1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. huggiebear100

Ealeagnus Covered In Fleas ???

If you do a search on Flea Beetles I think you will find that this is what your mystery bugs are!
    If you do a search on Flea Beetles I think you will find that this is what your mystery bugs are!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Bashy

Sick Hydranga - Help please

cheers david
    cheers david
    cheers david
    cheers david
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mztrouble

camelia under attack!

will give that a try if the ladybirds don't work!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. flowerpot08

wiggly things

Looking at the picture on the link you gave, yes it looks like Ladybird larvae, i cant send a pic to show you, because i squished it:oThanks also for the link of insects, i will put it in my...
    Looking at the picture on the link you gave, yes it looks like Ladybird larvae, i cant send a pic to show you, because i squished it:oThanks also for the link of insects, i will put it in my favourites for the future.:thumb:
    Looking at the picture on the link you gave, yes it looks like Ladybird larvae, i cant send a pic to show you, because i squished it:oThanks also for the link of insects, i will put it in my favourites for the future.:thumb:
    Looking at the picture on the link you gave, yes it looks like Ladybird larvae, i cant send a pic to show you, because i squished it:oThanks also for the link of insects, i will put it in my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Victoria

Grubs or what ????

Why didn't you get a really good close-up, Sis, and post it up in Wildlife / What's buzzing.........., too? We love things like that over there. :D If necessary, I get down on the ground and...
    Why didn't you get a really good close-up, Sis, and post it up in Wildlife / What's buzzing.........., too? We love things like that over there. :D If necessary, I get down on the ground and position the critters so I get good pics. Did you see the pics of the marvellous larvae I found in...
    Why didn't you get a really good close-up, Sis, and post it up in Wildlife / What's buzzing.........., too? We love things like that over there. :D If necessary, I get down on the ground and position the critters so I get good pics. Did you...
    Why didn't you get a really good close-up, Sis, and post it up in Wildlife / What's buzzing.........., too? We love things like that over there. :D If necessary, I get down on the ground and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. daisybelle

Greenfly resistant plants

I`ve never known them on Marigolds or Tagetes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. borrowers

caterpillar-butterfly

Thank you flinty & JarBax, I'll try to remember your comments when I'm panicking cos I see something 'horrible':) I do feel bad about killing anything really - hence the cobwebs and spiders that...
    Thank you flinty & JarBax, I'll try to remember your comments when I'm panicking cos I see something 'horrible':) I do feel bad about killing anything really - hence the cobwebs and spiders that live in my house:) Only joking - sort of:). I can even watch ants but not if they're destroying my...
    Thank you flinty & JarBax, I'll try to remember your comments when I'm panicking cos I see something 'horrible':) I do feel bad about killing anything really - hence the cobwebs and spiders that live in my house:) Only joking - sort of:). I can...
    Thank you flinty & JarBax, I'll try to remember your comments when I'm panicking cos I see something 'horrible':) I do feel bad about killing anything really - hence the cobwebs and spiders that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Shelby

Unknown problem with my Oxalis Regnelli.

It`s a physiological disease, Shelby, there is nothing you can buy to treat it. Scorch is caused in one of two ways. Either there are water droplets on the leaves acting like a magnifying glass...
    It`s a physiological disease, Shelby, there is nothing you can buy to treat it. Scorch is caused in one of two ways. Either there are water droplets on the leaves acting like a magnifying glass which increase the warmth from the sun, thus burning the plant. Or, if it`s hot and sunny with a...
    It`s a physiological disease, Shelby, there is nothing you can buy to treat it. Scorch is caused in one of two ways. Either there are water droplets on the leaves acting like a magnifying glass which increase the warmth from the sun, thus burning...
    It`s a physiological disease, Shelby, there is nothing you can buy to treat it. Scorch is caused in one of two ways. Either there are water droplets on the leaves acting like a magnifying glass...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. SimonFJ

Leaf spot on ivy

SimonJust "spotted" your post - sorry for the pun...Ivy is generally pretty tough but can suffer from leaf spot. You don't say how big it is but with 80% damage, I'd dig it out and get...
    SimonJust "spotted" your post - sorry for the pun...Ivy is generally pretty tough but can suffer from leaf spot. You don't say how big it is but with 80% damage, I'd dig it out and get rid of it. Trouble is, even if you replace the soil, the infection might still be lurking on the...
    SimonJust "spotted" your post - sorry for the pun...Ivy is generally pretty tough but can suffer from leaf spot. You don't say how big it is but with 80% damage, I'd dig it out and get rid of it. Trouble is, even if you replace the...
    SimonJust "spotted" your post - sorry for the pun...Ivy is generally pretty tough but can suffer from leaf spot. You don't say how big it is but with 80% damage, I'd dig it out and get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hammerchewa

Gooseberry decimation

That's great - thanks for the help and link :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Freddy

Ants

. If you can get Pif-Paf spray, then no ants!Last year got 3 tins for a quid in the "Poundshop", but have not seen any this yearCherrio
    . If you can get Pif-Paf spray, then no ants!Last year got 3 tins for a quid in the "Poundshop", but have not seen any this yearCherrio
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. borrowers

Tobacco water for pests-?

Dai. "There's none so pure as the purified":D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. elliegreenwellie

strange fly on my chillis!

I have a few strange flies in my mini greenhouse - they have been there a while and so far I can't see any harm done but they seem to sit on my chillis so I thought I'd just check as one has bites...
    I have a few strange flies in my mini greenhouse - they have been there a while and so far I can't see any harm done but they seem to sit on my chillis so I thought I'd just check as one has bites out of it's leaves and has fallen over (all the rest are in perfect health) they are about the size...
    I have a few strange flies in my mini greenhouse - they have been there a while and so far I can't see any harm done but they seem to sit on my chillis so I thought I'd just check as one has bites out of it's leaves and has fallen over (all the...
    I have a few strange flies in my mini greenhouse - they have been there a while and so far I can't see any harm done but they seem to sit on my chillis so I thought I'd just check as one has bites...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. miraflores

snails

:):):)Great advice, just hope none of my neighbours are lurking here :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mole man

mole control

Launching today a new mole control directory. This directory is different froms the others as we only have traditional molecatchers and not pest controllers as members. All of our members are...
    Launching today a new mole control directory. This directory is different froms the others as we only have traditional molecatchers and not pest controllers as members. All of our members are fully insured and offer an excellent level of service to its customers. For more information go to
    Launching today a new mole control directory. This directory is different froms the others as we only have traditional molecatchers and not pest controllers as members. All of our members are fully insured and offer an excellent level of service...
    Launching today a new mole control directory. This directory is different froms the others as we only have traditional molecatchers and not pest controllers as members. All of our members are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Small flower

Holes in acer and maple leaves?

Ok thanks - thats defo the reason then!Trouble is I've planted flowers round the base of the acer plant to add colour (tis the only place I can plant flowers, as I have 2 x bunnies who eat all...
    Ok thanks - thats defo the reason then!Trouble is I've planted flowers round the base of the acer plant to add colour (tis the only place I can plant flowers, as I have 2 x bunnies who eat all my flowers otherwise, so flowers can only be planted in tall pots!) So I'll lay off watering as much.
    Ok thanks - thats defo the reason then!Trouble is I've planted flowers round the base of the acer plant to add colour (tis the only place I can plant flowers, as I have 2 x bunnies who eat all my flowers otherwise, so flowers can only be...
    Ok thanks - thats defo the reason then!Trouble is I've planted flowers round the base of the acer plant to add colour (tis the only place I can plant flowers, as I have 2 x bunnies who eat all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JarBax

Woolly aphid???

Your right ellie - I picked another few infested stems yesterday. Never seen aphids like these before - green ones, and black ones, but not these nasty grey flakey ones...
    Your right ellie - I picked another few infested stems yesterday. Never seen aphids like these before - green ones, and black ones, but not these nasty grey flakey ones...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ellenw

aphids and ants and what to do about them!

Ants dont always mean aphids, aphids tend to be an early summer problem. That in lots of cases goes away on its own. You only need to act if you can see that serious damage is being done.
    Ants dont always mean aphids, aphids tend to be an early summer problem. That in lots of cases goes away on its own. You only need to act if you can see that serious damage is being done.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. gardenlearner

snail issue

Take a look here Gardenlearner hopefully should help you
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. paddy_rice

Yellowing bean plants

Yes, you are right Dai. I have fed my beans a good feed of Tomorite and hey presto they are back to a healthy green again and have their first blooms on them.
    Yes, you are right Dai. I have fed my beans a good feed of Tomorite and hey presto they are back to a healthy green again and have their first blooms on them.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice