I shall share a photo later.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Scotkat

Orchids

Yesterday I fed all my Orchids some with just growth feed. And Orchids in bloom used Orchid bloom feed. Next time I will feed them shall be end of January.
    Yesterday I fed all my Orchids some with just growth feed. And Orchids in bloom used Orchid bloom feed. Next time I will feed them shall be end of January.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk
    Like x 7

Taxodium distichum

Just googled the "knees" - if it does that it's dead!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. miraflores

Akebia quinata

I have one but it doesn't look anything like as spectacular as this and has never fruited. I'm jealous!
    I have one but it doesn't look anything like as spectacular as this and has never fruited. I'm jealous!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Angelina
    Like x 6

First brugmansia in my life germinated :))

Brilliant Angelina. Brugmansias don't seem to mind the cold, so you could find that it will continue to flower until it is hit by frost. Sadly I had to cut off loads of flower buds when I put them...
    Brilliant Angelina. Brugmansias don't seem to mind the cold, so you could find that it will continue to flower until it is hit by frost. Sadly I had to cut off loads of flower buds when I put them in a shed for the winter. You will probably now appreciate that Brugmansia flowers on the apical...
    Brilliant Angelina. Brugmansias don't seem to mind the cold, so you could find that it will continue to flower until it is hit by frost. Sadly I had to cut off loads of flower buds when I put them in a shed for the winter. You will probably now...
    Brilliant Angelina. Brugmansias don't seem to mind the cold, so you could find that it will continue to flower until it is hit by frost. Sadly I had to cut off loads of flower buds when I put them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. PeterS

Is this wise ?

Recent research has shown that cannabis smoking has a greater deleterious effect if done when a teenager than when older. It isn't to do with length of time it's been used but the fact that it...
    Recent research has shown that cannabis smoking has a greater deleterious effect if done when a teenager than when older. It isn't to do with length of time it's been used but the fact that it affects the maturing of the brain. It causes more permanent disorientation.
    Recent research has shown that cannabis smoking has a greater deleterious effect if done when a teenager than when older. It isn't to do with length of time it's been used but the fact that it affects the maturing of the brain. It causes more...
    Recent research has shown that cannabis smoking has a greater deleterious effect if done when a teenager than when older. It isn't to do with length of time it's been used but the fact that it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Tropical_Gaz
    Like x 9

A video of our garden

:thud: :love30: :love30: :love30: I was expecting David Attenborough to pop out from behind a plant. I am in total awe!!!
    :thud: :love30: :love30: :love30: I was expecting David Attenborough to pop out from behind a plant. I am in total awe!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. liliana

Commelina Dianthifolia

I have never grown this plant before, so thought I would give it a go. :ideaIPB: I Have 7 plants in my conservatory, and for the past 2 months have started happily flowering away. :yes:. How long can I...
    I have never grown this plant before, so thought I would give it a go. :ideaIPB: I Have 7 plants in my conservatory, and for the past 2 months have started happily flowering away. :yes:. How long can I expect them to keep flowering,Do I cut them back/do they die down by themselves?, any information would...
    I have never grown this plant before, so thought I would give it a go. :ideaIPB: I Have 7 plants in my conservatory, and for the past 2 months have started happily flowering away. :yes:. How long can I expect them to keep flowering,Do I cut them back/do...
    I have never grown this plant before, so thought I would give it a go. :ideaIPB: I Have 7 plants in my conservatory, and for the past 2 months have started happily flowering away. :yes:. How long can I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Salamander

ideas on creating a new tropical looking garden

Thank you - much appreciated advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Wylie
    Like x 9

What's looking exotic in November 2012

Cool enough now for them not to be an issue I think. On the plus side I still have a few left, and the ones that I lost were very useful in as much as everything else was left alone.
    Cool enough now for them not to be an issue I think. On the plus side I still have a few left, and the ones that I lost were very useful in as much as everything else was left alone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PeterS
    Like x 10

Cannas - 10 things you didn't know

Strictly speaking edible ginger, I think, is Zingiber officinale, as opposed to the ornamental gingers that are various species of Hedychium. But they are all the same family and closely related.
    Strictly speaking edible ginger, I think, is Zingiber officinale, as opposed to the ornamental gingers that are various species of Hedychium. But they are all the same family and closely related.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bilbo675
    Like x 8

What's Looking Exotic in October 2012

See also: What's looking exotic in November 2012 What's Looking Good - Month-by-month Index
    See also: What's looking exotic in November 2012 What's Looking Good - Month-by-month Index
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ARMANDII
    Like x 9

KITCHEN JUNGLE 2012

Ah yes, you've mentioned that before, sorry forgot. Quite!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73

Banana Rajapuri seeds

Years ago I`ve managed to germinate banana rajapuri from a banana bought in a shop , don`t ask how I lost the plants as I still feel stupid. Anyway bought some more bananas last week and the seeds...
    Years ago I`ve managed to germinate banana rajapuri from a banana bought in a shop , don`t ask how I lost the plants as I still feel stupid. Anyway bought some more bananas last week and the seeds are actually tiny smaller then before and they are coming from Ghana and not from Thailnad as...
    Years ago I`ve managed to germinate banana rajapuri from a banana bought in a shop , don`t ask how I lost the plants as I still feel stupid. Anyway bought some more bananas last week and the seeds are actually tiny smaller then before and they...
    Years ago I`ve managed to germinate banana rajapuri from a banana bought in a shop , don`t ask how I lost the plants as I still feel stupid. Anyway bought some more bananas last week and the seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sal73
    Like x 7

Tony`s Tropicals plants

Tony is Legend :dbgrtmb: Plus he plays the Squeeze box and trumpet :wub2: TOP MAN
    Tony is Legend :dbgrtmb: Plus he plays the Squeeze box and trumpet :wub2: TOP MAN
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. stephenprudence

Carport subtropical climber idea

looks lovely and will be gorgus covered in scented flower :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73
    Like x 5

Acquascaping

I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish and eat all the plants . those are the public anemy number one....the most aggressive of all...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish and eat all the plants . those are the public...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sal73
    Like x 4

Musa tropicana

You mean I got something right ?? :dancy:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tropical_Gaz
    Like x 13

Autumn in our garden

yup, I have bubble wrap up all year round. Don't need it in summer, but it is too much of a pain to keep taking down, and then putting back up.
    yup, I have bubble wrap up all year round. Don't need it in summer, but it is too much of a pain to keep taking down, and then putting back up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sal73
    Like x 3

Exotic cuttings swap anyone?

If anyone has any spare I would really like some Persian Shield - Strobilanthes dyerianus
    If anyone has any spare I would really like some Persian Shield - Strobilanthes dyerianus
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice