Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. TOR

Gunnera in shade?

clay keep the moist , this year we had a -8 and the gunnera survived happy and healty , under strange circustance i had my Thalia next to it and for the first time i managed to keep it alive , I...
    clay keep the moist , this year we had a -8 and the gunnera survived happy and healty , under strange circustance i had my Thalia next to it and for the first time i managed to keep it alive , I think clay keep them warmer in winter and keep the roots undercontroll ....or just luck.
    clay keep the moist , this year we had a -8 and the gunnera survived happy and healty , under strange circustance i had my Thalia next to it and for the first time i managed to keep it alive , I think clay keep them warmer in winter and keep the...
    clay keep the moist , this year we had a -8 and the gunnera survived happy and healty , under strange circustance i had my Thalia next to it and for the first time i managed to keep it alive , I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Madahhlia

Dolichos lablab: hope triumphs over experience

I think I tried them once, but at the time I was trying all sorts. I certainly didn't get anything like in your picture, makes me want to try again.
    I think I tried them once, but at the time I was trying all sorts. I certainly didn't get anything like in your picture, makes me want to try again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sal73

yucca aloifolia purpurea

Thank you Wayne , is your plant outdoor or potted? ps more sunshine????? did you see any around???? where i can buy some of it?????
    Thank you Wayne , is your plant outdoor or potted? ps more sunshine????? did you see any around???? where i can buy some of it?????
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. HYDROGEN86

Bonsai podocarpus macrophyllus

:ThankYou: Hydro & Nick, it is a lovely little tree & will get a photo in a while.. I used to have a Redwwod Burl growing that I brought home from California, but it has taken a real turn for the worst at...
    :ThankYou: Hydro & Nick, it is a lovely little tree & will get a photo in a while.. I used to have a Redwwod Burl growing that I brought home from California, but it has taken a real turn for the worst at present but will see if I have an old photo I should do somewhere.. :SUNsmile: I shall look forward to a...
    :ThankYou: Hydro & Nick, it is a lovely little tree & will get a photo in a while.. I used to have a Redwwod Burl growing that I brought home from California, but it has taken a real turn for the worst at present but will see if I have an old photo I...
    :ThankYou: Hydro & Nick, it is a lovely little tree & will get a photo in a while.. I used to have a Redwwod Burl growing that I brought home from California, but it has taken a real turn for the worst at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Wayne
    Like x 4

Brugmansia Yellow Aurea

:dbgrtmb: Thats beautiful
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. HarryS

Bougainvillea leaf problem ?

Thanks for the link Victoria :blue thumb: I have been through the items , none seem to match my problem . I am hoping it is what Pete thought , sun and wind burn on tender leaves . I am going to prune back...
    Thanks for the link Victoria :blue thumb: I have been through the items , none seem to match my problem . I am hoping it is what Pete thought , sun and wind burn on tender leaves . I am going to prune back to healthy growth and get it back outside in a sheltered shady spot. I seem to be suffering the 7...
    Thanks for the link Victoria :blue thumb: I have been through the items , none seem to match my problem . I am hoping it is what Pete thought , sun and wind burn on tender leaves . I am going to prune back to healthy growth and get it back outside in a...
    Thanks for the link Victoria :blue thumb: I have been through the items , none seem to match my problem . I am hoping it is what Pete thought , sun and wind burn on tender leaves . I am going to prune back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Bilbo675

Brugmansia Question?

Here's the slightly taller of my two "seedlings", now approx 2ft tall and in an 8" pot; they're now too big for the bedroom windowsill and have been moved to the kitchen until tomorrow when they...
    Here's the slightly taller of my two "seedlings", now approx 2ft tall and in an 8" pot; they're now too big for the bedroom windowsill and have been moved to the kitchen until tomorrow when they can be moved to the greenhouse now that the weather has warmed up considerably....:dbgrtmb: One more...
    Here's the slightly taller of my two "seedlings", now approx 2ft tall and in an 8" pot; they're now too big for the bedroom windowsill and have been moved to the kitchen until tomorrow when they can be moved to the greenhouse now that the weather...
    Here's the slightly taller of my two "seedlings", now approx 2ft tall and in an 8" pot; they're now too big for the bedroom windowsill and have been moved to the kitchen until tomorrow when they...
    Ebay 040.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. sal73

Strelitzia from roots

Chuck the centre one - it's surviving on the nutrients that it has stored. It's quite possible that the same applies to the other two as well, but they do at least have enough material to make it...
    Chuck the centre one - it's surviving on the nutrients that it has stored. It's quite possible that the same applies to the other two as well, but they do at least have enough material to make it worth investigating.
    Chuck the centre one - it's surviving on the nutrients that it has stored. It's quite possible that the same applies to the other two as well, but they do at least have enough material to make it worth investigating.
    Chuck the centre one - it's surviving on the nutrients that it has stored. It's quite possible that the same applies to the other two as well, but they do at least have enough material to make it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. al n

browning leaves on phoenix palm ( CIDP)?

I thought they might be new purchases, just wondering how used they are to out lousy outdoor conditions. On the other had it could be sun scorch from the warm spell a week or more ago.
    I thought they might be new purchases, just wondering how used they are to out lousy outdoor conditions. On the other had it could be sun scorch from the warm spell a week or more ago.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mark_gecko

Thai species???????

yes but can`t remember the name , seen one climber used by butterfly to clean from parasite and actually look like a dandelion but , would say much more pretty and it`s a climber plant.
    yes but can`t remember the name , seen one climber used by butterfly to clean from parasite and actually look like a dandelion but , would say much more pretty and it`s a climber plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Wayne
    Like x 4

Brugmansia's at Kew Gardens

Absolutely gorgeous!!!... and heres little ole me so chuffed cos ive managed to germinate a sanguinea seed. No doubt it will be as huge as those, this time next year :snork:
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!... and heres little ole me so chuffed cos ive managed to germinate a sanguinea seed. No doubt it will be as huge as those, this time next year :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. averil

BRUGMANSIA EMERGENCY!!!!!!

Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt realise there was warm and cold groups :scratch:. Ive repotted him but into a mixture of multi with some john...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt realise there was warm and cold groups :scratch:. Ive repotted...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73
    Like x 7

My tropical garden so far

excellent, love the way pic no 4 looks now from when you started :SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. rustyroots

Hellebore Niger.

Hi Rr I would leave the flowerheads on to self seed but you can cut away the old leaves from last year but leave the fresh new leaves that have grown this year. Spruce
    Hi Rr I would leave the flowerheads on to self seed but you can cut away the old leaves from last year but leave the fresh new leaves that have grown this year. Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Madahhlia

Tropaeolum Speciosum

Far better than I ever got!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. longk
    Like x 4

Ceropegia sandersonii

It almost rewards you for neglect - mine seems to produce the aerial tubers over the winter when I withhold water.
    It almost rewards you for neglect - mine seems to produce the aerial tubers over the winter when I withhold water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. longk

Tricyrtis lasiocarpa from seed

I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to go about germinating them? I've grown Tricyrtis in the past and have always needed to give them a...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to go about germinating them? I've grown Tricyrtis...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. longk

Phanaenopsis noids in bloom

Quite a few of the houseplants have sulked since the move, especially the orchids. A couple have thrived though............. This is one of my favourites..............
    Quite a few of the houseplants have sulked since the move, especially the orchids. A couple have thrived though............. This is one of my favourites..............
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. averil

brugmansia herrenhauser garten

Tks Wayne, I shall give it my best shot
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Wayne
    Like x 6

Alan's Brugmansia Hurstwood Elinor

It is so pretty. I guess those are the species that I only get to enjoy watching from far, far away. It is too hot here. Thanks for sharing.
    It is so pretty. I guess those are the species that I only get to enjoy watching from far, far away. It is too hot here. Thanks for sharing.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice