Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Bilbo675
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. longk

Grevillea juniperina

Thats my guess regarding your plant as I'm thinking they are similar.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Cubanola domingensis

The seeds are on Ebay, posted from America. I assume we're allowed to import seeds from the US, I think they are banned from us to them, however.I think this plant will need to be kept indoors...
    The seeds are on Ebay, posted from America. I assume we're allowed to import seeds from the US, I think they are banned from us to them, however.I think this plant will need to be kept indoors in the winter - although if it grows in the mountains of the Dom Rep it will tolerate a climate...
    The seeds are on Ebay, posted from America. I assume we're allowed to import seeds from the US, I think they are banned from us to them, however.I think this plant will need to be kept indoors in the winter - although if it grows in the...
    The seeds are on Ebay, posted from America. I assume we're allowed to import seeds from the US, I think they are banned from us to them, however.I think this plant will need to be kept indoors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73

Giant Orchid (Grammatophyllum speciosum)

LOL you're gonna need a whole room for THAT puppy!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HarryS
    Like x 6

Totally Tropical February !

Thanks Julie, glad you liked the photos!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. kernowdreamer

any one got a hoya

beautiful
    beautiful
    beautiful
    beautiful
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sal73
    Like x 8

Thai orchids

Fantastic sal!
    Fantastic sal!
    Fantastic sal!
    Fantastic sal!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. longk

Ferraria crispa

I think that my problem is similar. I'm trying to replicate the SA seasons, and clearly not very well! Your Chasmanthe looks interesting! I too have a Hedychium (gardnerianium) problem - tuber...
    I think that my problem is similar. I'm trying to replicate the SA seasons, and clearly not very well! Your Chasmanthe looks interesting! I too have a Hedychium (gardnerianium) problem - tuber potted up last May and it is now fully 10cm tall!
    I think that my problem is similar. I'm trying to replicate the SA seasons, and clearly not very well! Your Chasmanthe looks interesting! I too have a Hedychium (gardnerianium) problem - tuber potted up last May and it is now fully 10cm tall!
    I think that my problem is similar. I'm trying to replicate the SA seasons, and clearly not very well! Your Chasmanthe looks interesting! I too have a Hedychium (gardnerianium) problem - tuber...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK
    Like x 17

JWK's Tropical border

Thanks again Kristen. I don't have time to build one so it's going on my birthday/fathers day list :)
    Thanks again Kristen. I don't have time to build one so it's going on my birthday/fathers day list :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. polypody

Desfontainia Spinosa

I had one for a few years. It eventually faded away.I think they like acid soil and good moisture, neither of which I really have.Just tried it on the chance it might do well enough with my...
    I had one for a few years. It eventually faded away.I think they like acid soil and good moisture, neither of which I really have.Just tried it on the chance it might do well enough with my rhody and a couple of camelias.
    I had one for a few years. It eventually faded away.I think they like acid soil and good moisture, neither of which I really have.Just tried it on the chance it might do well enough with my rhody and a couple of camelias.
    I had one for a few years. It eventually faded away.I think they like acid soil and good moisture, neither of which I really have.Just tried it on the chance it might do well enough with my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. *dim*

Some interesting plants

stumbled accross a website selling unusual plants/shrubs in the UK Tropical Plants | Carreglefn Nurseries | Buy Online found these interesting: Avocado Bacon .... hardy to -5 degrees .......
    stumbled accross a website selling unusual plants/shrubs in the UK Tropical Plants | Carreglefn Nurseries | Buy Online found these interesting: Avocado Bacon .... hardy to -5 degrees .... have researched further, and many say it is hardier ... takes 3 years to start producing avos though,...
    stumbled accross a website selling unusual plants/shrubs in the UK Tropical Plants | Carreglefn Nurseries | Buy Online found these interesting: Avocado Bacon .... hardy to -5 degrees .... have researched further, and many say it is hardier...
    stumbled accross a website selling unusual plants/shrubs in the UK Tropical Plants | Carreglefn Nurseries | Buy Online found these interesting: Avocado Bacon .... hardy to -5 degrees .......
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sal73
    Like x 4

My first tropical is in

Hi Raman maan Lemon grass is used in thailand for making tea and currys , the oil is used to keep moskito away and apparently an infuse of lemon grass boiled in water is used an plants to keep...
    Hi Raman maan Lemon grass is used in thailand for making tea and currys , the oil is used to keep moskito away and apparently an infuse of lemon grass boiled in water is used an plants to keep pests away . You can buy it in any superstore like tesco or morrison , but it`s advised to get it from...
    Hi Raman maan Lemon grass is used in thailand for making tea and currys , the oil is used to keep moskito away and apparently an infuse of lemon grass boiled in water is used an plants to keep pests away . You can buy it in any superstore like...
    Hi Raman maan Lemon grass is used in thailand for making tea and currys , the oil is used to keep moskito away and apparently an infuse of lemon grass boiled in water is used an plants to keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. longk

Acidanthera problems

When I first "re-discovered" gardening I bought some Acidanthera corms and got great results! Year after year too. Then I moved and the blooming of this plant was a thing of the past:scratch: On the...
    When I first "re-discovered" gardening I bought some Acidanthera corms and got great results! Year after year too. Then I moved and the blooming of this plant was a thing of the past:scratch: On the face of it everything is the same - both gardens face south, plenty of sun etc. So what am I doing...
    When I first "re-discovered" gardening I bought some Acidanthera corms and got great results! Year after year too. Then I moved and the blooming of this plant was a thing of the past:scratch: On the face of it everything is the same - both gardens face...
    When I first "re-discovered" gardening I bought some Acidanthera corms and got great results! Year after year too. Then I moved and the blooming of this plant was a thing of the past:scratch: On the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SiXpence

When to Waken

Nice one guys - joined a few minutes ago, and feel like I've learned something already! Follow the same sort of practice with bananas at home, but not Canna before. Maybe this ought to be the...
    Nice one guys - joined a few minutes ago, and feel like I've learned something already! Follow the same sort of practice with bananas at home, but not Canna before. Maybe this ought to be the year I start...
    Nice one guys - joined a few minutes ago, and feel like I've learned something already! Follow the same sort of practice with bananas at home, but not Canna before. Maybe this ought to be the year I start...
    Nice one guys - joined a few minutes ago, and feel like I've learned something already! Follow the same sort of practice with bananas at home, but not Canna before. Maybe this ought to be the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Angelina

Iresine from seed - any tips?

Hi Angelina, Instructions on my packet of 10 Iresine herbstii seeds: "20-25 deg C and needs light to germinate". About half my seeds germinated within 4 days but it's been about a week now and...
    Hi Angelina, Instructions on my packet of 10 Iresine herbstii seeds: "20-25 deg C and needs light to germinate". About half my seeds germinated within 4 days but it's been about a week now and only one more has appeared today, so germination seems a little variable.:dbgrtmb:
    Hi Angelina, Instructions on my packet of 10 Iresine herbstii seeds: "20-25 deg C and needs light to germinate". About half my seeds germinated within 4 days but it's been about a week now and only one more has appeared today, so germination...
    Hi Angelina, Instructions on my packet of 10 Iresine herbstii seeds: "20-25 deg C and needs light to germinate". About half my seeds germinated within 4 days but it's been about a week now and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. longk

Brugmansia sanguinea

Hi Victoria Wayne lured me from the 'Darkside' LOL Its nice to be here, Thanks for the Welcome.AlanHurstwood Brugmansia
    Hi Victoria Wayne lured me from the 'Darkside' LOL Its nice to be here, Thanks for the Welcome.AlanHurstwood Brugmansia
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hurstwood brugs.

Sphaerocarpium Brugmansia

Hurstwood BowWayne Hurstwood Elinor is below this one.Here is Hurstwood Bow (H. Elinors pod sister) This one has also carried the strong fragrance from Arborea 'S' and the gorgeous...
    Hurstwood BowWayne Hurstwood Elinor is below this one.Here is Hurstwood Bow (H. Elinors pod sister) This one has also carried the strong fragrance from Arborea 'S' and the gorgeous colouration from Wildfire. Another positive of these two is that they have the hardiness of the Arborea. Hope...
    Hurstwood BowWayne Hurstwood Elinor is below this one.Here is Hurstwood Bow (H. Elinors pod sister) This one has also carried the strong fragrance from Arborea 'S' and the gorgeous colouration from Wildfire. Another positive of these two is...
    Hurstwood BowWayne Hurstwood Elinor is below this one.Here is Hurstwood Bow (H. Elinors pod sister) This one has also carried the strong fragrance from Arborea 'S' and the gorgeous...
    Hurstwood Bryony  Quality (Large).JPG insertimage.gif attach.gif Hurstwood Elinor Black BG with star (Large).jpg Hurstwood Bow Black BG PS (Large).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Hornbeam

Thunbergia

T.mysorensis is a beauty, and as stated can make a nice conservatory or greenhouse specimen. On our visit to Hill House Nursery last year I convinced my better half that she really wanted this -...
    T.mysorensis is a beauty, and as stated can make a nice conservatory or greenhouse specimen. On our visit to Hill House Nursery last year I convinced my better half that she really wanted this - Thunbergia gregorii..............
    T.mysorensis is a beauty, and as stated can make a nice conservatory or greenhouse specimen. On our visit to Hill House Nursery last year I convinced my better half that she really wanted this - Thunbergia gregorii..............
    T.mysorensis is a beauty, and as stated can make a nice conservatory or greenhouse specimen. On our visit to Hill House Nursery last year I convinced my better half that she really wanted this -...
    DSC_1131.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. pete

strelitzia

The spike was spotted almost exactly seven years after the seed was sown!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Albiziia / Jacaranda

How large are yours now Victoria? I have two one year old seedlings which are about 20cm tall..............
    How large are yours now Victoria? I have two one year old seedlings which are about 20cm tall..............
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice