Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. RDB85

Sprinkler recommendations for a rectangle lawn

I've had an expensive hozelock one, and a 2 quid spinning one from Wilko. The cheapo was better and lasted years. I've lost it. So I went to Wilko again. This time I spent 8 quid on their...
    I've had an expensive hozelock one, and a 2 quid spinning one from Wilko. The cheapo was better and lasted years. I've lost it. So I went to Wilko again. This time I spent 8 quid on their oscillating one. It's early days but it performs well so far.
    I've had an expensive hozelock one, and a 2 quid spinning one from Wilko. The cheapo was better and lasted years. I've lost it. So I went to Wilko again. This time I spent 8 quid on their oscillating one. It's early days but it performs well so far.
    I've had an expensive hozelock one, and a 2 quid spinning one from Wilko. The cheapo was better and lasted years. I've lost it. So I went to Wilko again. This time I spent 8 quid on their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jocko

Can anyone identify this Hozelock fitting?

Thank you. That is precisely what it is. For an old-style kitchen tap. The fact I have an outdoor tap I never even considered that.
    Thank you. That is precisely what it is. For an old-style kitchen tap. The fact I have an outdoor tap I never even considered that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mark Wingfield

Gardena irrigation system plus hosepipe

The two-way adaptor is the way to go. Just like a multi-way extension block for electricity. You can put a hose fitting that requires something connected to it before it passes water on the second...
    The two-way adaptor is the way to go. Just like a multi-way extension block for electricity. You can put a hose fitting that requires something connected to it before it passes water on the second spur Or even use it to feed a second tap.
    The two-way adaptor is the way to go. Just like a multi-way extension block for electricity. You can put a hose fitting that requires something connected to it before it passes water on the second spur Or even use it to feed a second tap.
    The two-way adaptor is the way to go. Just like a multi-way extension block for electricity. You can put a hose fitting that requires something connected to it before it passes water on the second...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. *dim*

'Overwintering' petrol lawnmowers

Good call, I have had issues with E10 in my classic car - it is hydroscopic and left overwinter in a mower will most likely destroy rubber seals etc within the fuel system.
    Good call, I have had issues with E10 in my classic car - it is hydroscopic and left overwinter in a mower will most likely destroy rubber seals etc within the fuel system.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. mazambo

Moisture meter

That's really neat.
    That's really neat.
    That's really neat.
    That's really neat.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. daisybelle

Hose nozzle/spray gun recommendations?

The Gardena arrived today, have to say the quality is better than the old Hozelock one.
    The Gardena arrived today, have to say the quality is better than the old Hozelock one.
    IMG_20220511_153951238~2.jpg IMG_20220511_153923000~3.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. RDB85

Petrol Strimmer advice please

Thanks, yes you can purchase this, my local one is quite far but if memory serves me well Briggs do a stabiliser and I think Stihl oils have a stabiliser added too.
    Thanks, yes you can purchase this, my local one is quite far but if memory serves me well Briggs do a stabiliser and I think Stihl oils have a stabiliser added too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. chilswell

What power Scythe?

I feel a song coming on. "One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow, one man and his dog etc. etc.:biggrin:Just ignore me.:rolleyespink:
    I feel a song coming on. "One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow, one man and his dog etc. etc.:biggrin:Just ignore me.:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Witterings

Makita Split Shaft or Individual Tools and Telescopic or Standard

I'm looking at going cordless for Hedge Trimmer and Strimmer and already have Makita batteries / charger.I'm comparing the Split Shaft tool or individual units and trying to find out which is...
    I'm looking at going cordless for Hedge Trimmer and Strimmer and already have Makita batteries / charger.I'm comparing the Split Shaft tool or individual units and trying to find out which is best. I've not handled the Split Shaft which looks like a "bulkier" set up and maybe more tiring to...
    I'm looking at going cordless for Hedge Trimmer and Strimmer and already have Makita batteries / charger.I'm comparing the Split Shaft tool or individual units and trying to find out which is best. I've not handled the Split Shaft which looks...
    I'm looking at going cordless for Hedge Trimmer and Strimmer and already have Makita batteries / charger.I'm comparing the Split Shaft tool or individual units and trying to find out which is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. thriftybri

dimentions wanted

anybody got a battery gtech st20 strimmer i want to know the measurement of the bolt that holds the spool on to the bottom of the machine i know there are only 3 quid plus postage but im sure i...
    anybody got a battery gtech st20 strimmer i want to know the measurement of the bolt that holds the spool on to the bottom of the machine i know there are only 3 quid plus postage but im sure i can get one cheaper bolt is pictured below
    anybody got a battery gtech st20 strimmer i want to know the measurement of the bolt that holds the spool on to the bottom of the machine i know there are only 3 quid plus postage but im sure i can get one cheaper bolt is pictured below
    anybody got a battery gtech st20 strimmer i want to know the measurement of the bolt that holds the spool on to the bottom of the machine i know there are only 3 quid plus postage but im sure i...
    spares_photography-2820.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PJA190

Beginner - What tools do I need?

I agree , great tools , not the cheapest , but built like tanks and will last for ever. German engineering !!
    I agree , great tools , not the cheapest , but built like tanks and will last for ever. German engineering !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Peas

Eco friendly module trays

Thanks - great and informative post. Going to try this - as I cannot find quality plastics to use multi-year.
    Thanks - great and informative post. Going to try this - as I cannot find quality plastics to use multi-year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lowrider69

Garden fence creosote advice

My neigbour used one of those cuprinol manual sprayers for his fence. He also sprayed the side of my conservatory. Please be careful when spraying the top of the fence as the creosote can travel...
    My neigbour used one of those cuprinol manual sprayers for his fence. He also sprayed the side of my conservatory. Please be careful when spraying the top of the fence as the creosote can travel quite a distance :dbgrtmb:.
    My neigbour used one of those cuprinol manual sprayers for his fence. He also sprayed the side of my conservatory. Please be careful when spraying the top of the fence as the creosote can travel quite a distance :dbgrtmb:.
    My neigbour used one of those cuprinol manual sprayers for his fence. He also sprayed the side of my conservatory. Please be careful when spraying the top of the fence as the creosote can travel...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fat Controller

Lawnmowers

Interchangeable batteries are a great idea. The chargers and batteries I have:- Spear and Jackson Bosch DeWalt Black and Decker Its all a bit of a tangle on my workbench, and you must make sure...
    Interchangeable batteries are a great idea. The chargers and batteries I have:- Spear and Jackson Bosch DeWalt Black and Decker Its all a bit of a tangle on my workbench, and you must make sure you have plugged the right on in.
    Interchangeable batteries are a great idea. The chargers and batteries I have:- Spear and Jackson Bosch DeWalt Black and Decker Its all a bit of a tangle on my workbench, and you must make sure you have plugged the right on in.
    Interchangeable batteries are a great idea. The chargers and batteries I have:- Spear and Jackson Bosch DeWalt Black and Decker Its all a bit of a tangle on my workbench, and you must make sure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Daisies

question regarding metal sheds

Sorry, can't really help you as it was 15 years ago and I can't remember. It certainly wouldn't have been online. So probably one of the DIY stores.
    Sorry, can't really help you as it was 15 years ago and I can't remember. It certainly wouldn't have been online. So probably one of the DIY stores.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Old Kent Biker

Upgrading a strimmer head

As pete says a sharp tap, prior to that use penetrating spray like WD40.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. 2nd_bassoon

Power washer with low pressure

Update:- The washer works really well but I still have to hold it to make it work. :dunno:
    Update:- The washer works really well but I still have to hold it to make it work. :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lolimac
    Like x 8

What is your favorite/most useful garden tool ?

Just ordered these two, hopefully will be even better than their JB counterparts. :)Border Fork - RHS EndorsedRound Tined Fork - RHS EndorsedNick
    Just ordered these two, hopefully will be even better than their JB counterparts. :)Border Fork - RHS EndorsedRound Tined Fork - RHS EndorsedNick
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. capney

Axe sharpening

I start by folding a rag to the right thickness and placing it over the axe head´s blunt end, resting the tip of a file on the rag and sliding the file handle in an arc, filing along the edge of...
    I start by folding a rag to the right thickness and placing it over the axe head´s blunt end, resting the tip of a file on the rag and sliding the file handle in an arc, filing along the edge of the blade. On my carving axes, I progressively move the rag up and forwards, to create a curved edge,...
    I start by folding a rag to the right thickness and placing it over the axe head´s blunt end, resting the tip of a file on the rag and sliding the file handle in an arc, filing along the edge of the blade. On my carving axes, I progressively move...
    I start by folding a rag to the right thickness and placing it over the axe head´s blunt end, resting the tip of a file on the rag and sliding the file handle in an arc, filing along the edge of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Darren2993

Sharpening Secateurs

As a blacksmith and wood turner I´ve always used a sharpening stone, but since I started carving olive wood I have had to up my game. I have several blades, curved and straight and two hand axes...
    As a blacksmith and wood turner I´ve always used a sharpening stone, but since I started carving olive wood I have had to up my game. I have several blades, curved and straight and two hand axes to keep sharp enough to shave with. I use emery paper on a flat or round wooden stick, depending on...
    As a blacksmith and wood turner I´ve always used a sharpening stone, but since I started carving olive wood I have had to up my game. I have several blades, curved and straight and two hand axes to keep sharp enough to shave with. I use emery...
    As a blacksmith and wood turner I´ve always used a sharpening stone, but since I started carving olive wood I have had to up my game. I have several blades, curved and straight and two hand axes...
    IMG_0493.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice