1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. fmay

Worried

Fmay, a simple tip on recognising Fireblight. If the tree looks as if it`s been set on fire, then9 times out of 10 it`s Fireblight. Also, not all cases of it are reportable. Check the Plant Health...
    Fmay, a simple tip on recognising Fireblight. If the tree looks as if it`s been set on fire, then9 times out of 10 it`s Fireblight. Also, not all cases of it are reportable. Check the Plant Health website for the current list of notifiable diseases.:thumb:
    Fmay, a simple tip on recognising Fireblight. If the tree looks as if it`s been set on fire, then9 times out of 10 it`s Fireblight. Also, not all cases of it are reportable. Check the Plant Health website for the current list of notifiable...
    Fmay, a simple tip on recognising Fireblight. If the tree looks as if it`s been set on fire, then9 times out of 10 it`s Fireblight. Also, not all cases of it are reportable. Check the Plant Health...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Makka-Bakka
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Labrador

Red Lily Beetle

Hi all, The beetles don't survive frosts but the pupae overwinter underneath the soil near the lilies. They are quite hard to spot so I try to replace the top layer of soil either in Autumn or...
    Hi all, The beetles don't survive frosts but the pupae overwinter underneath the soil near the lilies. They are quite hard to spot so I try to replace the top layer of soil either in Autumn or early Spring, before the adults emerge. They don't get down to the bulbs. Then in spring as the...
    Hi all, The beetles don't survive frosts but the pupae overwinter underneath the soil near the lilies. They are quite hard to spot so I try to replace the top layer of soil either in Autumn or early Spring, before the adults emerge. They don't...
    Hi all, The beetles don't survive frosts but the pupae overwinter underneath the soil near the lilies. They are quite hard to spot so I try to replace the top layer of soil either in Autumn or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lollipop

Japanese Cherry Blossom-disease/pest or too thick to know what to do?

Hi Sam, I know I should avoid them-I was warned when I bought it, but I had just seen some photos of a large park in Japan which was beautiful. I imagined that is what heaven looked like. And...
    Hi Sam, I know I should avoid them-I was warned when I bought it, but I had just seen some photos of a large park in Japan which was beautiful. I imagined that is what heaven looked like. And this little buddy was my tiny piece of it. I am always torn right in two about my garden-English...
    Hi Sam, I know I should avoid them-I was warned when I bought it, but I had just seen some photos of a large park in Japan which was beautiful. I imagined that is what heaven looked like. And this little buddy was my tiny piece of it. I am...
    Hi Sam, I know I should avoid them-I was warned when I bought it, but I had just seen some photos of a large park in Japan which was beautiful. I imagined that is what heaven looked like. And...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bob flemming

Mould on me tommy?

I agree Bob, bottom end rot. Irregular/not enough water. Once the plants are burdoned with swelling fruit, they develop a thirst like there's no tomorrow. Another symptom is fruit splitting as it...
    I agree Bob, bottom end rot. Irregular/not enough water. Once the plants are burdoned with swelling fruit, they develop a thirst like there's no tomorrow. Another symptom is fruit splitting as it ripens. Both are common problems with tomato growing.
    I agree Bob, bottom end rot. Irregular/not enough water. Once the plants are burdoned with swelling fruit, they develop a thirst like there's no tomorrow. Another symptom is fruit splitting as it ripens. Both are common problems with tomato growing.
    I agree Bob, bottom end rot. Irregular/not enough water. Once the plants are burdoned with swelling fruit, they develop a thirst like there's no tomorrow. Another symptom is fruit splitting as it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Prudence Potts

What's attacking my fuchsias????

Thanks - when it stops raining, I'll try to get a picture!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Shelby

Problem with English Ivy Crisping

Hi Shelby, With indoor grown Ivy there is very little else that can damage them. They are very prone to over watering-even if the leaves look like they are dried to a frazzle they could still...
    Hi Shelby, With indoor grown Ivy there is very little else that can damage them. They are very prone to over watering-even if the leaves look like they are dried to a frazzle they could still be getting over watered, you should only ever water them if the soil feels dry-not a bit moist but...
    Hi Shelby, With indoor grown Ivy there is very little else that can damage them. They are very prone to over watering-even if the leaves look like they are dried to a frazzle they could still be getting over watered, you should only ever water...
    Hi Shelby, With indoor grown Ivy there is very little else that can damage them. They are very prone to over watering-even if the leaves look like they are dried to a frazzle they could still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. minxycat2002

black fly

Have a question about commercial/chemical aphid control sprays: Do they inhibit pollination? Ie by killing or repelling the bugs that would (absent spray) pollinate the plants?
    Have a question about commercial/chemical aphid control sprays: Do they inhibit pollination? Ie by killing or repelling the bugs that would (absent spray) pollinate the plants?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. newlawn

.Question about unwanted mushrooms

If you've got mushrooms in your lawn it's because conditions are right for them to grow there. So therefor it's almost impossible to eradicate them without damaging your lawn as well. At this time...
    If you've got mushrooms in your lawn it's because conditions are right for them to grow there. So therefor it's almost impossible to eradicate them without damaging your lawn as well. At this time of year I'm cutting the lawn at least twice a week and any shrooms that grow disappear into the...
    If you've got mushrooms in your lawn it's because conditions are right for them to grow there. So therefor it's almost impossible to eradicate them without damaging your lawn as well. At this time of year I'm cutting the lawn at least twice a...
    If you've got mushrooms in your lawn it's because conditions are right for them to grow there. So therefor it's almost impossible to eradicate them without damaging your lawn as well. At this time...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. daisybelle

Do you see greenfly as a problem?

I see greenfly as a problem too. This year I had them on the tulips. :eek::eek: I have never seen that before. I tried the fairy liquid trick, it did not work and in the end I resorted to the...
    I see greenfly as a problem too. This year I had them on the tulips. :eek::eek: I have never seen that before. I tried the fairy liquid trick, it did not work and in the end I resorted to the chemical spray. They had spread form the tulips to the roses. The black-fly seem to be causing more...
    I see greenfly as a problem too. This year I had them on the tulips. :eek::eek: I have never seen that before. I tried the fairy liquid trick, it did not work and in the end I resorted to the chemical spray. They had spread form the tulips to...
    I see greenfly as a problem too. This year I had them on the tulips. :eek::eek: I have never seen that before. I tried the fairy liquid trick, it did not work and in the end I resorted to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Veg-and-flower-man

Nasturtium Problem

I've seen them in the garden centre borrowers - 'peaches and cream' they may have been called?
    I've seen them in the garden centre borrowers - 'peaches and cream' they may have been called?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kerryshome

Rabbit question....

When you sink it into the ground you also want to bend it horizontal for at least 6" as well so that there is a flat 6" of netting under the ground. Rabbits will dig down and try to get under...
    When you sink it into the ground you also want to bend it horizontal for at least 6" as well so that there is a flat 6" of netting under the ground. Rabbits will dig down and try to get under obstructions but only try and do it alongside the obstruction. S oif they hit the netting underground...
    When you sink it into the ground you also want to bend it horizontal for at least 6" as well so that there is a flat 6" of netting under the ground. Rabbits will dig down and try to get under obstructions but only try and do it alongside the...
    When you sink it into the ground you also want to bend it horizontal for at least 6" as well so that there is a flat 6" of netting under the ground. Rabbits will dig down and try to get under...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. coub

Slugs Snails And Children

Hi !!! They usually "feast" on hostas, French marigolds,campanulas, tall lobelia and naturally lettuce.This season,it is mainly gazanias,lupins,varigated iris leaves and flowers and shasta...
    Hi !!! They usually "feast" on hostas, French marigolds,campanulas, tall lobelia and naturally lettuce.This season,it is mainly gazanias,lupins,varigated iris leaves and flowers and shasta daisies, I wonder why?cherrio!
    Hi !!! They usually "feast" on hostas, French marigolds,campanulas, tall lobelia and naturally lettuce.This season,it is mainly gazanias,lupins,varigated iris leaves and flowers and shasta daisies, I wonder why?cherrio!
    Hi !!! They usually "feast" on hostas, French marigolds,campanulas, tall lobelia and naturally lettuce.This season,it is mainly gazanias,lupins,varigated iris leaves and flowers and shasta...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clivebeatty

Hydrangea with eggs

Well, if it is the thing I think it is it is called cocciniglia in italian... Surely it also has a name in english... but I don't know. Very helpful, I know. Check,because I am not sure without a...
    Well, if it is the thing I think it is it is called cocciniglia in italian... Surely it also has a name in english... but I don't know. Very helpful, I know. Check,because I am not sure without a picture, but the only egg like thing I can think of is this.
    Well, if it is the thing I think it is it is called cocciniglia in italian... Surely it also has a name in english... but I don't know. Very helpful, I know. Check,because I am not sure without a picture, but the only egg like thing I can think...
    Well, if it is the thing I think it is it is called cocciniglia in italian... Surely it also has a name in english... but I don't know. Very helpful, I know. Check,because I am not sure without a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hilsbee

If it looks like blight........

That's very helpful as it seems that once blight strikes, it progresses very quickly. Whereas, I've had brown patches for a couple of weeks and they haven't collapsed yet!Also, my neighbour...
    That's very helpful as it seems that once blight strikes, it progresses very quickly. Whereas, I've had brown patches for a couple of weeks and they haven't collapsed yet!Also, my neighbour shares half my garden and he doesn't have the same problem and you would have expected it to...
    That's very helpful as it seems that once blight strikes, it progresses very quickly. Whereas, I've had brown patches for a couple of weeks and they haven't collapsed yet!Also, my neighbour shares half my garden and he doesn't have the same...
    That's very helpful as it seems that once blight strikes, it progresses very quickly. Whereas, I've had brown patches for a couple of weeks and they haven't collapsed yet!Also, my neighbour...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. fmay

Rabbits

All this talk has made me hungry and my hunter killer obviously can read too, cos he just walked across the patio with a bunny towards his favorite eating spot. He sits on the woodchip pile and...
    All this talk has made me hungry and my hunter killer obviously can read too, cos he just walked across the patio with a bunny towards his favorite eating spot. He sits on the woodchip pile and jumps on warren exiting bunnies. Good lad.
    All this talk has made me hungry and my hunter killer obviously can read too, cos he just walked across the patio with a bunny towards his favorite eating spot. He sits on the woodchip pile and jumps on warren exiting bunnies. Good lad.
    All this talk has made me hungry and my hunter killer obviously can read too, cos he just walked across the patio with a bunny towards his favorite eating spot. He sits on the woodchip pile and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Freddy

Poorly Tom

Sorted :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ace of spades

Free to good home 1 Mole (good digger works night and day}

i tried allsorrts in the end i gave up and they just left :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Earthman

What's wrong with my Staghorn (Rhus)?

Will do, soon. Thanks
    Will do, soon. Thanks
    Will do, soon. Thanks
    Will do, soon. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. shady

Sorbus Cashmiriana (Mountain Ash) - leaves dropping :o(

Trees should be moist, not drenched. Waterlogging can have devastating effects on tree health. Signs and symptoms can sometimes take up to a year to show.
    Trees should be moist, not drenched. Waterlogging can have devastating effects on tree health. Signs and symptoms can sometimes take up to a year to show.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice