Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. IGraham

Brugmansia safe pest control

Hi An update on the use of Provado Ultimate Fruit & Vegetable Bug Killer on my Brug's I wont be using it again on my Brug's, I sprayed three of the four I have, the one I didn't spray continues to...
    Hi An update on the use of Provado Ultimate Fruit & Vegetable Bug Killer on my Brug's I wont be using it again on my Brug's, I sprayed three of the four I have, the one I didn't spray continues to grow and looks healthy. Unfortunately (comparing to the one I didn't spray) the three I sprayed...
    Hi An update on the use of Provado Ultimate Fruit & Vegetable Bug Killer on my Brug's I wont be using it again on my Brug's, I sprayed three of the four I have, the one I didn't spray continues to grow and looks healthy. Unfortunately (comparing...
    Hi An update on the use of Provado Ultimate Fruit & Vegetable Bug Killer on my Brug's I wont be using it again on my Brug's, I sprayed three of the four I have, the one I didn't spray continues to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Monty33

Can anyone diagnose my Cordylline ?

Firstly, take it out the pot, wash off the roots and cut away all the dead ones, if the stem seems soft at the bottom you will need to keep cutting upwards until you find good tissue with no blac...
    Firstly, take it out the pot, wash off the roots and cut away all the dead ones, if the stem seems soft at the bottom you will need to keep cutting upwards until you find good tissue with no blac rot or soft bits. You then let it dry for a day and pot into gritty compost in the smallest pot...
    Firstly, take it out the pot, wash off the roots and cut away all the dead ones, if the stem seems soft at the bottom you will need to keep cutting upwards until you find good tissue with no blac rot or soft bits. You then let it dry for a day...
    Firstly, take it out the pot, wash off the roots and cut away all the dead ones, if the stem seems soft at the bottom you will need to keep cutting upwards until you find good tissue with no blac...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK

Tip broken off Cordyline - is it a gonner?

Hahaha ... NOW I see the canes :) I think I was distracted by the bench before ... :)
    Hahaha ... NOW I see the canes :) I think I was distracted by the bench before ... :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. John Harruison

Belfast sink arid planters.

On seeing your planters I thought you might be interested in this article ;
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. John Harruison
    Like x 7

Midsummer garden video update

Thanks John - thats very helpful. It shows what can be done with a big plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ian Taylor

Wollemia pine

I've done a lot of research about them before I bought one. It came with full growing instructions and a certificate of authenticity. We're going to grow it in a large terracotta pot.
    I've done a lot of research about them before I bought one. It came with full growing instructions and a certificate of authenticity. We're going to grow it in a large terracotta pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. simon n

I cut down my Cannas, don't know if i should have?

I just pull off the individual flower (petals) that have finished, to "tidy it up a bit"
    I just pull off the individual flower (petals) that have finished, to "tidy it up a bit"
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. John Harruison
    Like x 6

June 2014 garden update

They are Phoenix canariensis,
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ian Taylor
    Like x 5

Tropical Garden so far

I've planted a Clematis otophora, its a species clematis, comes from western and central China, with bright yellow flowers.
    I've planted a Clematis otophora, its a species clematis, comes from western and central China, with bright yellow flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. John Harruison

Garden videos on the last day of spring.

Excellent John - some plants are already a good size.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dmg1969

Help identifying plant

Thank you very much, Victoria! I appreciate it.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mowgley

Schefflera

Lol , Mogwley that`s a Shefflera arboricola , no frost resistend but will tollerate -4c , overall seen many of them all over London ..... I would love to buy a taiwanian for my new garden , finger...
    Lol , Mogwley that`s a Shefflera arboricola , no frost resistend but will tollerate -4c , overall seen many of them all over London ..... I would love to buy a taiwanian for my new garden , finger cross that should be a garden show near by and Crug farm shold be there
    Lol , Mogwley that`s a Shefflera arboricola , no frost resistend but will tollerate -4c , overall seen many of them all over London ..... I would love to buy a taiwanian for my new garden , finger cross that should be a garden show near by and...
    Lol , Mogwley that`s a Shefflera arboricola , no frost resistend but will tollerate -4c , overall seen many of them all over London ..... I would love to buy a taiwanian for my new garden , finger...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bilbo675
    Like x 4

I Got Myself Another Banana

We're lucky to have the market here as well as a couple of farm shops, a couple of florists that stock a lot of plants and one of my favourite shops is half a grocery type store and half gardening...
    We're lucky to have the market here as well as a couple of farm shops, a couple of florists that stock a lot of plants and one of my favourite shops is half a grocery type store and half gardening items with a fantastic array of plants outside which are added to every Tuesday and Thursday, his...
    We're lucky to have the market here as well as a couple of farm shops, a couple of florists that stock a lot of plants and one of my favourite shops is half a grocery type store and half gardening items with a fantastic array of plants outside...
    We're lucky to have the market here as well as a couple of farm shops, a couple of florists that stock a lot of plants and one of my favourite shops is half a grocery type store and half gardening...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. RocketDog

Just took delivery...

It's supposed to be a well behaved variety, clump forming, not too tall, copes with thinning out and trimming if required and suitable for small gardens. I did a fair bit of research before...
    It's supposed to be a well behaved variety, clump forming, not too tall, copes with thinning out and trimming if required and suitable for small gardens. I did a fair bit of research before choosing one because I know some grow and spread like mad!The mature ones in pictures do arch/flop over...
    It's supposed to be a well behaved variety, clump forming, not too tall, copes with thinning out and trimming if required and suitable for small gardens. I did a fair bit of research before choosing one because I know some grow and spread like...
    It's supposed to be a well behaved variety, clump forming, not too tall, copes with thinning out and trimming if required and suitable for small gardens. I did a fair bit of research before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. flowerfairy

Roebellenii palm

Where is it situated ? It could be not enough or too much light, too dry? they should never dry out even in winter.
    Where is it situated ? It could be not enough or too much light, too dry? they should never dry out even in winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. stephenprudence
    Like x 7

Tropical border (again)

Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come back. I think I did read that they are annual/short lived perennials somewhere. Victoria - have...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come back. I think I did read that they are...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73
    Like x 13

Moving my garden

Excellent stuff Sal, you have the space you need to make use of all the plants.. it'll be interesting to see it when everything is grown up too :D
    Excellent stuff Sal, you have the space you need to make use of all the plants.. it'll be interesting to see it when everything is grown up too :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ian Taylor

Thinking of doing a Tropical Garden

:sad:Take over your neighbour's garden(s)?!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. aways987

Building a tropical garden in Essex

Looking good aways! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Madahhlia

Delonix regia, Flamboyant

Hi Kristen - will do
    Hi Kristen - will do
    Hi Kristen - will do
    Hi Kristen - will do
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice