Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. ARMANDII

Yes,we have no banana's

Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be more. To be honest, I didn't have really high hopes of any of the seeds germinating especially...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be more. To be honest, I didn't have really high...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. stephenprudence

Justicia rizzinii

Stephen - as you had no better replies I checked my bible out. As it is apparently a winter bloomer I reckon indoors is the only option.
    Stephen - as you had no better replies I checked my bible out. As it is apparently a winter bloomer I reckon indoors is the only option.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sal73

Lotus, Komarovian

and finally planted .
    and finally planted .
    and finally planted .
    and finally planted .
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73

Chip Tropical.

those are the bulbs I bough already shooting . and those are last year plant that I left in water all winter (in the greenhouse.)
    those are the bulbs I bough already shooting . and those are last year plant that I left in water all winter (in the greenhouse.)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sal73

Dicksonia Antartica

I had loads of spanish moss. One year the sparrows had the lot.:mad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Wayne
    Like x 3

Raised Beds for Brugmansia's

Sorry, I meant to say a fork from a flowering branch. That way it think's it's a adult plant and produces flowers quicker. Years ago I nearly lost interest in Brugs because I used to cut them down...
    Sorry, I meant to say a fork from a flowering branch. That way it think's it's a adult plant and produces flowers quicker. Years ago I nearly lost interest in Brugs because I used to cut them down to a stump and got frustrated at the length of time they too to flower again:wallbanging: . Now I've learnt from...
    Sorry, I meant to say a fork from a flowering branch. That way it think's it's a adult plant and produces flowers quicker. Years ago I nearly lost interest in Brugs because I used to cut them down to a stump and got frustrated at the length of...
    Sorry, I meant to say a fork from a flowering branch. That way it think's it's a adult plant and produces flowers quicker. Years ago I nearly lost interest in Brugs because I used to cut them down...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sal73

Waxed rhizoma

it`s not a soft wax , it look like candle wax really hard , I will try tmw with hot water ....I really would love to grow one , just to try how they perform in UK , it maybe will be a big failure...
    it`s not a soft wax , it look like candle wax really hard , I will try tmw with hot water ....I really would love to grow one , just to try how they perform in UK , it maybe will be a big failure or a great discovery , been searching all over internet but nothing.
    it`s not a soft wax , it look like candle wax really hard , I will try tmw with hot water ....I really would love to grow one , just to try how they perform in UK , it maybe will be a big failure or a great discovery , been searching all over...
    it`s not a soft wax , it look like candle wax really hard , I will try tmw with hot water ....I really would love to grow one , just to try how they perform in UK , it maybe will be a big failure...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. SvenLittkowski

QUESTION: Tricyrtis hirta: Seed Germination

I'm growing T.latifolia. The only germinators that I got were the surface sown seeds, following pretty much the same temperature regime as in Bilbos post.
    I'm growing T.latifolia. The only germinators that I got were the surface sown seeds, following pretty much the same temperature regime as in Bilbos post.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sal73

Moringa oleifera

thank you Bilbo , I`ll investigating as well : ). It look a really nice plant and would love at least one.
    thank you Bilbo , I`ll investigating as well : ). It look a really nice plant and would love at least one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bayleaf

Bat plant

Got my eye on this amongst others..............
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. technic123

Foxtail palm

Seen that link before on other palm forums, I bought from him. Care: Cold Tolerance: To 30 degrees Growth Rate: Moderate To Fast Height: To 22' Light Req: High Soil Req: ...
    Seen that link before on other palm forums, I bought from him. Care: Cold Tolerance: To 30 degrees Growth Rate: Moderate To Fast Height: To 22' Light Req: High Soil Req: Well Draining Feeding Req: Heavy Water Reg: Moderate
    Seen that link before on other palm forums, I bought from him. Care: Cold Tolerance: To 30 degrees Growth Rate: Moderate To Fast Height: To 22' Light Req: High Soil Req: Well Draining Feeding Req: Heavy Water Reg: ...
    Seen that link before on other palm forums, I bought from him. Care: Cold Tolerance: To 30 degrees Growth Rate: Moderate To Fast Height: To 22' Light Req: High Soil Req: ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sal73

Tropical Costco

Don't be soft Kristen, she prolly has a conservatory..........:dancy::heehee: Wow!!! I hope mine has some of that size.
    Don't be soft Kristen, she prolly has a conservatory..........:dancy::heehee: Wow!!! I hope mine has some of that size.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73

Musa banana

talking about insulation , Pete did you ever use woodshaving rathen that straw? I`ve used the tenon machine shaving , it kept dry but still lost the bananas as they where to small , it would be...
    talking about insulation , Pete did you ever use woodshaving rathen that straw? I`ve used the tenon machine shaving , it kept dry but still lost the bananas as they where to small , it would be nice to find a less messy way wrapping the bananas as insulation would be easy to store .
    talking about insulation , Pete did you ever use woodshaving rathen that straw? I`ve used the tenon machine shaving , it kept dry but still lost the bananas as they where to small , it would be nice to find a less messy way wrapping the bananas...
    talking about insulation , Pete did you ever use woodshaving rathen that straw? I`ve used the tenon machine shaving , it kept dry but still lost the bananas as they where to small , it would be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. longk

My mega blooming Phal!

Thanks Scotkat. Unfortunately the Phals have mostly got to go in the house move.
    Thanks Scotkat. Unfortunately the Phals have mostly got to go in the house move.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Wayne
    Like x 5

Brugmansia Mobisu

I love the color, very nice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sal73

Dracaena draco

that was 2 weeks ago , last week they had orchids and brugmansia for £5 . there are tropical plants everywhere :yawn:
    that was 2 weeks ago , last week they had orchids and brugmansia for £5 . there are tropical plants everywhere :yawn:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. youngdaisydee
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Michelea

HELP...WINDMILL PALM SCALE

Hi, I am both new to the forum and to gardening!!! I purchased 3 Trachycarpus fortunei palms. Two are doing very well indeed but the third has what i think is palm scale. I can only describe that...
    Hi, I am both new to the forum and to gardening!!! I purchased 3 Trachycarpus fortunei palms. Two are doing very well indeed but the third has what i think is palm scale. I can only describe that the poorly palm has clear like dots which have a brown centre. When i have removed them they kinda...
    Hi, I am both new to the forum and to gardening!!! I purchased 3 Trachycarpus fortunei palms. Two are doing very well indeed but the third has what i think is palm scale. I can only describe that the poorly palm has clear like dots which have a...
    Hi, I am both new to the forum and to gardening!!! I purchased 3 Trachycarpus fortunei palms. Two are doing very well indeed but the third has what i think is palm scale. I can only describe that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. al n

gunnera, good idea or not?

I'd vote for Gunnera. I had one by the pond in our last garden and although dramatic, it didn't dominate. Sadly we had to move in such a hurry that I left it behind. Luckily, I'd given a piece to...
    I'd vote for Gunnera. I had one by the pond in our last garden and although dramatic, it didn't dominate. Sadly we had to move in such a hurry that I left it behind. Luckily, I'd given a piece to a local Buddhist retreat centre. As it was planted next to the reed bed treatment pond it did grow...
    I'd vote for Gunnera. I had one by the pond in our last garden and although dramatic, it didn't dominate. Sadly we had to move in such a hurry that I left it behind. Luckily, I'd given a piece to a local Buddhist retreat centre. As it was...
    I'd vote for Gunnera. I had one by the pond in our last garden and although dramatic, it didn't dominate. Sadly we had to move in such a hurry that I left it behind. Luckily, I'd given a piece to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. graham the gardener 1978

sarcococca yellowing

epsom salts for magnesium forked into the root system then covered in mulch:thumbsup: , mirical grow soluable feed as a foliar feed monthly:dbgrtmb: and i've just started feeding them with maxicrop seaweed extract...
    epsom salts for magnesium forked into the root system then covered in mulch:thumbsup: , mirical grow soluable feed as a foliar feed monthly:dbgrtmb: and i've just started feeding them with maxicrop seaweed extract instead of mirical grow:ideaIPB: will post results if any:gaah:
    epsom salts for magnesium forked into the root system then covered in mulch:thumbsup: , mirical grow soluable feed as a foliar feed monthly:dbgrtmb: and i've just started feeding them with maxicrop seaweed extract instead of mirical grow:ideaIPB: will post results if any:gaah:
    epsom salts for magnesium forked into the root system then covered in mulch:thumbsup: , mirical grow soluable feed as a foliar feed monthly:dbgrtmb: and i've just started feeding them with maxicrop seaweed extract...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice