1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Andrew Robb

Tree help please

I think I will have to get rid of it and start a new one. Thank you for all the replies
    I think I will have to get rid of it and start a new one. Thank you for all the replies
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rob Stevens

Elder tree wilt/rust

Thank you! This is a relief! Really appreciate your guidance!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sleekit

Eucalyptus Tree Help Please !

If it's the lower branches i wouldn't worry, just cut them off flush with the stem. It looks pretty healthy otherwise.
    If it's the lower branches i wouldn't worry, just cut them off flush with the stem. It looks pretty healthy otherwise.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kitte

A future for my snake bark tree ?

it’s definitely dead! Haven’t the heart to pull it up, so now it has a couple of pattern lights hanging off it, looks pretty at night! It’s also had bits of bird food on it this winter, so I don’t...
    it’s definitely dead! Haven’t the heart to pull it up, so now it has a couple of pattern lights hanging off it, looks pretty at night! It’s also had bits of bird food on it this winter, so I don’t mind so much now !
    it’s definitely dead! Haven’t the heart to pull it up, so now it has a couple of pattern lights hanging off it, looks pretty at night! It’s also had bits of bird food on it this winter, so I don’t mind so much now !
    it’s definitely dead! Haven’t the heart to pull it up, so now it has a couple of pattern lights hanging off it, looks pretty at night! It’s also had bits of bird food on it this winter, so I don’t...
    DDCC63F2-9BF5-4A7C-B3A8-C27F3C6E42C7.jpeg IMG_2586.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Wildcat

Somthing eating the leaves.

Over the past weekend, i have seen small holes appearing in the leaves of my Apple tree and Pear tree, i cannot see any evidence of small insects. Is there anything i should be doing or looking...
    Over the past weekend, i have seen small holes appearing in the leaves of my Apple tree and Pear tree, i cannot see any evidence of small insects. Is there anything i should be doing or looking out for ? Thanks.
    Over the past weekend, i have seen small holes appearing in the leaves of my Apple tree and Pear tree, i cannot see any evidence of small insects. Is there anything i should be doing or looking out for ? Thanks.
    Over the past weekend, i have seen small holes appearing in the leaves of my Apple tree and Pear tree, i cannot see any evidence of small insects. Is there anything i should be doing or looking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jocko

A wonky apple tree.

Looks perfectly normal to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lpeek

help identify a tree I thought was dead

I think you might be right @HarmonyArb! Quick google image search and the trunk does look quite similar visually too. So I think I'll let it do it's thing this season, maybe next too. and if it...
    I think you might be right @HarmonyArb! Quick google image search and the trunk does look quite similar visually too. So I think I'll let it do it's thing this season, maybe next too. and if it doesn't do anything visually appealing, might be time to cut it down.Thanks!
    I think you might be right @HarmonyArb! Quick google image search and the trunk does look quite similar visually too. So I think I'll let it do it's thing this season, maybe next too. and if it doesn't do anything visually appealing, might be...
    I think you might be right @HarmonyArb! Quick google image search and the trunk does look quite similar visually too. So I think I'll let it do it's thing this season, maybe next too. and if it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Esoxlucius

Cherry blossom dead!

If it's dead dead then it won't regrow from the stump if you cut it down. The root system will simply rot away in the soil over time. You could remove the roots if you plan to plant in exactly the...
    If it's dead dead then it won't regrow from the stump if you cut it down. The root system will simply rot away in the soil over time. You could remove the roots if you plan to plant in exactly the same space, as this will help remove any possible pathogens in the soil that could affect a new tree.
    If it's dead dead then it won't regrow from the stump if you cut it down. The root system will simply rot away in the soil over time. You could remove the roots if you plan to plant in exactly the same space, as this will help remove any possible...
    If it's dead dead then it won't regrow from the stump if you cut it down. The root system will simply rot away in the soil over time. You could remove the roots if you plan to plant in exactly the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. kechong

Will this Ceanothus tree cause problems later on ?

I'd suggest that it's not going to cause structural problems to the house as modern builds have a far more substantial foundation than previous houses. Biggest problem for you is the tree blocking...
    I'd suggest that it's not going to cause structural problems to the house as modern builds have a far more substantial foundation than previous houses. Biggest problem for you is the tree blocking the light coming into your and your neighbour's windows!
    I'd suggest that it's not going to cause structural problems to the house as modern builds have a far more substantial foundation than previous houses. Biggest problem for you is the tree blocking the light coming into your and your neighbour's...
    I'd suggest that it's not going to cause structural problems to the house as modern builds have a far more substantial foundation than previous houses. Biggest problem for you is the tree blocking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. geoff956

Conference pear tree problem

Thank you for your reply which is obviously of concern, and having removed the affected parts I shall watch for any reoccurrence.
    Thank you for your reply which is obviously of concern, and having removed the affected parts I shall watch for any reoccurrence.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Andrew C

Prunus Padus (bird cherry) -- no leaves :-(

Sounds like another victim of the bad winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Drozich

Is my Bottlebrush dead?

It looks like it, even if it was still alive it would be a long time getting back to something worthwhile.
    It looks like it, even if it was still alive it would be a long time getting back to something worthwhile.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Drozich

Magnolia leaves turning brown/black

Thank you Pete. It dawned on me that we have had late frost this year and didn’t last year by the time the leaves came.Much appreciated!!
    Thank you Pete. It dawned on me that we have had late frost this year and didn’t last year by the time the leaves came.Much appreciated!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jadeplants

Help with second Cherry tree sprout in same pot

I'd do it now.
    I'd do it now.
    I'd do it now.
    I'd do it now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kevin Cowans

Problems with Dwarf Weeping Cherry

Hello allI hope you are well.I am still waiting for a Date for the removal of the Tree, but in the meantime.....Once the Tree is removed what would be the best, cheapest and easiest way to...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am still waiting for a Date for the removal of the Tree, but in the meantime.....Once the Tree is removed what would be the best, cheapest and easiest way to add Nutrients back into the Lawn which the Tree has depleted?Thanks in advanceKevin
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am still waiting for a Date for the removal of the Tree, but in the meantime.....Once the Tree is removed what would be the best, cheapest and easiest way to add Nutrients back into the Lawn which the Tree has...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am still waiting for a Date for the removal of the Tree, but in the meantime.....Once the Tree is removed what would be the best, cheapest and easiest way to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mint

Apple tree oozing sap/gum

Could be cherry, but doesn't look like apple. Most of Prunus family can get this gum oozing from cracks in the bark.If it's just the one branch I'd be inclined to prune it back to the main stem.
    Could be cherry, but doesn't look like apple. Most of Prunus family can get this gum oozing from cracks in the bark.If it's just the one branch I'd be inclined to prune it back to the main stem.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Drozich

Magnolia Advice

Thanks for your advice everyone, it’s put my mind at rest. I’ll try using a fertiliser as advised and see how it goes.
    Thanks for your advice everyone, it’s put my mind at rest. I’ll try using a fertiliser as advised and see how it goes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Drozich

Pruning a young Victoria Plum

Good afternoon @Drozich my friend not sure if these links to old threads will help you or notVictoria Plum tree pruning.Victoria Plum tree pruning.
    Good afternoon @Drozich my friend not sure if these links to old threads will help you or notVictoria Plum tree pruning.Victoria Plum tree pruning.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. xf8u39

Oak trees

I found Sessile Oaks less easy to grow from seed, do you know which one you have?
    I found Sessile Oaks less easy to grow from seed, do you know which one you have?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Loofah

Mountain ash issue

The life lottery!
    The life lottery!
    The life lottery!
    The life lottery!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice