1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. RDB85

Petrol Scarifier buying advice

Found a Hayter SP36 £295. With £50 delivery. In excellent almost new condition. No damage whatsoever.
    Found a Hayter SP36 £295. With £50 delivery. In excellent almost new condition. No damage whatsoever.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Felco FEL2 Model 2 Original Secateurs

Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage too!! :wub2: Love that boy !
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. flowerpotty

zomax power tools

thanks nick
    thanks nick
    thanks nick
    thanks nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. use to be gardener

your favourite tool/equipment for gardening

Long handled spade - no back ache!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. silu

Your Advice on the below would be appreciated

I had one i secured it to the decking with these.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Tiarella

You can never have too many secateurs or trowels

Afraid it's nothing so interesting..... I do have african violets in the en-suite, so I ought to keep secateurs there, but I don't! I keep them because they're handy for when MIL gets me a nice...
    Afraid it's nothing so interesting..... I do have african violets in the en-suite, so I ought to keep secateurs there, but I don't! I keep them because they're handy for when MIL gets me a nice bunch of flowers! :D
    Afraid it's nothing so interesting..... I do have african violets in the en-suite, so I ought to keep secateurs there, but I don't! I keep them because they're handy for when MIL gets me a nice bunch of flowers! :D
    Afraid it's nothing so interesting..... I do have african violets in the en-suite, so I ought to keep secateurs there, but I don't! I keep them because they're handy for when MIL gets me a nice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. has bean counter

Yeoman Ratchet Secateur

mine too mr twosheds Loopy
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Larkshall

Yeoman Border Fork

You should always check what you're buying before you "fork" out, Larkshall:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fat Controller

X-Hose?

My mum has one, and she is liking how light it is. (She is 80 years old, and thinks my handbag is heavy!!)
    My mum has one, and she is liking how light it is. (She is 80 years old, and thinks my handbag is heavy!!)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. amanita

x hose

I have been reading the reviews on Amazon and they aren't exactly marvellous!! Val
    I have been reading the reviews on Amazon and they aren't exactly marvellous!! Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Davste

Would you be interested in an intelligent irrigation system?

I can also see it being a boon for shift workers (like me) - there are some days where I really struggle to water my plants simply because I am at work all day and into the night, so its not...
    I can also see it being a boon for shift workers (like me) - there are some days where I really struggle to water my plants simply because I am at work all day and into the night, so its not really practical to get the hose out at midnight or one in the morning. Normally, Mrs C would take care...
    I can also see it being a boon for shift workers (like me) - there are some days where I really struggle to water my plants simply because I am at work all day and into the night, so its not really practical to get the hose out at midnight or one...
    I can also see it being a boon for shift workers (like me) - there are some days where I really struggle to water my plants simply because I am at work all day and into the night, so its not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gizmo

worx power washer

Well done :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. alex-adam

Wolf-Terrex Auto Spade

Does your allotmenteer friend have a bad back? If not no point, if so then probably worth it. But probably better would be to ask a Chiropractor for advice - it probably all depends on the type...
    Does your allotmenteer friend have a bad back? If not no point, if so then probably worth it. But probably better would be to ask a Chiropractor for advice - it probably all depends on the type of ailment he has. A Mantis Tiller and/or Raised Beds may be a better proposition.
    Does your allotmenteer friend have a bad back? If not no point, if so then probably worth it. But probably better would be to ask a Chiropractor for advice - it probably all depends on the type of ailment he has. A Mantis Tiller and/or Raised...
    Does your allotmenteer friend have a bad back? If not no point, if so then probably worth it. But probably better would be to ask a Chiropractor for advice - it probably all depends on the type...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mikegreenestfingers

Wolf Terrex Autospade

Hi Mike, and welcome to GC. Have a look at these links: and The Backsaver website has a video showing the spade in use. a-a
    Hi Mike, and welcome to GC. Have a look at these links: and The Backsaver website has a video showing the spade in use. a-a
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Clematis

Wolf Spade

Good idea - M5 here I come - bet it digs faster than the workmen already there!!!!!!!!Nick - found a picture on Ebay - shows me just what I need to know. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow -...
    Good idea - M5 here I come - bet it digs faster than the workmen already there!!!!!!!!Nick - found a picture on Ebay - shows me just what I need to know. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow - can't rely on these men!!! (lol) I'll let you know if I succeed. Many thanks for your help.
    Good idea - M5 here I come - bet it digs faster than the workmen already there!!!!!!!!Nick - found a picture on Ebay - shows me just what I need to know. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow - can't rely on these men!!! (lol) I'll let you know if...
    Good idea - M5 here I come - bet it digs faster than the workmen already there!!!!!!!!Nick - found a picture on Ebay - shows me just what I need to know. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Big-D

Which? hover mower ... ?

Hover mowers don't collect that much grass, so it's best to avoid these if you want good collection performance.Rotary's draw things up like a vacuum, very useful for collecting leaves in the...
    Hover mowers don't collect that much grass, so it's best to avoid these if you want good collection performance.Rotary's draw things up like a vacuum, very useful for collecting leaves in the autumn, however I wouldn't think they will draw up gravel.Cylinders are good if you have a nice...
    Hover mowers don't collect that much grass, so it's best to avoid these if you want good collection performance.Rotary's draw things up like a vacuum, very useful for collecting leaves in the autumn, however I wouldn't think they will draw up...
    Hover mowers don't collect that much grass, so it's best to avoid these if you want good collection performance.Rotary's draw things up like a vacuum, very useful for collecting leaves in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. hoofy

Which tool to take 8 inch off top of privet hedge?

I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform height.They must have wasted £1,000's of NT members subscriptions with their stupid, pedantic...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform height.They must have wasted £1,000's of NT...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Gizmo

which tool

thank you for your help and advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. JJ28

Which to choose?

They work well, still going strong.:fingers crossed:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Hannah's Rose Garden

which secateurs?

Just an update theese,secateurs were great and shapen fine. My mums felcos I prefer tho.
    Just an update theese,secateurs were great and shapen fine. My mums felcos I prefer tho.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Kristen

Which replacement mower?

Im sentimentally atatched to my old massport mower as crap as it is due to it being the last tool i bought with my gramps help (it seamed a better machine lol) ive got the spare mowers down at my...
    Im sentimentally atatched to my old massport mower as crap as it is due to it being the last tool i bought with my gramps help (it seamed a better machine lol) ive got the spare mowers down at my nans at the moment i think ill get rid of the hayterette though i never use it now ive got to have...
    Im sentimentally atatched to my old massport mower as crap as it is due to it being the last tool i bought with my gramps help (it seamed a better machine lol) ive got the spare mowers down at my nans at the moment i think ill get rid of the...
    Im sentimentally atatched to my old massport mower as crap as it is due to it being the last tool i bought with my gramps help (it seamed a better machine lol) ive got the spare mowers down at my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Annemieke

which push mower shall I buy?

It fared terribly. Straight from the word go, I hated it. It was a 'Handy' and very cheap, about £35. Pushing it was harder work than our old one, and it did nothing. I have just put it on...
    It fared terribly. Straight from the word go, I hated it. It was a 'Handy' and very cheap, about £35. Pushing it was harder work than our old one, and it did nothing. I have just put it on Freecycle, after arrival and testing of the replacement: a Husqvarna 72-64 Hi-Cut for £90 all in....
    It fared terribly. Straight from the word go, I hated it. It was a 'Handy' and very cheap, about £35. Pushing it was harder work than our old one, and it did nothing. I have just put it on Freecycle, after arrival and testing of the replacement:...
    It fared terribly. Straight from the word go, I hated it. It was a 'Handy' and very cheap, about £35. Pushing it was harder work than our old one, and it did nothing. I have just put it on...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice