All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Kristen
    Like x 3

Planning Seed Varieties for Exotic Border

The "skirt" seemed a lot narrower than that, more like Nicotiana glauca - except that I thought the foliage looked "normal" for Nicotiana, and Nicotiana glauca has different foliage. Maybe I just...
    The "skirt" seemed a lot narrower than that, more like Nicotiana glauca - except that I thought the foliage looked "normal" for Nicotiana, and Nicotiana glauca has different foliage. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention to the leaves!
    The "skirt" seemed a lot narrower than that, more like Nicotiana glauca - except that I thought the foliage looked "normal" for Nicotiana, and Nicotiana glauca has different foliage. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention to the leaves!
    The "skirt" seemed a lot narrower than that, more like Nicotiana glauca - except that I thought the foliage looked "normal" for Nicotiana, and Nicotiana glauca has different foliage. Maybe I just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sal73

Nordic Moss

I likes Liverworts:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Bilbo675

Best Chance of Success with Banana Seeds?

Bent but not to bent according to Our EU friends :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though still might give it a go. I too have seen the superbum on jungle seeds and i like the zebra a too!
    Bent but not to bent according to Our EU friends :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though still might give it a go. I too have seen the superbum on jungle seeds and i like the zebra a too!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. averil

Pomegranate

The trees around me are positively heaving with fruit at the moment, better than most years and we have had a very dry summer. We also had one of our driest winters ever when normally we get...
    The trees around me are positively heaving with fruit at the moment, better than most years and we have had a very dry summer. We also had one of our driest winters ever when normally we get torrents of rain ready for the summer drought. I love pomegrate juice but cannot stand to eat the...
    The trees around me are positively heaving with fruit at the moment, better than most years and we have had a very dry summer. We also had one of our driest winters ever when normally we get torrents of rain ready for the summer drought. I...
    The trees around me are positively heaving with fruit at the moment, better than most years and we have had a very dry summer. We also had one of our driest winters ever when normally we get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. clueless1

'Jungle' plants for cool shade.

Helleborus for winter interest?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sal73
    Like x 7

How to grow a Pinapple

In case anyone would love to grow a virtual free tropical plant this is how is done. Select a nice and healty plant , avoid large pinapple from the caribbean or hawaii , then pinch one of the...
    In case anyone would love to grow a virtual free tropical plant this is how is done. Select a nice and healty plant , avoid large pinapple from the caribbean or hawaii , then pinch one of the middle leaves and try to pull one off , if the leave will come off then avoid that one and get a fresh...
    In case anyone would love to grow a virtual free tropical plant this is how is done. Select a nice and healty plant , avoid large pinapple from the caribbean or hawaii , then pinch one of the middle leaves and try to pull one off , if the leave...
    In case anyone would love to grow a virtual free tropical plant this is how is done. Select a nice and healty plant , avoid large pinapple from the caribbean or hawaii , then pinch one of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kristen
    Like x 6

What's looking exotic in September 2012

:blue thumb: I'm sure the fact they are undercover from rain will make the big difference.
    :blue thumb: I'm sure the fact they are undercover from rain will make the big difference.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. joolz68

Tropical theme ideas plz gang

Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have...
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have a lot of stock online last time i looked.
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have a lot of stock online last time i looked.
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Exotic seed swap anyone?

LINK to the Cuttings Thread, just in case anyone needs it
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kristen

Solanum Laciniatum / Kangaroo Apple

Kristen what about one of thisis that impressive enough? another one on my growing list for next year is (again) cyphomandra corymbiflora the hardy tomato tree.
    Kristen what about one of thisis that impressive enough? another one on my growing list for next year is (again) cyphomandra corymbiflora the hardy tomato tree.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sal73
    Like x 3

Exotic cuttings swap anyone?

If anyone has any spare I would really like some Persian Shield - Strobilanthes dyerianus
    If anyone has any spare I would really like some Persian Shield - Strobilanthes dyerianus
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Tropical_Gaz
    Like x 13

Autumn in our garden

yup, I have bubble wrap up all year round. Don't need it in summer, but it is too much of a pain to keep taking down, and then putting back up.
    yup, I have bubble wrap up all year round. Don't need it in summer, but it is too much of a pain to keep taking down, and then putting back up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73
    Like x 4

Musa tropicana

You mean I got something right ?? :dancy:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73
    Like x 5

Acquascaping

I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish and eat all the plants . those are the public anemy number one....the most aggressive of all...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish and eat all the plants . those are the public...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. stephenprudence

Carport subtropical climber idea

looks lovely and will be gorgus covered in scented flower :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sal73
    Like x 7

Tony`s Tropicals plants

Tony is Legend :dbgrtmb: Plus he plays the Squeeze box and trumpet :wub2: TOP MAN
    Tony is Legend :dbgrtmb: Plus he plays the Squeeze box and trumpet :wub2: TOP MAN
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73

Banana Rajapuri seeds

Years ago I`ve managed to germinate banana rajapuri from a banana bought in a shop , don`t ask how I lost the plants as I still feel stupid. Anyway bought some more bananas last week and the seeds...
    Years ago I`ve managed to germinate banana rajapuri from a banana bought in a shop , don`t ask how I lost the plants as I still feel stupid. Anyway bought some more bananas last week and the seeds are actually tiny smaller then before and they are coming from Ghana and not from Thailnad as...
    Years ago I`ve managed to germinate banana rajapuri from a banana bought in a shop , don`t ask how I lost the plants as I still feel stupid. Anyway bought some more bananas last week and the seeds are actually tiny smaller then before and they...
    Years ago I`ve managed to germinate banana rajapuri from a banana bought in a shop , don`t ask how I lost the plants as I still feel stupid. Anyway bought some more bananas last week and the seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ARMANDII
    Like x 9

KITCHEN JUNGLE 2012

Ah yes, you've mentioned that before, sorry forgot. Quite!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bilbo675
    Like x 8

What's Looking Exotic in October 2012

See also: What's looking exotic in November 2012 What's Looking Good - Month-by-month Index
    See also: What's looking exotic in November 2012 What's Looking Good - Month-by-month Index
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PeterS
    Like x 10

Cannas - 10 things you didn't know

Strictly speaking edible ginger, I think, is Zingiber officinale, as opposed to the ornamental gingers that are various species of Hedychium. But they are all the same family and closely related.
    Strictly speaking edible ginger, I think, is Zingiber officinale, as opposed to the ornamental gingers that are various species of Hedychium. But they are all the same family and closely related.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice