Peter it reminds me of a small mammal sitting there but with a birds beak
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. PeterS
    Like x 8

Costa Rica - plants and flowers

Peter i think so myself mate as they're showing this end...just gets the mind boggling :scratch:
    Peter i think so myself mate as they're showing this end...just gets the mind boggling :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. BassFisher

Olive Tree Problem

Pete There are a few small shoots, but so pleased that this is normal, thank you
    Pete There are a few small shoots, but so pleased that this is normal, thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. longk
    Like x 5

Furcraea

After the first winter I only move mine when it gets arctic, the rest of the time they're outdoors
    After the first winter I only move mine when it gets arctic, the rest of the time they're outdoors
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PeterS
    Like x 6

Costa Rica - flower arrangements

Hi @PeterS :thankyou: for sharing these stunning arrangments :wub2:...there's nothing like that over here :gaah:
    Hi @PeterS :thankyou: for sharing these stunning arrangments :wub2:...there's nothing like that over here :gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. PeterS
    Like x 12

Costa Rica - Heliconias

Excellent John - I look forward to hearing how they do. I believe that, for us - without the right climate, it's quite difficult to get rhizomes back into growth. I certainly killed an H. bihai...
    Excellent John - I look forward to hearing how they do. I believe that, for us - without the right climate, it's quite difficult to get rhizomes back into growth. I certainly killed an H. bihai rhizome that I got from Thailand.Himalayan Gardens was not expensive, but other sources on the...
    Excellent John - I look forward to hearing how they do. I believe that, for us - without the right climate, it's quite difficult to get rhizomes back into growth. I certainly killed an H. bihai rhizome that I got from Thailand.Himalayan Gardens...
    Excellent John - I look forward to hearing how they do. I believe that, for us - without the right climate, it's quite difficult to get rhizomes back into growth. I certainly killed an H. bihai...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. xf8u39

Palm id and advice requied

Did some hacking back of the Chamaerops today, it was really overgrown and becoming infested with Ivy. Anyway, gave me a chance to have a close look, nothing suspicious was found, also revealed...
    Did some hacking back of the Chamaerops today, it was really overgrown and becoming infested with Ivy. Anyway, gave me a chance to have a close look, nothing suspicious was found, also revealed the trunk of the Waggie, not much chance of checking out the top, but the bottom of the trunk appears...
    Did some hacking back of the Chamaerops today, it was really overgrown and becoming infested with Ivy. Anyway, gave me a chance to have a close look, nothing suspicious was found, also revealed the trunk of the Waggie, not much chance of...
    Did some hacking back of the Chamaerops today, it was really overgrown and becoming infested with Ivy. Anyway, gave me a chance to have a close look, nothing suspicious was found, also revealed...
    IMG_20180325_164323.jpg IMG_20180325_164343.jpg IMG_20180325_164357.jpg DSC_0199.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. GCHQ

WHAT'S LOOKING EXOTIC IN 2017, a

Old thread here :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII

WHAT'S LOOKING EXOTIC IN 2017

Yes, I tend to fall over in the dark! :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PeterS
    Like x 12

Gardens of the Amalfi Coast

The one way system comes in during high season for all traffic and mid-season for buses/coaches. In the winter it's, anything goes.Last time we were there we stayed in Amalfi for Christmas. It...
    The one way system comes in during high season for all traffic and mid-season for buses/coaches. In the winter it's, anything goes.Last time we were there we stayed in Amalfi for Christmas. It was a wonderful time with all their traditional Christmas celebrations.This time we weren't there...
    The one way system comes in during high season for all traffic and mid-season for buses/coaches. In the winter it's, anything goes.Last time we were there we stayed in Amalfi for Christmas. It was a wonderful time with all their traditional...
    The one way system comes in during high season for all traffic and mid-season for buses/coaches. In the winter it's, anything goes.Last time we were there we stayed in Amalfi for Christmas. It...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PeterS
    Like x 9

Whisley glasshouse

Wow you were lucky to get a personal tour especially by someone that knows the place.
    Wow you were lucky to get a personal tour especially by someone that knows the place.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

CANNA - 2017

Always worth experimenting though pete. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. kr236rk

Begonia advice please :)

No thanks Pete, I am just so pleased to see the same plant come back again. I really thought that plant had withered away to nothing indoors, died. My eyes popped out when I recognised its leaves...
    No thanks Pete, I am just so pleased to see the same plant come back again. I really thought that plant had withered away to nothing indoors, died. My eyes popped out when I recognised its leaves coming up seven months after I emptied the pot out behind the greenhouse, it just seemed like a...
    No thanks Pete, I am just so pleased to see the same plant come back again. I really thought that plant had withered away to nothing indoors, died. My eyes popped out when I recognised its leaves coming up seven months after I emptied the pot out...
    No thanks Pete, I am just so pleased to see the same plant come back again. I really thought that plant had withered away to nothing indoors, died. My eyes popped out when I recognised its leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. PeterS
    Like x 8

Why not grow something new

Of course - I do very well in breeding them!:) Or I keep everything so damp to keep them away, that I get wonderful botrytis on everything. Never tried bauhinia though.
    Of course - I do very well in breeding them!:) Or I keep everything so damp to keep them away, that I get wonderful botrytis on everything. Never tried bauhinia though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. brummy gardener

Help needed please

As you state , Sideroxylon mascatense is endemic to the countries and areas you list ; 'tropical' doesn't really fit the bill ; I would have thought a cold period of dormancy , followed by a rapid...
    As you state , Sideroxylon mascatense is endemic to the countries and areas you list ; 'tropical' doesn't really fit the bill ; I would have thought a cold period of dormancy , followed by a rapid rise in temperature in 'Spring' would be more equable to a rugged mountain dwelling species . In...
    As you state , Sideroxylon mascatense is endemic to the countries and areas you list ; 'tropical' doesn't really fit the bill ; I would have thought a cold period of dormancy , followed by a rapid rise in temperature in 'Spring' would be more...
    As you state , Sideroxylon mascatense is endemic to the countries and areas you list ; 'tropical' doesn't really fit the bill ; I would have thought a cold period of dormancy , followed by a rapid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. PeterS

Identification please

The bad news is that the small plants, that my friends lovingly brought back from Minorca, appear to be mainly grass! However, the good news is that the balls have matured and broken open to...
    The bad news is that the small plants, that my friends lovingly brought back from Minorca, appear to be mainly grass! However, the good news is that the balls have matured and broken open to show some healthy seeds. So if anyone wants any - just let me know.
    The bad news is that the small plants, that my friends lovingly brought back from Minorca, appear to be mainly grass! However, the good news is that the balls have matured and broken open to show some healthy seeds. So if anyone wants any -...
    The bad news is that the small plants, that my friends lovingly brought back from Minorca, appear to be mainly grass! However, the good news is that the balls have matured and broken open to...
    IMG_1824.jpg 2017_07130005.JPG Asclepias curassavica.jpg 2017_07260002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Richard360
    Like x 3

Entada gigas Sea pea

Well a taller one anyway :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Conbrue

King Sago Palms

Not just me then. Thanks guys
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PeterS
    Like x 13

The Jungle Garden - Nick Wilson - Leeds

I would like to remind you that The Jungle Garden in Leeds is open under the National Gardens Scheme on Sunday 30 July 11 am to 5 pm. Full details here The Jungle Garden, Leeds, Yorkshire, LS8...
    I would like to remind you that The Jungle Garden in Leeds is open under the National Gardens Scheme on Sunday 30 July 11 am to 5 pm. Full details here The Jungle Garden, Leeds, Yorkshire, LS8 1NXIt's well worth a visit.
    I would like to remind you that The Jungle Garden in Leeds is open under the National Gardens Scheme on Sunday 30 July 11 am to 5 pm. Full details here The Jungle Garden, Leeds, Yorkshire, LS8 1NXIt's well worth a visit.
    I would like to remind you that The Jungle Garden in Leeds is open under the National Gardens Scheme on Sunday 30 July 11 am to 5 pm. Full details here The Jungle Garden, Leeds, Yorkshire, LS8...
    article-2345727-1A6F6F2C000005DC-614_634x421.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PeterS
    Like x 5

Humidifier

Or to open a window - but they imply that someone must be there to do it. I got all my bits today for the extractor fan - just need the glass now. The extractor is in shining white which is out of...
    Or to open a window - but they imply that someone must be there to do it. I got all my bits today for the extractor fan - just need the glass now. The extractor is in shining white which is out of keeping with my sun room where everything is in brown mock wood. I spent an age looking for a brown...
    Or to open a window - but they imply that someone must be there to do it. I got all my bits today for the extractor fan - just need the glass now. The extractor is in shining white which is out of keeping with my sun room where everything is in...
    Or to open a window - but they imply that someone must be there to do it. I got all my bits today for the extractor fan - just need the glass now. The extractor is in shining white which is out of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice