... and several years' wait !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Ian Taylor

Australian tree fern

mine have kept all the fronds on this year so far, but getting a bit fed up of wrapping them up when I think frost is on the way , but doesn't take long to do.
    mine have kept all the fronds on this year so far, but getting a bit fed up of wrapping them up when I think frost is on the way , but doesn't take long to do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. HarryS

Bamboo , Cutting back ?

Thanks Sirius , I'll just keep tidying it up like last year. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. aways987

Favorite hardy banana variety

Kristen - very nice to see an objective appraisal from knowledge. My only experience so far is Ensete 'Murelii', which I love - especially its colour. Maurelii doesn't pup - but last autumn I...
    Kristen - very nice to see an objective appraisal from knowledge. My only experience so far is Ensete 'Murelii', which I love - especially its colour. Maurelii doesn't pup - but last autumn I cut one into 4 quarters. It now has lots of growing points and potential new plants.
    Kristen - very nice to see an objective appraisal from knowledge. My only experience so far is Ensete 'Murelii', which I love - especially its colour. Maurelii doesn't pup - but last autumn I cut one into 4 quarters. It now has lots of...
    Kristen - very nice to see an objective appraisal from knowledge. My only experience so far is Ensete 'Murelii', which I love - especially its colour. Maurelii doesn't pup - but last autumn I...
    2014_03110001.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jenny namaste

Caesalpinia pulcherrima Compton

Thanks! We'll talk in a few weeks regarding Salvias (by way of return).
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. daz and debs

banana man

Flippin' 'eck BM, long time no see!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mowgley

Lycoris radiata (Red Spider Lily)

Not so much grow as bake the bulbs. Plenty of water from above when you put the pot out too I think is your best chance of success.
    Not so much grow as bake the bulbs. Plenty of water from above when you put the pot out too I think is your best chance of success.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Richard360

Growing taro root

Taro (or Colocasia esculenta) is said to be the oldest known cultivated crop. Wikipedia quotes it as being cultivated in India earlier than 5000 BC. I bought some of the larger variety from a...
    Taro (or Colocasia esculenta) is said to be the oldest known cultivated crop. Wikipedia quotes it as being cultivated in India earlier than 5000 BC. I bought some of the larger variety from a West Indian stall in Bradford market, and the lady there said that she shredded it and added it to...
    Taro (or Colocasia esculenta) is said to be the oldest known cultivated crop. Wikipedia quotes it as being cultivated in India earlier than 5000 BC. I bought some of the larger variety from a West Indian stall in Bradford market, and the lady...
    Taro (or Colocasia esculenta) is said to be the oldest known cultivated crop. Wikipedia quotes it as being cultivated in India earlier than 5000 BC. I bought some of the larger variety from a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ian Taylor

Arrow Bamboo

Have a look here:I have bought quite a few bamboo from them. Good quality and the owner always gives good advice, and is very helpful.
    Have a look here:I have bought quite a few bamboo from them. Good quality and the owner always gives good advice, and is very helpful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sal73
    Like x 6

Clianthus surprise

I got seeds from mine last year. I'll start them off in the next week as I recall Kristen wanted one too.
    I got seeds from mine last year. I'll start them off in the next week as I recall Kristen wanted one too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Madahhlia

Delonix regia, Flamboyant

Hi Kristen - will do
    Hi Kristen - will do
    Hi Kristen - will do
    Hi Kristen - will do
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. aways987

Building a tropical garden in Essex

Looking good aways! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Ian Taylor

Thinking of doing a Tropical Garden

:sad:Take over your neighbour's garden(s)?!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73
    Like x 13

Moving my garden

Excellent stuff Sal, you have the space you need to make use of all the plants.. it'll be interesting to see it when everything is grown up too :D
    Excellent stuff Sal, you have the space you need to make use of all the plants.. it'll be interesting to see it when everything is grown up too :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. stephenprudence
    Like x 7

Tropical border (again)

Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come back. I think I did read that they are annual/short lived perennials somewhere. Victoria - have...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come back. I think I did read that they are...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. flowerfairy

Roebellenii palm

Where is it situated ? It could be not enough or too much light, too dry? they should never dry out even in winter.
    Where is it situated ? It could be not enough or too much light, too dry? they should never dry out even in winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. RocketDog

Just took delivery...

It's supposed to be a well behaved variety, clump forming, not too tall, copes with thinning out and trimming if required and suitable for small gardens. I did a fair bit of research before...
    It's supposed to be a well behaved variety, clump forming, not too tall, copes with thinning out and trimming if required and suitable for small gardens. I did a fair bit of research before choosing one because I know some grow and spread like mad!The mature ones in pictures do arch/flop over...
    It's supposed to be a well behaved variety, clump forming, not too tall, copes with thinning out and trimming if required and suitable for small gardens. I did a fair bit of research before choosing one because I know some grow and spread like...
    It's supposed to be a well behaved variety, clump forming, not too tall, copes with thinning out and trimming if required and suitable for small gardens. I did a fair bit of research before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bilbo675
    Like x 4

I Got Myself Another Banana

We're lucky to have the market here as well as a couple of farm shops, a couple of florists that stock a lot of plants and one of my favourite shops is half a grocery type store and half gardening...
    We're lucky to have the market here as well as a couple of farm shops, a couple of florists that stock a lot of plants and one of my favourite shops is half a grocery type store and half gardening items with a fantastic array of plants outside which are added to every Tuesday and Thursday, his...
    We're lucky to have the market here as well as a couple of farm shops, a couple of florists that stock a lot of plants and one of my favourite shops is half a grocery type store and half gardening items with a fantastic array of plants outside...
    We're lucky to have the market here as well as a couple of farm shops, a couple of florists that stock a lot of plants and one of my favourite shops is half a grocery type store and half gardening...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. mowgley

Schefflera

Lol , Mogwley that`s a Shefflera arboricola , no frost resistend but will tollerate -4c , overall seen many of them all over London ..... I would love to buy a taiwanian for my new garden , finger...
    Lol , Mogwley that`s a Shefflera arboricola , no frost resistend but will tollerate -4c , overall seen many of them all over London ..... I would love to buy a taiwanian for my new garden , finger cross that should be a garden show near by and Crug farm shold be there
    Lol , Mogwley that`s a Shefflera arboricola , no frost resistend but will tollerate -4c , overall seen many of them all over London ..... I would love to buy a taiwanian for my new garden , finger cross that should be a garden show near by and...
    Lol , Mogwley that`s a Shefflera arboricola , no frost resistend but will tollerate -4c , overall seen many of them all over London ..... I would love to buy a taiwanian for my new garden , finger...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. dmg1969

Help identifying plant

Thank you very much, Victoria! I appreciate it.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice