Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. sal73

Madagascar plants

Longk,Those Impatiens are really unusual!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. JWK

Exotic plants in Lidl - Musa Basjoo

Bilbo I`m sure that your £2.50 musa will look great near the other musa you already have or even better near the bananas puppy that all the musa are producing after all this rain :dbgrtmb:. Now that I...
    Bilbo I`m sure that your £2.50 musa will look great near the other musa you already have or even better near the bananas puppy that all the musa are producing after all this rain :dbgrtmb:. Now that I remember i bough another musa just because I was thinking to plant in the soil and see how will it come...
    Bilbo I`m sure that your £2.50 musa will look great near the other musa you already have or even better near the bananas puppy that all the musa are producing after all this rain :dbgrtmb:. Now that I remember i bough another musa just because I was...
    Bilbo I`m sure that your £2.50 musa will look great near the other musa you already have or even better near the bananas puppy that all the musa are producing after all this rain :dbgrtmb:. Now that I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk
    Like x 5

Brugmansia sanguinea

I'm only talking about B. sanguinea, I'm sure most of the large flowered ones we are growing would prefer more sunshine as long as they get plenty of moisture
    I'm only talking about B. sanguinea, I'm sure most of the large flowered ones we are growing would prefer more sunshine as long as they get plenty of moisture
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. keithhampson

Growing Phoenix canariensis

I had one a few years ago, but it didn't do too well. They get very big, so ideally, should be in the ground. But our winters are too cold for them, so they should get some sort of protection.
    I had one a few years ago, but it didn't do too well. They get very big, so ideally, should be in the ground. But our winters are too cold for them, so they should get some sort of protection.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. averil
    Like x 4

I'm really chuffed! ~Thanks

We're all learning from each other!! Wayne
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. pete
    Like x 4

Strelitzia and friends.

Thats my problem Pete, I am what i call a "fluffy" gardener.I have nearly everything in pots and a very small area for growing directly into the soil. I am never armed with a spade :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Thats my problem Pete, I am what i call a "fluffy" gardener.I have nearly everything in pots and a very small area for growing directly into the soil. I am never armed with a spade :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. averil

Brug worry ....again!

Not really - if it doesn't flower you can just take cuttings and flog them on ebay for £13 a time. Simples!
    Not really - if it doesn't flower you can just take cuttings and flog them on ebay for £13 a time. Simples!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Banana Man
    Like x 10

Banana Man`s Hideout May 2012...

Cor thats some garden. Kinda puts my geraniums in the shade :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. pete
    Like x 12

What's looking exotic in June.

Oooops, sorry Kristen!! You are so politea proper gent sir, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Victoria

Brugmansia problem

We all need bigger greenhouses:) Especially this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Wayne
    Like x 6

Alan's Brugmansia Hurstwood Elinor

It is so pretty. I guess those are the species that I only get to enjoy watching from far, far away. It is too hot here. Thanks for sharing.
    It is so pretty. I guess those are the species that I only get to enjoy watching from far, far away. It is too hot here. Thanks for sharing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. averil

brugmansia herrenhauser garten

Tks Wayne, I shall give it my best shot
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. longk

Phanaenopsis noids in bloom

Quite a few of the houseplants have sulked since the move, especially the orchids. A couple have thrived though............. This is one of my favourites..............
    Quite a few of the houseplants have sulked since the move, especially the orchids. A couple have thrived though............. This is one of my favourites..............
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. longk

Tricyrtis lasiocarpa from seed

I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to go about germinating them? I've grown Tricyrtis in the past and have always needed to give them a...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to go about germinating them? I've grown Tricyrtis...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. longk
    Like x 4

Ceropegia sandersonii

It almost rewards you for neglect - mine seems to produce the aerial tubers over the winter when I withhold water.
    It almost rewards you for neglect - mine seems to produce the aerial tubers over the winter when I withhold water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Madahhlia

Tropaeolum Speciosum

Far better than I ever got!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. rustyroots

Hellebore Niger.

Hi Rr I would leave the flowerheads on to self seed but you can cut away the old leaves from last year but leave the fresh new leaves that have grown this year. Spruce
    Hi Rr I would leave the flowerheads on to self seed but you can cut away the old leaves from last year but leave the fresh new leaves that have grown this year. Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sal73
    Like x 7

My tropical garden so far

excellent, love the way pic no 4 looks now from when you started :SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. averil

BRUGMANSIA EMERGENCY!!!!!!

Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt realise there was warm and cold groups :scratch:. Ive repotted him but into a mixture of multi with some john...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt realise there was warm and cold groups :scratch:. Ive repotted...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Wayne
    Like x 4

Brugmansia's at Kew Gardens

Absolutely gorgeous!!!... and heres little ole me so chuffed cos ive managed to germinate a sanguinea seed. No doubt it will be as huge as those, this time next year :snork:
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!... and heres little ole me so chuffed cos ive managed to germinate a sanguinea seed. No doubt it will be as huge as those, this time next year :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice