1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. MournePT

My polytunnel for mostly chillies

How's it going this year ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. savo318

rotting cucumber fruit

i have removed all the fruits now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mel Ed'sMum

Poly Tunnel Layout

I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how many ridge bars you might have)Something like these :-It's another of my brain waves..... Idea...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how many ridge bars you might have)Something like...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jennywren

Is my poly plan sound?

First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic...
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic but maybe they'll catch up.
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic but maybe they'll catch up.
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic...
    Start.JPG hens.JPG Tunnel.JPG less work.JPG foam.JPG IMG_3956.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. John Stevenson

Grape Vine in a Polytunnel

At my allotment, someone who has a grapevine in a tunnel offered the advice to plant it outside, but train it into the tunnel, that way you'll get the benefit of rainwater when it rains.
    At my allotment, someone who has a grapevine in a tunnel offered the advice to plant it outside, but train it into the tunnel, that way you'll get the benefit of rainwater when it rains.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. KaySee

Virtical plants in the poly tunnel

Like this, sloping curved canes to suit curved sides. As mentioned above I grow beefsteak toms closest the cover that are terminated lower than the likes of Sungolds closest the central path which...
    Like this, sloping curved canes to suit curved sides. As mentioned above I grow beefsteak toms closest the cover that are terminated lower than the likes of Sungolds closest the central path which will be taken up to (and along in a good year) the apex. It may look a bit 'tight' and the top of...
    Like this, sloping curved canes to suit curved sides. As mentioned above I grow beefsteak toms closest the cover that are terminated lower than the likes of Sungolds closest the central path which will be taken up to (and along in a good year)...
    Like this, sloping curved canes to suit curved sides. As mentioned above I grow beefsteak toms closest the cover that are terminated lower than the likes of Sungolds closest the central path which...
    polytunnel canes.jpg pt curved canes.jpg pt canes 2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. savo318

Heater disaster

Because we were due to have frost the other night, i went out and brought a parasene heater. got home with it, assembled it and filled it as per instructions. Once it got dark i lit it, reduced...
    Because we were due to have frost the other night, i went out and brought a parasene heater. got home with it, assembled it and filled it as per instructions. Once it got dark i lit it, reduced the flame till there was no smoke from it. Went back an hour later to recheck, still no smoke. Next...
    Because we were due to have frost the other night, i went out and brought a parasene heater. got home with it, assembled it and filled it as per instructions. Once it got dark i lit it, reduced the flame till there was no smoke from it. Went back...
    Because we were due to have frost the other night, i went out and brought a parasene heater. got home with it, assembled it and filled it as per instructions. Once it got dark i lit it, reduced...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. savo318

new poly

Rather than make the shelving fixed, i made it so that i can take it out, i also made a caster wheeled board, that way when i want to harder off my plants i can put them all on the board and...
    Rather than make the shelving fixed, i made it so that i can take it out, i also made a caster wheeled board, that way when i want to harder off my plants i can put them all on the board and just wheel it up the garden in one go. :yahoo: this was me trying to save a bit of time at 5 in the morning...
    Rather than make the shelving fixed, i made it so that i can take it out, i also made a caster wheeled board, that way when i want to harder off my plants i can put them all on the board and just wheel it up the garden in one go. :yahoo: this was me...
    Rather than make the shelving fixed, i made it so that i can take it out, i also made a caster wheeled board, that way when i want to harder off my plants i can put them all on the board and...
    20150304_190035.jpg pt edging and strap.jpg pt rails.jpg pt fxg strut top.jpg pt tape.jpg pt door.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Samuel_1988

How to harvest rain water from the polytunnel?

Probably the most effective way would be to dig a trench, submerge the largest size guttering and backfill with gravel. The guttering would need a run down to a well that you dig. It will need a...
    Probably the most effective way would be to dig a trench, submerge the largest size guttering and backfill with gravel. The guttering would need a run down to a well that you dig. It will need a means of pumping it out though.
    Probably the most effective way would be to dig a trench, submerge the largest size guttering and backfill with gravel. The guttering would need a run down to a well that you dig. It will need a means of pumping it out though.
    Probably the most effective way would be to dig a trench, submerge the largest size guttering and backfill with gravel. The guttering would need a run down to a well that you dig. It will need a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kristen

Cover Vegetable Patch with Polytunnel?

OK, must just be Drought Hosepipe Bans where trickle is still permitted (or was last time around ...)
    OK, must just be Drought Hosepipe Bans where trickle is still permitted (or was last time around ...)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. MournePT

Hydroponics in a polytunnel

A grow tent isnt essential, outdoor/greenhouse hydro is more productive and the light is free.
    A grow tent isnt essential, outdoor/greenhouse hydro is more productive and the light is free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Julie D

Feel Good polytunnels?

Prices have dropped by another fiver, now only £114.90 incl P&P
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Acorn

Polytunnel

Premier Tunnels have reduced their prices [1] and their 10 x 20 foot tunnel has been reduced from £433 to £389.70, making it cheaper than a DIY tunnel made from bought materials [1] 10% Off...
    Premier Tunnels have reduced their prices [1] and their 10 x 20 foot tunnel has been reduced from £433 to £389.70, making it cheaper than a DIY tunnel made from bought materials [1] 10% Off until 1st July 2014. 15% off 'dream polytunnels'
    Premier Tunnels have reduced their prices [1] and their 10 x 20 foot tunnel has been reduced from £433 to £389.70, making it cheaper than a DIY tunnel made from bought materials [1] 10% Off until 1st July 2014. 15% off 'dream polytunnels'
    Premier Tunnels have reduced their prices [1] and their 10 x 20 foot tunnel has been reduced from £433 to £389.70, making it cheaper than a DIY tunnel made from bought materials [1] 10% Off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SimonW
    Like x 9

Joined the club

Wow looking good, your benches are superb too.. Very organised :biggrin: from a disorganised person.. :heehee:
    Wow looking good, your benches are superb too.. Very organised :biggrin: from a disorganised person.. :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Samuel_1988

How to stop the fabric of my tunnel from ripping apart?

Is one with a green mesh reinforced plastic covering that has Velcro tapes to secure it to the frame? When I first erected one of those and secured it with all the tapes as per the instructions...
    Is one with a green mesh reinforced plastic covering that has Velcro tapes to secure it to the frame? When I first erected one of those and secured it with all the tapes as per the instructions it started to rip in a couple of places at the ends around the circular part of the hoops, but after...
    Is one with a green mesh reinforced plastic covering that has Velcro tapes to secure it to the frame? When I first erected one of those and secured it with all the tapes as per the instructions it started to rip in a couple of places at the...
    Is one with a green mesh reinforced plastic covering that has Velcro tapes to secure it to the frame? When I first erected one of those and secured it with all the tapes as per the instructions...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Rob Taylor

Feel good Poly tunnel on a slope

I've read (& seen pics) that polytunnels are OK on a slope (lengthways), but obviously the hoops need to be at 90 degrees to the rails/sloping ground or the cover wont fit. If you construct doors...
    I've read (& seen pics) that polytunnels are OK on a slope (lengthways), but obviously the hoops need to be at 90 degrees to the rails/sloping ground or the cover wont fit. If you construct doors they will always swing towards the lowest end (unless you construct sliding doors. You could...
    I've read (& seen pics) that polytunnels are OK on a slope (lengthways), but obviously the hoops need to be at 90 degrees to the rails/sloping ground or the cover wont fit. If you construct doors they will always swing towards the lowest end...
    I've read (& seen pics) that polytunnels are OK on a slope (lengthways), but obviously the hoops need to be at 90 degrees to the rails/sloping ground or the cover wont fit. If you construct doors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Alastair

Re-cover cheap green polytunnel with polythene? Good idea?

Thanks Steve :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Samuel_1988

How to maximise growing space in a polytunnel?

That tunnel with the staging is 4 x 2.5m, no plans I made it up as I went along.
    That tunnel with the staging is 4 x 2.5m, no plans I made it up as I went along.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. SimonW

Polytunnel on grass

Thanks all. I went for the 6x3 blowaway and will place it at the far end of my veg plot.
    Thanks all. I went for the 6x3 blowaway and will place it at the far end of my veg plot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dave W

ID These Grubs ?

same one European cranefly or daddy longlegs , your#s are having a good feed if orrible fat things:snork:
    same one European cranefly or daddy longlegs , your#s are having a good feed if orrible fat things:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice