1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. wiseowl

Carp

Wow!.....what beautiful fish....worth a pretty penny I bet:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tropical_Gaz

Raised pond under construction - a few tips please

Trout taste nice.
    Trout taste nice.
    Trout taste nice.
    Trout taste nice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. seeker of knowledge

My Water Garden

Hi lollypop..love the name by the way.. no I have never thought of showing my koi, actually catching them is a feat of art, I find, let alone the hassle that must be involved in showing them,...
    Hi lollypop..love the name by the way.. no I have never thought of showing my koi, actually catching them is a feat of art, I find, let alone the hassle that must be involved in showing them, and think if one died while on route somewhere. no mine are very happy, just being admired by me !!
    Hi lollypop..love the name by the way.. no I have never thought of showing my koi, actually catching them is a feat of art, I find, let alone the hassle that must be involved in showing them, and think if one died while on route somewhere. no...
    Hi lollypop..love the name by the way.. no I have never thought of showing my koi, actually catching them is a feat of art, I find, let alone the hassle that must be involved in showing them,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gillypetunia

Water Lillies - more!

Very pretty, well done! Do you know the names of them? I might get a pink or red one to go with my white one (N. alba). I also quite fancied a colour changing one... I wonder if it matters...
    Very pretty, well done! Do you know the names of them? I might get a pink or red one to go with my white one (N. alba). I also quite fancied a colour changing one... I wonder if it matters too much if they aren't deadheaded cos I've got rather a large pond to be reaching across!
    Very pretty, well done! Do you know the names of them? I might get a pink or red one to go with my white one (N. alba). I also quite fancied a colour changing one... I wonder if it matters too much if they aren't deadheaded cos I've got...
    Very pretty, well done! Do you know the names of them? I might get a pink or red one to go with my white one (N. alba). I also quite fancied a colour changing one... I wonder if it matters...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Maurice

Water Lilies

You could give some to your friends always nice to have something from another gardener. My garden is full of plants with a story attached. Some were cuttings but we won't go into that.
    You could give some to your friends always nice to have something from another gardener. My garden is full of plants with a story attached. Some were cuttings but we won't go into that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. HYCOMFG

Canadian Pond weed (elodea) control

Roundup is aproved for use on aquatic plants and is reasnably effective, however i tend to agree with wallnut.As with all pesticides and herbicides, you should follow the instructions as per...
    Roundup is aproved for use on aquatic plants and is reasnably effective, however i tend to agree with wallnut.As with all pesticides and herbicides, you should follow the instructions as per dose, The manufacture's carefully calculate the dose rate and doubling the dose is usually...
    Roundup is aproved for use on aquatic plants and is reasnably effective, however i tend to agree with wallnut.As with all pesticides and herbicides, you should follow the instructions as per dose, The manufacture's carefully calculate the...
    Roundup is aproved for use on aquatic plants and is reasnably effective, however i tend to agree with wallnut.As with all pesticides and herbicides, you should follow the instructions as per...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Little Miss Road Rage

Wildlife Pond

Believe it or not ducks are the worst thing for a domestic wild lfe pond. They "dump" every where and with their feet going at ten to the dozen they can soon stir up a shallow pond.Been to a...
    Believe it or not ducks are the worst thing for a domestic wild lfe pond. They "dump" every where and with their feet going at ten to the dozen they can soon stir up a shallow pond.Been to a nice garden centre earlier this year, they sell duck food so you can feed the ducks, (they will take it...
    Believe it or not ducks are the worst thing for a domestic wild lfe pond. They "dump" every where and with their feet going at ten to the dozen they can soon stir up a shallow pond.Been to a nice garden centre earlier this year, they sell duck...
    Believe it or not ducks are the worst thing for a domestic wild lfe pond. They "dump" every where and with their feet going at ten to the dozen they can soon stir up a shallow pond.Been to a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. fred1935

Odd Goldfish

Thank you, I can understand your concern re upkeep but mine was built with mainly recycled matterials. The tank I had to buy second hand and eventually after trying many small pumps I did buy...
    Thank you, I can understand your concern re upkeep but mine was built with mainly recycled matterials. The tank I had to buy second hand and eventually after trying many small pumps I did buy the smallest one I could find with a filter and uv light, it works a treat and keeps the pond lovely...
    Thank you, I can understand your concern re upkeep but mine was built with mainly recycled matterials. The tank I had to buy second hand and eventually after trying many small pumps I did buy the smallest one I could find with a filter and uv...
    Thank you, I can understand your concern re upkeep but mine was built with mainly recycled matterials. The tank I had to buy second hand and eventually after trying many small pumps I did buy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Boveytracey

Self sufficient pond

Boveytracey any chance of a picture?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. rickyjim

superb water features

"Oh Dear!! You people are so cynical!"The original poster has ONE post : this free advertisementrickyjim joined yesterday, made one post at 08:48 PM and hasn't returned since ("Last Activity:...
    "Oh Dear!! You people are so cynical!"The original poster has ONE post : this free advertisementrickyjim joined yesterday, made one post at 08:48 PM and hasn't returned since ("Last Activity: Yesterday 08:48 PM")The following was posted on GardenBanter yesterday:hi everyone i was...
    "Oh Dear!! You people are so cynical!"The original poster has ONE post : this free advertisementrickyjim joined yesterday, made one post at 08:48 PM and hasn't returned since ("Last Activity: Yesterday 08:48 PM")The following was posted on...
    "Oh Dear!! You people are so cynical!"The original poster has ONE post : this free advertisementrickyjim joined yesterday, made one post at 08:48 PM and hasn't returned since ("Last Activity:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. The Nut

pump power

in short, you should choose a pump that is capable of delivering a reasonable amount of water to the required height (4 feet in your case)most pumps have a flow graph on the boxas for how...
    in short, you should choose a pump that is capable of delivering a reasonable amount of water to the required height (4 feet in your case)most pumps have a flow graph on the boxas for how much water it depends on how wide the feature isusualy the left is height the bottom is LPM...
    in short, you should choose a pump that is capable of delivering a reasonable amount of water to the required height (4 feet in your case)most pumps have a flow graph on the boxas for how much water it depends on how wide the feature...
    in short, you should choose a pump that is capable of delivering a reasonable amount of water to the required height (4 feet in your case)most pumps have a flow graph on the boxas for how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. borrowers

Solar water feature

mine has run dry loads of times and its still going strong and only tap water
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. evelyn

water crystals?

Are you sure they're water crystals? Maybe a slug left them behind after laying them.:eek:
    Are you sure they're water crystals? Maybe a slug left them behind after laying them.:eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. intermiplants

fish at work

:D:D dont be giving me ideas:thumb: dont know much about the price of fish apart from the chippy is gettin expensive but some of these must be worth a few bob....hel would love to get my fishing...
    :D:D dont be giving me ideas:thumb: dont know much about the price of fish apart from the chippy is gettin expensive but some of these must be worth a few bob....hel would love to get my fishing rod out think ill ask the gaffer this one is a monster ..watch this space im going to put my...
    :D:D dont be giving me ideas:thumb: dont know much about the price of fish apart from the chippy is gettin expensive but some of these must be worth a few bob....hel would love to get my fishing rod out think ill ask the gaffer this one is a...
    :D:D dont be giving me ideas:thumb: dont know much about the price of fish apart from the chippy is gettin expensive but some of these must be worth a few bob....hel would love to get my fishing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. vikpole

replacement solar pump

Vik, check the Blagdon and Lotus websites, see what they advise.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. roders

My new pond plant..

I was wondering where the leaves were :o
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. cliff1959

Copper water feature at Chelsea Show

Sounds interesting. Let us know if you find it online.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. men8ifr

Cost of runnign a pump/filter - do they need to run24/7?

would it not be easier / better to not link to the index page but the actual page you mean?and i have to disagree with the reasons of you theory.Yes, timing how long it takes to fill a...
    would it not be easier / better to not link to the index page but the actual page you mean?and i have to disagree with the reasons of you theory.Yes, timing how long it takes to fill a known container (say 1 litre) will give the flow rate of what ever (tap in your case) but that is of no...
    would it not be easier / better to not link to the index page but the actual page you mean?and i have to disagree with the reasons of you theory.Yes, timing how long it takes to fill a known container (say 1 litre) will give the flow rate...
    would it not be easier / better to not link to the index page but the actual page you mean?and i have to disagree with the reasons of you theory.Yes, timing how long it takes to fill a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. men8ifr

Where best to get photo ideas for a small water feature/pond

:D:D:D Nope.. Have just spent hrs looking at the sight..!!!!:D:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. hollyhock

Where have all the tadpoles gone?

We have some. Then again we don't have fish or frogs or anything to eat them!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice