1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Victoria

Iochroma

Reading back, I saw this question I did not appear to answer. We do it twice a year, late Spring and Autumn.
    Reading back, I saw this question I did not appear to answer. We do it twice a year, late Spring and Autumn.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Victoria
    Like x 4

Cycas revoluta

He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria
    Like x 3

Jacaranda mimosifolia

Here we are 2023 so time to get the Jacarandas pollarded.We left the one on the lane this year doing well up the lamp post ..But the one in the garden by the path to the house was cut back...
    Here we are 2023 so time to get the Jacarandas pollarded.We left the one on the lane this year doing well up the lamp post ..But the one in the garden by the path to the house was cut back ...
    Here we are 2023 so time to get the Jacarandas pollarded.We left the one on the lane this year doing well up the lamp post ..But the one in the garden by the path to the house was cut back ...
    Here we are 2023 so time to get the Jacarandas pollarded.We left the one on the lane this year doing well up the lamp post ..But the one in the garden by the path to the house was cut back...
    Jak Big Bloom 4 July.jpg Jak Big Bloom 22 Jun.jpg Jacaranda Van 26 Mar 22 (1).jpg Van in Jak3 26 Mar 22(1).jpg Jak1 12 Jun 22.jpg Jak2 12 Jun 22.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Victoria
    Like x 5

Melaleuca

The Melaleuca was leaning too much, on Friday ...... so Saturday I had it cut back drastically ...
    The Melaleuca was leaning too much, on Friday ...... so Saturday I had it cut back drastically ...
    Melaleuca3 30 Jul(1)(1).jpg Melaleuca2 30 Jul.jpg Melaleuca 4 Aug.jpg Melaleuca2 1 Nov 23.jpg Raised Patio3 5 Nov 23.jpg Melaleuca 5 Nov 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kitte

Orchid treatment.

I would just like to draw the attention of you orchid lovers to some YouTube videos I have been finding very useful recently.They are called Happiness Garden and are from somewhere in the far...
    I would just like to draw the attention of you orchid lovers to some YouTube videos I have been finding very useful recently.They are called Happiness Garden and are from somewhere in the far east, all about orchids and how to treat them. Filmed with no narrative, just lovely music, with a...
    I would just like to draw the attention of you orchid lovers to some YouTube videos I have been finding very useful recently.They are called Happiness Garden and are from somewhere in the far east, all about orchids and how to treat them....
    I would just like to draw the attention of you orchid lovers to some YouTube videos I have been finding very useful recently.They are called Happiness Garden and are from somewhere in the far...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Aly1234

Lemon tree in pot

My mission this winter is to keep this one alive! Need to make some more lemonchello haha. Thank you for your suggestions :)
    My mission this winter is to keep this one alive! Need to make some more lemonchello haha. Thank you for your suggestions :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

ID Please

@Victoria I think it is Pseuderanthemum carruthersii of which there are various colour forms. An attractive tender plant.
    @Victoria I think it is Pseuderanthemum carruthersii of which there are various colour forms. An attractive tender plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Aly1234

Olive tree help

I think if it was mine I'd leave it for now and give it a tri to shape next April.
    I think if it was mine I'd leave it for now and give it a tri to shape next April.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Victoria
    Like x 3

Plumeria

It's....different :) Hardy to -4C according to Wiki, but the flowers aren't very scented.
    It's....different :) Hardy to -4C according to Wiki, but the flowers aren't very scented.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Marshallal

Strelitzia reginae advice

Many thanks Pete.
    Many thanks Pete.
    Many thanks Pete.
    Many thanks Pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Victoria
    Like x 3

Beaucarnea

Beaucarnea recurvata with two Beaucarnea guatemalensis in front ... there were three but one died ...
    Beaucarnea recurvata with two Beaucarnea guatemalensis in front ... there were three but one died ...
    Beaucarnea 2 Jul 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Surfer

Avocado trees

Depending whether different levels i.e. steps are involved, what about repotting them into half-barrels on wheels? All my citrus trees and a fair few tender shrubs and trees are grown in them so...
    Depending whether different levels i.e. steps are involved, what about repotting them into half-barrels on wheels? All my citrus trees and a fair few tender shrubs and trees are grown in them so they can be wheeled under cover for the winter, then wheeled out onto the terrace once frosts have...
    Depending whether different levels i.e. steps are involved, what about repotting them into half-barrels on wheels? All my citrus trees and a fair few tender shrubs and trees are grown in them so they can be wheeled under cover for the winter,...
    Depending whether different levels i.e. steps are involved, what about repotting them into half-barrels on wheels? All my citrus trees and a fair few tender shrubs and trees are grown in them so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. DazzerLancs

Poorly Kumquat

I'm on the lookout for a decent sweet orange at a sensible price, but they always seem to be large plants at stupid prices.
    I'm on the lookout for a decent sweet orange at a sensible price, but they always seem to be large plants at stupid prices.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. DazzerLancs

Olive tree

Well if it's growing alright I'd leave well alone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. EamonnB

Echium Piinana

You have two so let one flower next spring and remove the tip from the other and keep us informed of what it does. Depending on where you live, then after one has flowered you will never be...
    You have two so let one flower next spring and remove the tip from the other and keep us informed of what it does. Depending on where you live, then after one has flowered you will never be without them again.
    You have two so let one flower next spring and remove the tip from the other and keep us informed of what it does. Depending on where you live, then after one has flowered you will never be without them again.
    You have two so let one flower next spring and remove the tip from the other and keep us informed of what it does. Depending on where you live, then after one has flowered you will never be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nor

What is this strange growth on my trachy?

Thank you @wiseowl - I couldn't figure out how to do that :)Thanks everyone- I'm glad it's just a flower and nothing to worry about. I thought the plant has become diseased.
    Thank you @wiseowl - I couldn't figure out how to do that :)Thanks everyone- I'm glad it's just a flower and nothing to worry about. I thought the plant has become diseased.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. burnie

Epiphyllum 2023

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria
    Like x 3

Hamelia patens

I repotted The General as I call it a couple of months ago and it looks good in The Courtyard where it gets lots of sun ...The stems are attractive too ...
    I repotted The General as I call it a couple of months ago and it looks good in The Courtyard where it gets lots of sun ...The stems are attractive too ...
    Hamelia patens 27 Jul 22.jpg Hamelia patens 31 May 23.jpg Hamelia patens2 31 May 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TheDee

Dicksonia Antarctica

Thanks for the info. I was feeling very guilty, that id maybe killed a hundred year old fern. Good to know i may not be entirely to blame. I was counting on grafting a new fern on top, but it...
    Thanks for the info. I was feeling very guilty, that id maybe killed a hundred year old fern. Good to know i may not be entirely to blame. I was counting on grafting a new fern on top, but it seems that may not be viable.
    Thanks for the info. I was feeling very guilty, that id maybe killed a hundred year old fern. Good to know i may not be entirely to blame. I was counting on grafting a new fern on top, but it seems that may not be viable.
    Thanks for the info. I was feeling very guilty, that id maybe killed a hundred year old fern. Good to know i may not be entirely to blame. I was counting on grafting a new fern on top, but it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

NEWLY BOUGHT TREE FERN

I've not looked specifically at Tree Ferns but all the bigger tender plants that I like have certainly shot up in price over the last couple of years.
    I've not looked specifically at Tree Ferns but all the bigger tender plants that I like have certainly shot up in price over the last couple of years.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice