Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Kristen

Solanum Laciniatum / Kangaroo Apple

Kristen what about one of thisis that impressive enough? another one on my growing list for next year is (again) cyphomandra corymbiflora the hardy tomato tree.
    Kristen what about one of thisis that impressive enough? another one on my growing list for next year is (again) cyphomandra corymbiflora the hardy tomato tree.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. JWK

Exotic seed swap anyone?

LINK to the Cuttings Thread, just in case anyone needs it
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. joolz68

Tropical theme ideas plz gang

Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have...
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have a lot of stock online last time i looked.
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have a lot of stock online last time i looked.
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kristen
    Like x 6

What's looking exotic in September 2012

:blue thumb: I'm sure the fact they are undercover from rain will make the big difference.
    :blue thumb: I'm sure the fact they are undercover from rain will make the big difference.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sal73
    Like x 7

How to grow a Pinapple

In case anyone would love to grow a virtual free tropical plant this is how is done. Select a nice and healty plant , avoid large pinapple from the caribbean or hawaii , then pinch one of the...
    In case anyone would love to grow a virtual free tropical plant this is how is done. Select a nice and healty plant , avoid large pinapple from the caribbean or hawaii , then pinch one of the middle leaves and try to pull one off , if the leave will come off then avoid that one and get a fresh...
    In case anyone would love to grow a virtual free tropical plant this is how is done. Select a nice and healty plant , avoid large pinapple from the caribbean or hawaii , then pinch one of the middle leaves and try to pull one off , if the leave...
    In case anyone would love to grow a virtual free tropical plant this is how is done. Select a nice and healty plant , avoid large pinapple from the caribbean or hawaii , then pinch one of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. clueless1

'Jungle' plants for cool shade.

Helleborus for winter interest?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. averil

Pomegranate

The trees around me are positively heaving with fruit at the moment, better than most years and we have had a very dry summer. We also had one of our driest winters ever when normally we get...
    The trees around me are positively heaving with fruit at the moment, better than most years and we have had a very dry summer. We also had one of our driest winters ever when normally we get torrents of rain ready for the summer drought. I love pomegrate juice but cannot stand to eat the...
    The trees around me are positively heaving with fruit at the moment, better than most years and we have had a very dry summer. We also had one of our driest winters ever when normally we get torrents of rain ready for the summer drought. I...
    The trees around me are positively heaving with fruit at the moment, better than most years and we have had a very dry summer. We also had one of our driest winters ever when normally we get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bilbo675

Best Chance of Success with Banana Seeds?

Bent but not to bent according to Our EU friends :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though still might give it a go. I too have seen the superbum on jungle seeds and i like the zebra a too!
    Bent but not to bent according to Our EU friends :lunapic 130165696578242 5: Seriously though still might give it a go. I too have seen the superbum on jungle seeds and i like the zebra a too!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sal73

Nordic Moss

I likes Liverworts:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kristen
    Like x 3

Planning Seed Varieties for Exotic Border

The "skirt" seemed a lot narrower than that, more like Nicotiana glauca - except that I thought the foliage looked "normal" for Nicotiana, and Nicotiana glauca has different foliage. Maybe I just...
    The "skirt" seemed a lot narrower than that, more like Nicotiana glauca - except that I thought the foliage looked "normal" for Nicotiana, and Nicotiana glauca has different foliage. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention to the leaves!
    The "skirt" seemed a lot narrower than that, more like Nicotiana glauca - except that I thought the foliage looked "normal" for Nicotiana, and Nicotiana glauca has different foliage. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention to the leaves!
    The "skirt" seemed a lot narrower than that, more like Nicotiana glauca - except that I thought the foliage looked "normal" for Nicotiana, and Nicotiana glauca has different foliage. Maybe I just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. pete
    Like x 7

What's looking exotic in August 2012

Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here (frost pocket). Depending on the winter it should be relatively hardy but as we had -8/9c here last...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here (frost pocket). Depending on the winter it should...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sal73

Tropical pips

few updates galangalthai marantapapayachayoteginger
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73
    Like x 4

Tropical Nursery Bargains in Bedford

Added :-
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. pete
    Like x 5

Cycas revoluta

The fact that it is colder and frostier here than Weymouth means I have to rethink the hardiness of what I plant now. If I am to get -8/9cs, again some plants are definitely out. The less plants I...
    The fact that it is colder and frostier here than Weymouth means I have to rethink the hardiness of what I plant now. If I am to get -8/9cs, again some plants are definitely out. The less plants I have to dig up and overwinter the better. I've lost two Cycas now so I won't risk them again, much...
    The fact that it is colder and frostier here than Weymouth means I have to rethink the hardiness of what I plant now. If I am to get -8/9cs, again some plants are definitely out. The less plants I have to dig up and overwinter the better. I've...
    The fact that it is colder and frostier here than Weymouth means I have to rethink the hardiness of what I plant now. If I am to get -8/9cs, again some plants are definitely out. The less plants I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jared lecouteur

easy to grow?

Zantedeschia aethiopica. Various colour forms (the standard white, pale pink, pale green) and some forms get bigger than others.
    Zantedeschia aethiopica. Various colour forms (the standard white, pale pink, pale green) and some forms get bigger than others.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. al n
    Like x 8

Took delivery of my jungle!!

Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from...
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from now when I come to do my front garden! :blue thumb:
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from now when I come to do my front garden! :blue thumb:
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73

Banana Montbeliardii

Sorry guys no website , it`s an old nursery under new ownership , I`ll take the camera with me today and will ask if I can take few pictures , they are restocking every week so really don`t know...
    Sorry guys no website , it`s an old nursery under new ownership , I`ll take the camera with me today and will ask if I can take few pictures , they are restocking every week so really don`t know what they will have, usually some plant don`t even make the shelves as the trolly are empty out...
    Sorry guys no website , it`s an old nursery under new ownership , I`ll take the camera with me today and will ask if I can take few pictures , they are restocking every week so really don`t know what they will have, usually some plant don`t even...
    Sorry guys no website , it`s an old nursery under new ownership , I`ll take the camera with me today and will ask if I can take few pictures , they are restocking every week so really don`t know...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. clum111

Orchid Propagation?

Thanks for your replies. I've managed to get hold of the RHS Orchid book and the Encyclepedia of Orchids, so I'm working my way through those because I'm finding some of my other orchids require...
    Thanks for your replies. I've managed to get hold of the RHS Orchid book and the Encyclepedia of Orchids, so I'm working my way through those because I'm finding some of my other orchids require different conditions, i.e. light, cool, shade, sun. Wished I'd never started:snork:
    Thanks for your replies. I've managed to get hold of the RHS Orchid book and the Encyclepedia of Orchids, so I'm working my way through those because I'm finding some of my other orchids require different conditions, i.e. light, cool, shade,...
    Thanks for your replies. I've managed to get hold of the RHS Orchid book and the Encyclepedia of Orchids, so I'm working my way through those because I'm finding some of my other orchids require...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HYDROGEN86

Should i divide this canna?

the best year I had when I had about 6 inches of well rotted horse muck on them and like Bilbo fed them non stop , then they all caught the virus :help::cry3: Spruce
    the best year I had when I had about 6 inches of well rotted horse muck on them and like Bilbo fed them non stop , then they all caught the virus :help::cry3: Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

Red Banana Plants

No Sirius , you will receive a mummyfied roots , all the plants on that cataloque are dormant rizhomas , in nature many plants are dry them self in the dry season and come back with the monson season.
    No Sirius , you will receive a mummyfied roots , all the plants on that cataloque are dormant rizhomas , in nature many plants are dry them self in the dry season and come back with the monson season.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice