1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Kathy3

wasps

We had a hornets' nest in the loft the year before last, so I panic whenever I see a large wasp now. We have had a few buzzing around for about 6 weeks now, so I guess there's a nest around here...
    We had a hornets' nest in the loft the year before last, so I panic whenever I see a large wasp now. We have had a few buzzing around for about 6 weeks now, so I guess there's a nest around here somewhere. I shall leave them be so long as they stay outside.This nice man dealt with it for us.
    We had a hornets' nest in the loft the year before last, so I panic whenever I see a large wasp now. We have had a few buzzing around for about 6 weeks now, so I guess there's a nest around here somewhere. I shall leave them be so long as they...
    We had a hornets' nest in the loft the year before last, so I panic whenever I see a large wasp now. We have had a few buzzing around for about 6 weeks now, so I guess there's a nest around here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Pink Sunflower

Moles

halo i had moles a couple of years ago they moved in from next door i put empty beer bottles in the ground with the neck just poking up out of the ground it worked a treat they dont like the noise...
    halo i had moles a couple of years ago they moved in from next door i put empty beer bottles in the ground with the neck just poking up out of the ground it worked a treat they dont like the noise and vibration so i was told,the moles moved on and i was well oiled too great fun
    halo i had moles a couple of years ago they moved in from next door i put empty beer bottles in the ground with the neck just poking up out of the ground it worked a treat they dont like the noise and vibration so i was told,the moles moved on...
    halo i had moles a couple of years ago they moved in from next door i put empty beer bottles in the ground with the neck just poking up out of the ground it worked a treat they dont like the noise...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. coub

burnt edges 2

Drought was mentioned Sarraceniac but as you say I will let the leaves drop of on there own. And thankyou for all the help on this subject everybody.
    Drought was mentioned Sarraceniac but as you say I will let the leaves drop of on there own. And thankyou for all the help on this subject everybody.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. intermiplants

mice a nicer way

i really thought i was having my legged pulled when my mum said she heard that i was breaking the law for letting them go back in the wild..well if they want to keep them they can have them might...
    i really thought i was having my legged pulled when my mum said she heard that i was breaking the law for letting them go back in the wild..well if they want to keep them they can have them might let 2 go in the bolton magistrates court :D ;)
    i really thought i was having my legged pulled when my mum said she heard that i was breaking the law for letting them go back in the wild..well if they want to keep them they can have them might let 2 go in the bolton magistrates court :D ;)
    i really thought i was having my legged pulled when my mum said she heard that i was breaking the law for letting them go back in the wild..well if they want to keep them they can have them might...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lazy-gardener

is this a virus???

Agree with Bayleaf looks like scorch.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Cookie Monster

Spikey leaf, evergreen, red berry bush????

No - I've looked up Butcher's Broom and I am certain you are right!Thanks very much Roders!My mum has had Pernettyas and I would have recognised it if it were one of those.I didn't...
    No - I've looked up Butcher's Broom and I am certain you are right!Thanks very much Roders!My mum has had Pernettyas and I would have recognised it if it were one of those.I didn't realize that the measley little doodahs that appear in the centre of the leaf are it's flowers - I've...
    No - I've looked up Butcher's Broom and I am certain you are right!Thanks very much Roders!My mum has had Pernettyas and I would have recognised it if it were one of those.I didn't realize that the measley little doodahs that appear...
    No - I've looked up Butcher's Broom and I am certain you are right!Thanks very much Roders!My mum has had Pernettyas and I would have recognised it if it were one of those.I didn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotkat

African violet leaves yellow

This plant belongs to my friend and she has asked me to repot it for her.The compost is very wet and its only the outer leaves that are yellow.,I think it may have been sitting in a draft...
    This plant belongs to my friend and she has asked me to repot it for her.The compost is very wet and its only the outer leaves that are yellow.,I think it may have been sitting in a draft aslo.Also think othr plant she is needing cut back is a kalanchoe very healthy but tall and spindly new...
    This plant belongs to my friend and she has asked me to repot it for her.The compost is very wet and its only the outer leaves that are yellow.,I think it may have been sitting in a draft aslo.Also think othr plant she is needing cut back is...
    This plant belongs to my friend and she has asked me to repot it for her.The compost is very wet and its only the outer leaves that are yellow.,I think it may have been sitting in a draft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. clueless1

Rabbits destroy everything I plant

David, you're right of course. Rabbits come under the term Fauna. The thing this my project is to try to increase biodiversity, and offer a safe haven for stuff that Britain is slowly losing, in...
    David, you're right of course. Rabbits come under the term Fauna. The thing this my project is to try to increase biodiversity, and offer a safe haven for stuff that Britain is slowly losing, in the hope that I can in some way help to reverse the decline. The trouble with the rabbits is that not...
    David, you're right of course. Rabbits come under the term Fauna. The thing this my project is to try to increase biodiversity, and offer a safe haven for stuff that Britain is slowly losing, in the hope that I can in some way help to reverse the...
    David, you're right of course. Rabbits come under the term Fauna. The thing this my project is to try to increase biodiversity, and offer a safe haven for stuff that Britain is slowly losing, in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. GardenGuru

Cabbage White butterfly

You could try Rhubarb leaves boiled in water. I will be giving this a try myself this year. Heres a link to a thread from another forum. It seems to work...
    You could try Rhubarb leaves boiled in water. I will be giving this a try myself this year. Heres a link to a thread from another forum. It seems to workhttp://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15272
    You could try Rhubarb leaves boiled in water. I will be giving this a try myself this year. Heres a link to a thread from another forum. It seems to workhttp://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15272
    You could try Rhubarb leaves boiled in water. I will be giving this a try myself this year. Heres a link to a thread from another forum. It seems to work...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Martin Holst

disease on walnut

Hi Walnut Gave me quite a shock as well glad you are alright
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. The Lost Antheus

Soil bugs what are they?

They can live outside in summer wouldn't think they would survive the frosts though,something here that will kill them Imidacloprid (Provado Ultimate Bug Killer concentrate)a systemic bug contol.
    They can live outside in summer wouldn't think they would survive the frosts though,something here that will kill them Imidacloprid (Provado Ultimate Bug Killer concentrate)a systemic bug contol.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Loofah

Greenfly on mint...

Hehehe a good protein source eh?Soapy water it is!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. The Lost Antheus

Lithospermium prob?

Thinking I ought to rein in on the s of I I had been applying it to the rhodies and azalias (which seem to be doing fine) but I hadn't really thought about the consequences of overdose. Michele...
    Thinking I ought to rein in on the s of I I had been applying it to the rhodies and azalias (which seem to be doing fine) but I hadn't really thought about the consequences of overdose. Michele says I am too much of a tinkerer
    Thinking I ought to rein in on the s of I I had been applying it to the rhodies and azalias (which seem to be doing fine) but I hadn't really thought about the consequences of overdose. Michele says I am too much of a tinkerer
    Thinking I ought to rein in on the s of I I had been applying it to the rhodies and azalias (which seem to be doing fine) but I hadn't really thought about the consequences of overdose. Michele...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. dairyman

My plant is being attacked on two fronts...What is it?

Or wooley aphids, though I would have thought it was a bit early - again soapy water gets rid of them.
    Or wooley aphids, though I would have thought it was a bit early - again soapy water gets rid of them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. elliegreenwellie

Vine Weevil Grubs

Craig, the thing is, if you hadn`t been watching, they would have been back in you plants. Squash them and they can do no harm, and they most certainly can`t reproduce.
    Craig, the thing is, if you hadn`t been watching, they would have been back in you plants. Squash them and they can do no harm, and they most certainly can`t reproduce.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Helofadigger

Could it be birds?

Probably birds AND cats! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Veggie Patch

Home Made bug spray

Hear are uses for viniegar in the gardenKill weeds and grass growing in unwanted places by pouring full-strength white distilled vinegar on them. This works especially well in crevices and...
    Hear are uses for viniegar in the gardenKill weeds and grass growing in unwanted places by pouring full-strength white distilled vinegar on them. This works especially well in crevices and cracks of walkways and driveways.Give acid-loving plants like azaleas, rhododendrons, hydrangeas and...
    Hear are uses for viniegar in the gardenKill weeds and grass growing in unwanted places by pouring full-strength white distilled vinegar on them. This works especially well in crevices and cracks of walkways and driveways.Give acid-loving...
    Hear are uses for viniegar in the gardenKill weeds and grass growing in unwanted places by pouring full-strength white distilled vinegar on them. This works especially well in crevices and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pr1970

Pest? on Acer Palmatum bloodgood

Daisybelle you will find the bluetits will get rid of most of them they will be feeding young shortly and they are their staple diet.
    Daisybelle you will find the bluetits will get rid of most of them they will be feeding young shortly and they are their staple diet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Smiffy

Problem with Seedling Droop ?

Smiffy, i nearly put my 2 oar in here for the first time ever.When i saw the photos i thought 'that's my sweet peas!'. I had the same problem and got exactly the same advice that has been...
    Smiffy, i nearly put my 2 oar in here for the first time ever.When i saw the photos i thought 'that's my sweet peas!'. I had the same problem and got exactly the same advice that has been given to you.I think we all get a bit eager don't we :D When i get my greenhouse, heated of...
    Smiffy, i nearly put my 2 oar in here for the first time ever.When i saw the photos i thought 'that's my sweet peas!'. I had the same problem and got exactly the same advice that has been given to you.I think we all get a bit eager don't...
    Smiffy, i nearly put my 2 oar in here for the first time ever.When i saw the photos i thought 'that's my sweet peas!'. I had the same problem and got exactly the same advice that has been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Helofadigger

What's eaten my primroses?

Are they yellow? The yellow flowers never survive in my garden, I think it's the blackbirds. They leave the red ones alone!
    Are they yellow? The yellow flowers never survive in my garden, I think it's the blackbirds. They leave the red ones alone!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice