another year.
    In the last couple of weeks I've planted out lots of Pansies on the balcony. For the time being they seem fine but I worry that the same itsy bitsy tiny grey white aphids will kill them off another year.
    In the last couple of weeks I've planted out lots of Pansies on the balcony. For the time being they seem fine but I worry that the same itsy bitsy tiny grey white aphids will kill them off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Felicity Grace

Swarm of bugs

i’ve just discovered there’s something called Dandelion Aphids, so they could be those! Thank you for your help.
    i’ve just discovered there’s something called Dandelion Aphids, so they could be those! Thank you for your help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. noisette47

Woolly Scale Insect

@noisette47 It's not much different over here either! There are so many people who want to trick you out of your money! I'm very suspicious of all these claims & like to read other people's...
    @noisette47 It's not much different over here either! There are so many people who want to trick you out of your money! I'm very suspicious of all these claims & like to read other people's opinions & investigate a bit for myself before giving up my cash!
    @noisette47 It's not much different over here either! There are so many people who want to trick you out of your money! I'm very suspicious of all these claims & like to read other people's opinions & investigate a bit for myself before giving...
    @noisette47 It's not much different over here either! There are so many people who want to trick you out of your money! I'm very suspicious of all these claims & like to read other people's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Badluckbowman

Problem With Hedging Shrub

Wouldn't like to guess other than the leaves look vaguely like some of the larger leaved cotoneasters. Looks dead to me I'd just cut out all the dead stuff and see what happens.
    Wouldn't like to guess other than the leaves look vaguely like some of the larger leaved cotoneasters. Looks dead to me I'd just cut out all the dead stuff and see what happens.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Quovadisuk
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Stanley2

What is wrong with my Black Bamboo please?

Um...they don't necessarily die. Mine was very stressed and flowered several years in a row, but as it got lots of rainwater through the winters and springs it recovered. I certainly didn't have...
    Um...they don't necessarily die. Mine was very stressed and flowered several years in a row, but as it got lots of rainwater through the winters and springs it recovered. I certainly didn't have time to cut the flowers off! How about cutting out the flowered canes, @Stanley2 , give it a good,...
    Um...they don't necessarily die. Mine was very stressed and flowered several years in a row, but as it got lots of rainwater through the winters and springs it recovered. I certainly didn't have time to cut the flowers off! How about cutting out...
    Um...they don't necessarily die. Mine was very stressed and flowered several years in a row, but as it got lots of rainwater through the winters and springs it recovered. I certainly didn't have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. groundbeetle

Has anybody used Grazers for Slugs& Snails or for Caterpillars?

I've been using the Ferric phosphate pellets and I find they do work up to a point, with Metaldehyde you could see the results the next morning, with this you dont.But that dont mean its not...
    I've been using the Ferric phosphate pellets and I find they do work up to a point, with Metaldehyde you could see the results the next morning, with this you dont.But that dont mean its not working.Yes a trip out on damp evenings is a good way to lower numbers and I usually cut them in half...
    I've been using the Ferric phosphate pellets and I find they do work up to a point, with Metaldehyde you could see the results the next morning, with this you dont.But that dont mean its not working.Yes a trip out on damp evenings is a good...
    I've been using the Ferric phosphate pellets and I find they do work up to a point, with Metaldehyde you could see the results the next morning, with this you dont.But that dont mean its not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. QuothTheRaven

What's wrong with my Rhododendrons?

I dont think it would hurt, but might take a few weeks to work if it is the problem.Maybe the plants are struggling to get out of the existing root ball if its been dry in your area. Often the...
    I dont think it would hurt, but might take a few weeks to work if it is the problem.Maybe the plants are struggling to get out of the existing root ball if its been dry in your area. Often the rootball of plants planted out late in the year dry out and without water added directly to the neck...
    I dont think it would hurt, but might take a few weeks to work if it is the problem.Maybe the plants are struggling to get out of the existing root ball if its been dry in your area. Often the rootball of plants planted out late in the year dry...
    I dont think it would hurt, but might take a few weeks to work if it is the problem.Maybe the plants are struggling to get out of the existing root ball if its been dry in your area. Often the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Matt578

What is wrong with my Portuguese Laurel?

Were these 3 or 4 bushes also Laurel and part of the 20 originally mentioned? When were the 20 Laurel planted? How big were they when planted? Soil conditions? A few pictures of the general hedge...
    Were these 3 or 4 bushes also Laurel and part of the 20 originally mentioned? When were the 20 Laurel planted? How big were they when planted? Soil conditions? A few pictures of the general hedge and garden woul help as would an indication of location.
    Were these 3 or 4 bushes also Laurel and part of the 20 originally mentioned? When were the 20 Laurel planted? How big were they when planted? Soil conditions? A few pictures of the general hedge and garden woul help as would an indication of...
    Were these 3 or 4 bushes also Laurel and part of the 20 originally mentioned? When were the 20 Laurel planted? How big were they when planted? Soil conditions? A few pictures of the general hedge...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Love my chicken

Does anyone know what’s wrong with my horse-chestnut tree

I'm pretty sure its mostly leaf miner that is causing the problems with horse chestnut early leaf fall. Apparently HC native to Asia and S. E. Europe so I'm pretty sure they can handle a drought...
    I'm pretty sure its mostly leaf miner that is causing the problems with horse chestnut early leaf fall. Apparently HC native to Asia and S. E. Europe so I'm pretty sure they can handle a drought or two.In my street we have crab apple trees and the leaves usually start falling around now, I...
    I'm pretty sure its mostly leaf miner that is causing the problems with horse chestnut early leaf fall. Apparently HC native to Asia and S. E. Europe so I'm pretty sure they can handle a drought or two.In my street we have crab apple trees and...
    I'm pretty sure its mostly leaf miner that is causing the problems with horse chestnut early leaf fall. Apparently HC native to Asia and S. E. Europe so I'm pretty sure they can handle a drought...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. thriftybri

BRAMLEY APPLE TREE DISEASE

thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice