Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Richard360

Any one own a coffee plant

I have put mine outside - just been trying to empty the house. But it hates this cold weather, the top leaves have gone brown and are rotting - so its inside again.
    I have put mine outside - just been trying to empty the house. But it hates this cold weather, the top leaves have gone brown and are rotting - so its inside again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sal73

Ricinus seeds

Joolz , wait.... to my expirience they tend to have roots rotting very easy in cold and wet .
    Joolz , wait.... to my expirience they tend to have roots rotting very easy in cold and wet .
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sal73
    Like x 8

Horror Plants

I would love to be able to get hold of some of those Aristolochias. Have seen Hydnora in the wild. It is a parasite that attaches itself to the roots of plants - mainly Acacia trees. You don't...
    I would love to be able to get hold of some of those Aristolochias. Have seen Hydnora in the wild. It is a parasite that attaches itself to the roots of plants - mainly Acacia trees. You don't see the plant at all. Only the flower (if you can call it that :yikes:) emerges from the soil.
    I would love to be able to get hold of some of those Aristolochias. Have seen Hydnora in the wild. It is a parasite that attaches itself to the roots of plants - mainly Acacia trees. You don't see the plant at all. Only the flower (if you can...
    I would love to be able to get hold of some of those Aristolochias. Have seen Hydnora in the wild. It is a parasite that attaches itself to the roots of plants - mainly Acacia trees. You don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Tropical_Gaz
    Like x 10

Singapore

Very nice report and little bit joules because I love to travel and swimming is my favorite hobby. I never go there but not it is in my list for my upcoming tour. I wish to swim in an infinity...
    Very nice report and little bit joules because I love to travel and swimming is my favorite hobby. I never go there but not it is in my list for my upcoming tour. I wish to swim in an infinity pool.Above Ground Pools
    Very nice report and little bit joules because I love to travel and swimming is my favorite hobby. I never go there but not it is in my list for my upcoming tour. I wish to swim in an infinity pool.Above Ground Pools
    Very nice report and little bit joules because I love to travel and swimming is my favorite hobby. I never go there but not it is in my list for my upcoming tour. I wish to swim in an infinity...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sal73

Arisaema

One already flowered, I can't find the rest!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sirius

Musa basjoo

Seems that Musa has been slow this season because of the cold spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sal73
    Like x 4

Suran

coolsox , that was a new experiment and the spring didn`t help at all , no one know what would happen and so far I still don`t have a new bulb out yet .... but in case we can always try again
    coolsox , that was a new experiment and the spring didn`t help at all , no one know what would happen and so far I still don`t have a new bulb out yet .... but in case we can always try again
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mowgley

One day!

I like it, but I can't ever see me spending 6 hours a day every day in the garden :wow:
    I like it, but I can't ever see me spending 6 hours a day every day in the garden :wow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. strictlyorganic

bamboo??

Cheers thank you! Lovely pic btw
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk
    Like x 3

Alternative Alstros!

I can believe it! One of my cats is a right clumsy sod! But he is catching the odd squirrel lately so I let him off!Bomarea is easy (if slow) from seed. Plant World Seeds is where I got mine.
    I can believe it! One of my cats is a right clumsy sod! But he is catching the odd squirrel lately so I let him off!Bomarea is easy (if slow) from seed. Plant World Seeds is where I got mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sirius
    Like x 7

Trachycarpus

It looks a lot smaller than in the pot. Hopefully it won't take too long to get going.
    It looks a lot smaller than in the pot. Hopefully it won't take too long to get going.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Polinizator

Argyreia nervosa

I`ve never growed one as it`s a really slow grower and the roots are really invasive ....really can help ...but welcome to the forum
    I`ve never growed one as it`s a really slow grower and the roots are really invasive ....really can help ...but welcome to the forum
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. zappamusic2010

Ricinus Communis Carmencita

Dead presumably ... given how poisonous Ricinus are! Seems like a suicidal plant to
    Dead presumably ... given how poisonous Ricinus are! Seems like a suicidal plant to
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hydrogardener

Aeroponic cloning

Six is just about perfect for this type of system.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. longk

Mackaya bella

One of the best new plants this year has been Mackaya bella.....................It set seed and I collected as many as I could (bearing in mind that the pods explode). A trial sowing of ten...
    One of the best new plants this year has been Mackaya bella.....................It set seed and I collected as many as I could (bearing in mind that the pods explode). A trial sowing of ten seeds has so far produced five seedlings at the three week mark.....................As if that's...
    One of the best new plants this year has been Mackaya bella.....................It set seed and I collected as many as I could (bearing in mind that the pods explode). A trial sowing of ten seeds has so far produced five seedlings at the...
    One of the best new plants this year has been Mackaya bella.....................It set seed and I collected as many as I could (bearing in mind that the pods explode). A trial sowing of ten...
    DSC_1323.jpg DSC_1320.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. longk
    Like x 6

What's looking exotic in August 2013

At the start of the year I planted out four Musa Sikkimensis I grew from seed over the winter - Ive just left them to get on with it & they have done really well: -- I was hoping that Musella...
    At the start of the year I planted out four Musa Sikkimensis I grew from seed over the winter - Ive just left them to get on with it & they have done really well: -- I was hoping that Musella Lasiocarpa was going to flower this year, but its not quite gotten too it. It has produced a couple of...
    At the start of the year I planted out four Musa Sikkimensis I grew from seed over the winter - Ive just left them to get on with it & they have done really well: -- I was hoping that Musella Lasiocarpa was going to flower this year, but its...
    At the start of the year I planted out four Musa Sikkimensis I grew from seed over the winter - Ive just left them to get on with it & they have done really well: -- I was hoping that Musella...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Coolsox
    Like x 4

Aristolochia trilobata

Coolsox, Very nice. I love this genus for its wierd flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. hydrogardener

Ecbolium viride - Green Ice Crossandra

Thank you ever so much hydrogarden , the nice thing about using the forum is that we never stop learning new trick , let me see if i can find one ;)
    Thank you ever so much hydrogarden , the nice thing about using the forum is that we never stop learning new trick , let me see if i can find one ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Coolsox

Bilbergia nutans variegata

I had two large pots of B Nutans Var and decided to split them up last June. They had leaf damage from being put out too early and got frosted and didn't look to good, I now have about 15 small...
    I had two large pots of B Nutans Var and decided to split them up last June. They had leaf damage from being put out too early and got frosted and didn't look to good, I now have about 15 small ones in 9cm pots, some with a little root and some without. I waited till the flowers had long...
    I had two large pots of B Nutans Var and decided to split them up last June. They had leaf damage from being put out too early and got frosted and didn't look to good, I now have about 15 small ones in 9cm pots, some with a little root and some...
    I had two large pots of B Nutans Var and decided to split them up last June. They had leaf damage from being put out too early and got frosted and didn't look to good, I now have about 15 small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Richard360

Nepenthes 'Ventrata' monkey pitcher

Warmth and humidity are the key to keeping Nepenthes pitchers going.I personally don't think you need to feed the pitchers. In fact, if you overfeed, it will hasten their demise. There will...
    Warmth and humidity are the key to keeping Nepenthes pitchers going.I personally don't think you need to feed the pitchers. In fact, if you overfeed, it will hasten their demise. There will probably be a few fungus gnats in the soil and any other bugs they might catch is more than enough...
    Warmth and humidity are the key to keeping Nepenthes pitchers going.I personally don't think you need to feed the pitchers. In fact, if you overfeed, it will hasten their demise. There will probably be a few fungus gnats in the soil and any...
    Warmth and humidity are the key to keeping Nepenthes pitchers going.I personally don't think you need to feed the pitchers. In fact, if you overfeed, it will hasten their demise. There will...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice