Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Coolsox

Show me your Zantedeschias!

Here's mine Coolsox - Zantedeschia elliottianaIt's one of the smaller ones so I grow it in a pot and allow it to die back over the winter. Seed grown it was just the two plants that I potted...
    Here's mine Coolsox - Zantedeschia elliottianaIt's one of the smaller ones so I grow it in a pot and allow it to die back over the winter. Seed grown it was just the two plants that I potted up and it is multiplying freely.
    Here's mine Coolsox - Zantedeschia elliottianaIt's one of the smaller ones so I grow it in a pot and allow it to die back over the winter. Seed grown it was just the two plants that I potted up and it is multiplying freely.
    Here's mine Coolsox - Zantedeschia elliottianaIt's one of the smaller ones so I grow it in a pot and allow it to die back over the winter. Seed grown it was just the two plants that I potted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. vibrating_cake

Cabbage Palm Pot size Plant size???

What an incredibly moody looking picture!Thats my lonely cabbage palm out front, the lower leaves are starting to yellow and it's looking sad (like last time it was rootbound) but that pot is...
    What an incredibly moody looking picture!Thats my lonely cabbage palm out front, the lower leaves are starting to yellow and it's looking sad (like last time it was rootbound) but that pot is fairly large! Under the pot is a stump from the last owners tree that once grew in the same...
    What an incredibly moody looking picture!Thats my lonely cabbage palm out front, the lower leaves are starting to yellow and it's looking sad (like last time it was rootbound) but that pot is fairly large! Under the pot is a stump from the...
    What an incredibly moody looking picture!Thats my lonely cabbage palm out front, the lower leaves are starting to yellow and it's looking sad (like last time it was rootbound) but that pot is...
    IMAG0411.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sirius

Passiflora Seeds

Sirius do you want seeds of parritae? ad the moment I`m growing an hybrid of it , less delicate , the only parritae seedling I`ve managed to germinate it`s really slow and not easy
    Sirius do you want seeds of parritae? ad the moment I`m growing an hybrid of it , less delicate , the only parritae seedling I`ve managed to germinate it`s really slow and not easy
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. kindredspirit
    Like x 9

Watch this space!

:wow::love30:...Amazing Kindred:wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PeterS
    Like x 9

Wentworth Castle conservatory

I'd forgotten that it was you who started me off on that one :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. HarryS

Canna Virus Woes !

That's a shame Harry - fingers crossed for your others.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. cosmichamster

Trying to identify Palm and care advice

Thanks jwk, appreciate the advice. Thankfully little care, although my wife did bump the car into one!
    Thanks jwk, appreciate the advice. Thankfully little care, although my wife did bump the car into one!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dips

When can my Brug go out?

Lol that would not be wanted
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. kindredspirit

Purple Yucca.

Well it looks like its spineless? So that narrows it down a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Carllennon

Will this grow new shoots?

Thanks for the replies. I might just keep it now :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hydrogardener

Bougainvillea for the greenhouse

Well, the plant certainly seems to like the spot it has found in the greenhouse, as it has been flowering for weeks. I am going to let it fight it out with the cucumbers for the netting support.
    Well, the plant certainly seems to like the spot it has found in the greenhouse, as it has been flowering for weeks. I am going to let it fight it out with the cucumbers for the netting support.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria

Clerodendron ugandense

Enjoy...................The relevant info is on page two but have a good look through anyway :heehee:The mother plant has taken a few degrees of frost before but it's the first time that one of the...
    Enjoy...................The relevant info is on page two but have a good look through anyway :heehee:The mother plant has taken a few degrees of frost before but it's the first time that one of the children has.I've lost Cubanola seedlings of up to a year old for no apparent reason. I suspect...
    Enjoy...................The relevant info is on page two but have a good look through anyway :heehee:The mother plant has taken a few degrees of frost before but it's the first time that one of the children has.I've lost Cubanola seedlings of up...
    Enjoy...................The relevant info is on page two but have a good look through anyway :heehee:The mother plant has taken a few degrees of frost before but it's the first time that one of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. PeterS
    Like x 6

Brugmansia 2014

Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem...
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem fine, as they grow really well if planted out.I think moisture is really the key in hot weather.
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem fine, as they grow really well if planted out.I...
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. catztail

brugmansia question

I think it gets pretty cold in winter where it comes from, but at the same time, its probably dryer and spring comes a bit earlier, with a guaranteed summer.
    I think it gets pretty cold in winter where it comes from, but at the same time, its probably dryer and spring comes a bit earlier, with a guaranteed summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gregory
    Like x 7

"Ultra Tropicals"

Hi Gregory - its a year since your first post - do tell us how you are getting on and what you are growing.You can see how some of us are getting on in
    Hi Gregory - its a year since your first post - do tell us how you are getting on and what you are growing.You can see how some of us are getting on in
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. longk
    Like x 4

Bomarea

As does patience. I've found another one germinated this evening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Anthony Rogers

Dipladenia/Mandevilla pruning

I can't say that the BoP was over the moon about it either :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bilbo675

Yucca aloifolia purpurea

Yes it`s an hybrid and really pretty when grow up , but not as hardy as many peoples makes us to belive , I would say it`s on the same line of elephantis , nothing less nothing more
    Yes it`s an hybrid and really pretty when grow up , but not as hardy as many peoples makes us to belive , I would say it`s on the same line of elephantis , nothing less nothing more
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bilbo675

Yucca aloifolia purpurea

beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. pete
    Like x 5

Yucca elephatipies

Lovely specimen @pete :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice