1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. jetplane

Doudy Mildu

:rolleyes: Well this is what the RHS say...So go & see what your GC has...:thumb:
    :rolleyes: Well this is what the RHS say...So go & see what your GC has...:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. hakakahn

Slugs-nothing works!

Try nematodes which are microscopic worms which live naturally inthe soil. Nemaslug is a popular brand name. Water the pot surface and see if that works. over 90% of slug damage is caused by...
    Try nematodes which are microscopic worms which live naturally inthe soil. Nemaslug is a popular brand name. Water the pot surface and see if that works. over 90% of slug damage is caused by slugs that live underground. most feed only underground but some come to the surface to feed. Thing...
    Try nematodes which are microscopic worms which live naturally inthe soil. Nemaslug is a popular brand name. Water the pot surface and see if that works. over 90% of slug damage is caused by slugs that live underground. most feed only...
    Try nematodes which are microscopic worms which live naturally inthe soil. Nemaslug is a popular brand name. Water the pot surface and see if that works. over 90% of slug damage is caused by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. men8ifr

How to discourage pigeons..?

You could try a plastic Owl or bird of prey you know like ponds sometimes have a plastic Heron near them to keep other birds away or maybe one of those brightly coloured garden twirlers I know...
    You could try a plastic Owl or bird of prey you know like ponds sometimes have a plastic Heron near them to keep other birds away or maybe one of those brightly coloured garden twirlers I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but they might just work.Hel.xxx.
    You could try a plastic Owl or bird of prey you know like ponds sometimes have a plastic Heron near them to keep other birds away or maybe one of those brightly coloured garden twirlers I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but they might just...
    You could try a plastic Owl or bird of prey you know like ponds sometimes have a plastic Heron near them to keep other birds away or maybe one of those brightly coloured garden twirlers I know...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SpringsHere

Do you know what these eggs are please?

Deffo snail eggs - here is one I caught in the act:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. KayBee

Problem with Leafminers on my basil :-(

Thank you, I will give it a try!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. paddy_rice

Dry, crunchy leaf edges?

I never knew wind could scorch leaves! Just shows how much I know. :) Thanks anyway, that's very reassuring.
    I never knew wind could scorch leaves! Just shows how much I know. :) Thanks anyway, that's very reassuring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Shobhna

Crab Apple - losing leaves

I feel as bit more reassured now Dai - I'll wait and see what happens
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Delboy

Something on my Hydrangeas

Can't help with hydrangea problem, Delboy, but who do you have to get permission from to upload a photo? Not us, in fact photo's are a big help if there's a problem. Have a look around this...
    Can't help with hydrangea problem, Delboy, but who do you have to get permission from to upload a photo? Not us, in fact photo's are a big help if there's a problem. Have a look around this site, you'll find loads of them:) cheers
    Can't help with hydrangea problem, Delboy, but who do you have to get permission from to upload a photo? Not us, in fact photo's are a big help if there's a problem. Have a look around this site, you'll find loads of them:) cheers
    Can't help with hydrangea problem, Delboy, but who do you have to get permission from to upload a photo? Not us, in fact photo's are a big help if there's a problem. Have a look around this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. acky76

Yellow Potato leaves

Not ready for harvesting then. Might be just in need of food and water as Dave says.
    Not ready for harvesting then. Might be just in need of food and water as Dave says.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kedi-Gato

Infected leaves?

Fine by me babe.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. skylark

What are happening to my Willows?

No digging at all - we've only just bought the house - well at Christmas - so it's been interesting to know what plants & trees we have - I took a twig & leaf to RHS Rosemoor & no they hadn't a...
    No digging at all - we've only just bought the house - well at Christmas - so it's been interesting to know what plants & trees we have - I took a twig & leaf to RHS Rosemoor & no they hadn't a clue! Typical!
    No digging at all - we've only just bought the house - well at Christmas - so it's been interesting to know what plants & trees we have - I took a twig & leaf to RHS Rosemoor & no they hadn't a clue! Typical!
    No digging at all - we've only just bought the house - well at Christmas - so it's been interesting to know what plants & trees we have - I took a twig & leaf to RHS Rosemoor & no they hadn't a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. nickp

Black spots on paths and driveway

When we had builders in last year and also had a new patio laid it was covered with ground in dirt and blobs of cement. What didn't clean off with pressure hosing (quite a lot) they cleaned up...
    When we had builders in last year and also had a new patio laid it was covered with ground in dirt and blobs of cement. What didn't clean off with pressure hosing (quite a lot) they cleaned up with with a liquid in a can that said it was brick and concrete cleaner. It came from their builders...
    When we had builders in last year and also had a new patio laid it was covered with ground in dirt and blobs of cement. What didn't clean off with pressure hosing (quite a lot) they cleaned up with with a liquid in a can that said it was brick...
    When we had builders in last year and also had a new patio laid it was covered with ground in dirt and blobs of cement. What didn't clean off with pressure hosing (quite a lot) they cleaned up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ray.finch

GREENFLY

Ray we tend to plant marigolds all over our garden as they attract hoverflies who lay their larvae in or around the flowers who then when hatched eat all the greenflies! Works well for us as we...
    Ray we tend to plant marigolds all over our garden as they attract hoverflies who lay their larvae in or around the flowers who then when hatched eat all the greenflies! Works well for us as we really don't like sitting outside in swarms of greenflies although you do have to watch the slugs...
    Ray we tend to plant marigolds all over our garden as they attract hoverflies who lay their larvae in or around the flowers who then when hatched eat all the greenflies! Works well for us as we really don't like sitting outside in swarms of...
    Ray we tend to plant marigolds all over our garden as they attract hoverflies who lay their larvae in or around the flowers who then when hatched eat all the greenflies! Works well for us as we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. paddy_rice

Crawly things on my honeysuckle

Honeysuckle is very attractive to numerous moths and those caterpillars could well be the result of their visits. If your plant is big enough to tolerate a bit of damage, it would be interesting...
    Honeysuckle is very attractive to numerous moths and those caterpillars could well be the result of their visits. If your plant is big enough to tolerate a bit of damage, it would be interesting to see what any other caterpillars grow into. But that's the kind of thing I used to do as a little...
    Honeysuckle is very attractive to numerous moths and those caterpillars could well be the result of their visits. If your plant is big enough to tolerate a bit of damage, it would be interesting to see what any other caterpillars grow into. But...
    Honeysuckle is very attractive to numerous moths and those caterpillars could well be the result of their visits. If your plant is big enough to tolerate a bit of damage, it would be interesting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bashy

huge problem with blackfly!!

Bashy.The soap solution doesn't kill the Black Fly, it just stops them being able to stick to the plant in question. The ants are farming the Black Fly.================To try to avoid Black...
    Bashy.The soap solution doesn't kill the Black Fly, it just stops them being able to stick to the plant in question. The ants are farming the Black Fly.================To try to avoid Black Fly on Broad Beans, you have to remove the tips or top of the plant. Sometimes it works, other...
    Bashy.The soap solution doesn't kill the Black Fly, it just stops them being able to stick to the plant in question. The ants are farming the Black Fly.================To try to avoid Black Fly on Broad Beans, you have to remove the tips or...
    Bashy.The soap solution doesn't kill the Black Fly, it just stops them being able to stick to the plant in question. The ants are farming the Black Fly.================To try to avoid Black...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. crofthouse

Devastated lupins

CH do try the Provado as I have been pleased with it.It even kills off the dreaded Lilly beetle though luckily this year i have managed to at least kill the adults under my shoe,but it is the...
    CH do try the Provado as I have been pleased with it.It even kills off the dreaded Lilly beetle though luckily this year i have managed to at least kill the adults under my shoe,but it is the youngsters that cause a lot of the problems.:eek: If you buy some of the Provado spray it should tell...
    CH do try the Provado as I have been pleased with it.It even kills off the dreaded Lilly beetle though luckily this year i have managed to at least kill the adults under my shoe,but it is the youngsters that cause a lot of the problems.:eek: If...
    CH do try the Provado as I have been pleased with it.It even kills off the dreaded Lilly beetle though luckily this year i have managed to at least kill the adults under my shoe,but it is the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kitesurf4

Mint Flea Beetles!

It's not the kind of beetle you mentioned, as it is not at all green. It is the exact colour of the mint beetle, although I'm guessing it is not a 'mint beetle'. It is most interested in my...
    It's not the kind of beetle you mentioned, as it is not at all green. It is the exact colour of the mint beetle, although I'm guessing it is not a 'mint beetle'. It is most interested in my lettuces now! I have had to hose off the mints and bring the them inside to save them!I bought some...
    It's not the kind of beetle you mentioned, as it is not at all green. It is the exact colour of the mint beetle, although I'm guessing it is not a 'mint beetle'. It is most interested in my lettuces now! I have had to hose off the mints and bring...
    It's not the kind of beetle you mentioned, as it is not at all green. It is the exact colour of the mint beetle, although I'm guessing it is not a 'mint beetle'. It is most interested in my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Barnowl

Corylus Contorta (Hazel) - leaf curl

They do have contorted leaves as well as the branches. Some people think the leaves are ugly but we quite like them although the tree looks at its best in the early spring when the branches still...
    They do have contorted leaves as well as the branches. Some people think the leaves are ugly but we quite like them although the tree looks at its best in the early spring when the branches still haven't got their leaves but have the lovely catkins hanging from them. We have had our tree for...
    They do have contorted leaves as well as the branches. Some people think the leaves are ugly but we quite like them although the tree looks at its best in the early spring when the branches still haven't got their leaves but have the lovely...
    They do have contorted leaves as well as the branches. Some people think the leaves are ugly but we quite like them although the tree looks at its best in the early spring when the branches still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria

Yellowing Yuccas

Got it in one .... I'm beautiful enough without it ...:rolleyes::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. musabasjoo

Petunia problem

Pinch the tips, and feed them. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice