1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mowgley

Mountain Ash or Rowan

Brought a bare root one from morrisons for £1.99 WIll give a try nothing to lose!
    Brought a bare root one from morrisons for £1.99 WIll give a try nothing to lose!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. postman pat

Is this tree dead?

Are the dead leaves still attached, if so its usually a sign that the wood is dead. It could still possibly sprout from low down near the root.
    Are the dead leaves still attached, if so its usually a sign that the wood is dead. It could still possibly sprout from low down near the root.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Loofah

Lemon tree

Well this is fantastic news! Something for the G&T's... Off to the shops for a lemon tree:) I'll get a fair sized pot and hope for the best! Thanks all
    Well this is fantastic news! Something for the G&T's... Off to the shops for a lemon tree:) I'll get a fair sized pot and hope for the best! Thanks all
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jellybuttonspog

conifer trees

Thanks for the advice. To be honest think I knackered them last year cos they went brown and havent recovered. Not sure what to do , cant afford to get anyone in. Great before and after...
    Thanks for the advice. To be honest think I knackered them last year cos they went brown and havent recovered. Not sure what to do , cant afford to get anyone in. Great before and after picsMaybe I should take a pic of my after and the before of the rest that needs doing.
    Thanks for the advice. To be honest think I knackered them last year cos they went brown and havent recovered. Not sure what to do , cant afford to get anyone in. Great before and after picsMaybe I should take a pic of my after and the before...
    Thanks for the advice. To be honest think I knackered them last year cos they went brown and havent recovered. Not sure what to do , cant afford to get anyone in. Great before and after...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. kevmiller

Tree fern and banana plant advice and opinions please

Should be sprouting any time now Kev. I don't know if you will make this one out but it has just started this morning. Then it will grow like the clappers.
    Should be sprouting any time now Kev. I don't know if you will make this one out but it has just started this morning. Then it will grow like the clappers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kathy535

Boo-hoo, neighbour cutting down trees

KAT perhaps some curtians could sort your probs out :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. chabal

Bay Tree disaster

Hi chabal,Keep it watered and protected and it should, eventually, come round. If it's still in the same pot that you bought it in you may want to try feeding it. Take care not to overwater it...
    Hi chabal,Keep it watered and protected and it should, eventually, come round. If it's still in the same pot that you bought it in you may want to try feeding it. Take care not to overwater it as too much water will force the air out of the soil and drown the tree. Pruning the dead leaves may...
    Hi chabal,Keep it watered and protected and it should, eventually, come round. If it's still in the same pot that you bought it in you may want to try feeding it. Take care not to overwater it as too much water will force the air out of the...
    Hi chabal,Keep it watered and protected and it should, eventually, come round. If it's still in the same pot that you bought it in you may want to try feeding it. Take care not to overwater it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. vegmandan

Which Trees to plant ?

Hi vegmandan,Silver birches are fine and quite tolerant of high wind due to their flexible nature. I'd shy away from using willows, alders and poplar as they're brittle and have a potentially...
    Hi vegmandan,Silver birches are fine and quite tolerant of high wind due to their flexible nature. I'd shy away from using willows, alders and poplar as they're brittle and have a potentially high risk of failure due to wind damage.Do you know what causes the wet conditions in your garden?...
    Hi vegmandan,Silver birches are fine and quite tolerant of high wind due to their flexible nature. I'd shy away from using willows, alders and poplar as they're brittle and have a potentially high risk of failure due to wind damage.Do you...
    Hi vegmandan,Silver birches are fine and quite tolerant of high wind due to their flexible nature. I'd shy away from using willows, alders and poplar as they're brittle and have a potentially...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. vegmandan

Spaghetti Tree any tips ?

The Spaghetti Tree was on Panorama in 1957. Doesn`t time fly. And the Beeb is still trying to fool us with food related items.
    The Spaghetti Tree was on Panorama in 1957. Doesn`t time fly. And the Beeb is still trying to fool us with food related items.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. persephony

Bonzai trees

Ah well - looks like Kindling is living up to its name then. Mr J gave the tree that name as a threat... ;)
    Ah well - looks like Kindling is living up to its name then. Mr J gave the tree that name as a threat... ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Rosiemongrel

Training a clematis up a tree

Oh, good! Thanks for the reassurance. I haven't got any kids who could appreciate my gardening efforts in future years - and the dog'll probably not outlive me! Must try to be less impatient.
    Oh, good! Thanks for the reassurance. I haven't got any kids who could appreciate my gardening efforts in future years - and the dog'll probably not outlive me! Must try to be less impatient.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pistolpete

Repotting: Dragon tree

Thanks guys,returned home from work and all seems well no more yellow leaves, thanks again
    Thanks guys,returned home from work and all seems well no more yellow leaves, thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pistolpete

Orange tree / bush

Thanks guysRosa you balcony looks great! thats just the type of look I'd like, quite a way to go yet mind!my flat overlooks the back of tesco so I'm keen to get a good coverage so its a bit...
    Thanks guysRosa you balcony looks great! thats just the type of look I'd like, quite a way to go yet mind!my flat overlooks the back of tesco so I'm keen to get a good coverage so its a bit nicer when looking out the windowThis is the only pic of the ivy I have at the moment, I took it...
    Thanks guysRosa you balcony looks great! thats just the type of look I'd like, quite a way to go yet mind!my flat overlooks the back of tesco so I'm keen to get a good coverage so its a bit nicer when looking out the windowThis is the only...
    Thanks guysRosa you balcony looks great! thats just the type of look I'd like, quite a way to go yet mind!my flat overlooks the back of tesco so I'm keen to get a good coverage so its a bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ljasmine

Tree of life

Pete, yes they are both made of Kauri pine. Apparently the cogs had been in use for many years in a saw mill.
    Pete, yes they are both made of Kauri pine. Apparently the cogs had been in use for many years in a saw mill.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Man Of Leisure MOL

Ivy cutting off trees. Do it or not ?

Hi freddy, Ivy prefers to grow on trees that have open crowns as there is more light. so it tends to grow better on trees that are dying or are dead.
    Hi freddy, Ivy prefers to grow on trees that have open crowns as there is more light. so it tends to grow better on trees that are dying or are dead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Aster

Lopping/Pruning trees

If pruning say roses or general shrubs then I cut cleanly at an angle (45%)For trees a straight or very slightly angled cut but not totally flush with the trunk.For hedge topping a flat...
    If pruning say roses or general shrubs then I cut cleanly at an angle (45%)For trees a straight or very slightly angled cut but not totally flush with the trunk.For hedge topping a flat straight cut.I dont follow any particular rules but use judgment to make asethetic and healthy...
    If pruning say roses or general shrubs then I cut cleanly at an angle (45%)For trees a straight or very slightly angled cut but not totally flush with the trunk.For hedge topping a flat straight cut.I dont follow any particular rules but...
    If pruning say roses or general shrubs then I cut cleanly at an angle (45%)For trees a straight or very slightly angled cut but not totally flush with the trunk.For hedge topping a flat...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Aster

Tree pruning

Ok, Im being puzzled for some time now...Does anyone know of a new concept in pruning/lopping trees these days? I was taught to always prune tree branches at an agngle to allow water runoff. Over...
    Ok, Im being puzzled for some time now...Does anyone know of a new concept in pruning/lopping trees these days? I was taught to always prune tree branches at an agngle to allow water runoff. Over the past years I notice more and more that both domestic and public trees large and small are being...
    Ok, Im being puzzled for some time now...Does anyone know of a new concept in pruning/lopping trees these days? I was taught to always prune tree branches at an agngle to allow water runoff. Over the past years I notice more and more that both...
    Ok, Im being puzzled for some time now...Does anyone know of a new concept in pruning/lopping trees these days? I was taught to always prune tree branches at an agngle to allow water runoff. Over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gogs

Tree Lupin

Your more than welcome.
    Your more than welcome.
    Your more than welcome.
    Your more than welcome.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. dalbuie

Growing Lime Trees

Following from the above, we sadly only had one lime that survived but it was lovely. The tree is now covered in buds, as is the Meyer Lemon.I have found an ancient lime tree, growing next to...
    Following from the above, we sadly only had one lime that survived but it was lovely. The tree is now covered in buds, as is the Meyer Lemon.I have found an ancient lime tree, growing next to the Tassle Tree of Madagascar at the beach. The fruit is not really quite large enough to pick but I...
    Following from the above, we sadly only had one lime that survived but it was lovely. The tree is now covered in buds, as is the Meyer Lemon.I have found an ancient lime tree, growing next to the Tassle Tree of Madagascar at the beach. The...
    Following from the above, we sadly only had one lime that survived but it was lovely. The tree is now covered in buds, as is the Meyer Lemon.I have found an ancient lime tree, growing next to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. daz and debs

Hawthorn help please

Thanks guys for the good advice.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice