1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Bashy

Black eggs and ants

Yeah, just noticed them on my sunflowers too. Even loadsa ants crawling up and down plants that haven't got any 'eggs' on them. Isn't there an organic spray I can use? Fairy liquid/vegetable...
    Yeah, just noticed them on my sunflowers too. Even loadsa ants crawling up and down plants that haven't got any 'eggs' on them. Isn't there an organic spray I can use? Fairy liquid/vegetable oil? WOO advised me to use this on my roses to control the aphids, will this kill the black fly and...
    Yeah, just noticed them on my sunflowers too. Even loadsa ants crawling up and down plants that haven't got any 'eggs' on them. Isn't there an organic spray I can use? Fairy liquid/vegetable oil? WOO advised me to use this on my roses to...
    Yeah, just noticed them on my sunflowers too. Even loadsa ants crawling up and down plants that haven't got any 'eggs' on them. Isn't there an organic spray I can use? Fairy liquid/vegetable...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Essexgardens

Could this be squirrels?

a well set trap will reveal the culprate :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. martandmichelle

Greenfly on my Chillies I think

Dave, not sure about commercially but it is in the trade, like most effective insecticides it will probably be withdrawn.:(
    Dave, not sure about commercially but it is in the trade, like most effective insecticides it will probably be withdrawn.:(
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wilroda

Blight

lol that it is rather amusing
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rouxbee

Yellow spots

Then all of a sudden, the plant dies, along with 2 reputations.:D:D Only joking Ruby, it IS scorch.:thumb:
    Then all of a sudden, the plant dies, along with 2 reputations.:D:D Only joking Ruby, it IS scorch.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. huggiebear100

Ealeagnus covered in Fleas???

I see them on Ealeagnus Ebbingei. They are the bog standard type you see everywhere, industrial estates, apartment blocks. Have a look at one near youLooked up Springtails but couldn't...
    I see them on Ealeagnus Ebbingei. They are the bog standard type you see everywhere, industrial estates, apartment blocks. Have a look at one near youLooked up Springtails but couldn't identify with these.
    I see them on Ealeagnus Ebbingei. They are the bog standard type you see everywhere, industrial estates, apartment blocks. Have a look at one near youLooked up Springtails but couldn't identify with these.
    I see them on Ealeagnus Ebbingei. They are the bog standard type you see everywhere, industrial estates, apartment blocks. Have a look at one near youLooked up Springtails but couldn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. beanie b12

Ants in my plants

Many thanks. It's like asking a shop assistant for something in Sainsbury and finding out you're standing by the shelf. Beanie
    Many thanks. It's like asking a shop assistant for something in Sainsbury and finding out you're standing by the shelf. Beanie
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. happymundays

black aphids on cherry blossom

My poor flower buds froze in the snow now black aphid are running rampant we only planted it last autum. I've sprayed with provado should I just sponge the clumps with washing detergent or will...
    My poor flower buds froze in the snow now black aphid are running rampant we only planted it last autum. I've sprayed with provado should I just sponge the clumps with washing detergent or will the tree fight back.Thanks munday
    My poor flower buds froze in the snow now black aphid are running rampant we only planted it last autum. I've sprayed with provado should I just sponge the clumps with washing detergent or will the tree fight back.Thanks munday
    My poor flower buds froze in the snow now black aphid are running rampant we only planted it last autum. I've sprayed with provado should I just sponge the clumps with washing detergent or will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sawfish

wireworms

Just read a book about wireworms and they said that it is a good idea to plat a row of wheat by the affected veggies and the worms should home on it and then you can dig up both wheat and worms...
    Just read a book about wireworms and they said that it is a good idea to plat a row of wheat by the affected veggies and the worms should home on it and then you can dig up both wheat and worms and destroy them. (Source Caroline Foley). If you try let me know if it works
    Just read a book about wireworms and they said that it is a good idea to plat a row of wheat by the affected veggies and the worms should home on it and then you can dig up both wheat and worms and destroy them. (Source Caroline Foley). If you...
    Just read a book about wireworms and they said that it is a good idea to plat a row of wheat by the affected veggies and the worms should home on it and then you can dig up both wheat and worms...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. paddy_rice

What's up with my oregano?

The leaves of my little oregano plant (country cream variety, variegated leaves) are starting to develop brown patches, as are some of the stems. It was bought from a garden centre and is about...
    The leaves of my little oregano plant (country cream variety, variegated leaves) are starting to develop brown patches, as are some of the stems. It was bought from a garden centre and is about 6in high, planted in a trough with basil and dill. The basil has developed a grey mould (which we...
    The leaves of my little oregano plant (country cream variety, variegated leaves) are starting to develop brown patches, as are some of the stems. It was bought from a garden centre and is about 6in high, planted in a trough with basil and dill....
    The leaves of my little oregano plant (country cream variety, variegated leaves) are starting to develop brown patches, as are some of the stems. It was bought from a garden centre and is about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. SpringsHere

Those wretched Pigeons and Doves!!!

I've just bought one of these water jet spray repellers for the cats, but it does say it works for birds too.
    I've just bought one of these water jet spray repellers for the cats, but it does say it works for birds too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Veg-and-flower-man

Urgent!!!

or this?this is a potato capsid which I read is quite fond of carrots and chrysanthemums too.
    or this?this is a potato capsid which I read is quite fond of carrots and chrysanthemums too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jonno1230

Any advice on aphids?

If you have white fly then make the atmosphere a little damper by spraying the floor etc. They thrive when climate is hot and dry. Greenfly just thrive!Nothing to stop you gently crushing...
    If you have white fly then make the atmosphere a little damper by spraying the floor etc. They thrive when climate is hot and dry. Greenfly just thrive!Nothing to stop you gently crushing the aphid cluster with finger and thumb using enough pressure to kill but not damage the stems of the...
    If you have white fly then make the atmosphere a little damper by spraying the floor etc. They thrive when climate is hot and dry. Greenfly just thrive!Nothing to stop you gently crushing the aphid cluster with finger and thumb using enough...
    If you have white fly then make the atmosphere a little damper by spraying the floor etc. They thrive when climate is hot and dry. Greenfly just thrive!Nothing to stop you gently crushing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Maxillian

Red bugs eating my lovely lillies!

provado definitely works - has sorted mine out for a couple of seasons now - also works on mealy bug on my stephanotis.
    provado definitely works - has sorted mine out for a couple of seasons now - also works on mealy bug on my stephanotis.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. TAL

First Post - Very Newbie-Got maggots I think

no expert . pull the other one ;) :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. minxycat2002

Meadow Spittlebug on my strawberry plants?

The bug is inside the spit, a relativly large yellowish thing that moves slowly. The spit does no harm and will disappear once the bug is killed.
    The bug is inside the spit, a relativly large yellowish thing that moves slowly. The spit does no harm and will disappear once the bug is killed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sawfish

cornus kousa unwell

:) Hi Sawfish, I'm not sure but have a look here you may be able to identify what is wrong from here...;) I do say maybe though...:D
    :) Hi Sawfish, I'm not sure but have a look here you may be able to identify what is wrong from here...;) I do say maybe though...:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bashy

Aphids

Me too terrier, thats All I use soapy water. On my lupins as well. 02
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Neil C

Gnarled leaves?

Don't forget to give them a feed of liquid plant food to help them recover. G.man. :thumb:
    Don't forget to give them a feed of liquid plant food to help them recover. G.man. :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. compost maker

Choisa Sundance turning soggy light brown?

My 6 yr old healthy sundance has white flowers and some leaves look healthy but an increasing amount of leaves a re turning khaki brown and look unhealthy. What is the cause and what can I do?
    My 6 yr old healthy sundance has white flowers and some leaves look healthy but an increasing amount of leaves a re turning khaki brown and look unhealthy. What is the cause and what can I do?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice