1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. FANCY

Water Iris

So there is hope for mine yet. I had one in the garden that flowered, it was almost hidden so I potted it up, put it in the pond and hey presto, no flowers last year. I have three seperate pots...
    So there is hope for mine yet. I had one in the garden that flowered, it was almost hidden so I potted it up, put it in the pond and hey presto, no flowers last year. I have three seperate pots of them now in different locations, one being in the pond, here's hoping.
    So there is hope for mine yet. I had one in the garden that flowered, it was almost hidden so I potted it up, put it in the pond and hey presto, no flowers last year. I have three seperate pots of them now in different locations, one being in...
    So there is hope for mine yet. I had one in the garden that flowered, it was almost hidden so I potted it up, put it in the pond and hey presto, no flowers last year. I have three seperate pots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tangle

Artificial Fish Shelter

My pond has had a visit by a heron, we have put a terracotta plant pot in the bottom for the fish to hide. At the moment they are feeling very nervous and not coming up for feeding...Its all very...
    My pond has had a visit by a heron, we have put a terracotta plant pot in the bottom for the fish to hide. At the moment they are feeling very nervous and not coming up for feeding...Its all very sad !
    My pond has had a visit by a heron, we have put a terracotta plant pot in the bottom for the fish to hide. At the moment they are feeling very nervous and not coming up for feeding...Its all very sad !
    My pond has had a visit by a heron, we have put a terracotta plant pot in the bottom for the fish to hide. At the moment they are feeling very nervous and not coming up for feeding...Its all very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lintama

Making a pond

A pond is a wonderful thing to have. I dug mine out to max depth of 35" concreted the bottom and 3 coat rendered the sides. I then purchased chopped straw mat, resin, hardener and some cheap...
    A pond is a wonderful thing to have. I dug mine out to max depth of 35" concreted the bottom and 3 coat rendered the sides. I then purchased chopped straw mat, resin, hardener and some cheap brushes. The method is the same as boat building. 1/ Mix a portion of resin and hardener, paint this...
    A pond is a wonderful thing to have. I dug mine out to max depth of 35" concreted the bottom and 3 coat rendered the sides. I then purchased chopped straw mat, resin, hardener and some cheap brushes. The method is the same as boat building. 1/...
    A pond is a wonderful thing to have. I dug mine out to max depth of 35" concreted the bottom and 3 coat rendered the sides. I then purchased chopped straw mat, resin, hardener and some cheap...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. B.J.J.

Garden Watermills

enlarged picture is too small. novel idea but only for the niche market, some people begrudge paying £40 for the filter. Also how long will yours last?
    enlarged picture is too small. novel idea but only for the niche market, some people begrudge paying £40 for the filter. Also how long will yours last?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. fmay

My water garden

:thumb:Stunning fmay....pretty unique I'd say:cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sezzle

Pond plants in containers or planted out?

We started off with our plants in containers but they still outgrew them at a stupid rate and were difficult to divide and separate so now they are loose and can be divided as necessary.
    We started off with our plants in containers but they still outgrew them at a stupid rate and were difficult to divide and separate so now they are loose and can be divided as necessary.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lyn

Starting a new pond

Thanks all. I am pleased with it. Not perfect but O.K for and old granny.:D I didn't want it to look to kept, if you no what I mean. I don't clean the moss off the rocks etc. I'm growing the...
    Thanks all. I am pleased with it. Not perfect but O.K for and old granny.:D I didn't want it to look to kept, if you no what I mean. I don't clean the moss off the rocks etc. I'm growing the acer and a few other plants for shade. Being south facing it can get very hot in the sun. I...
    Thanks all. I am pleased with it. Not perfect but O.K for and old granny.:D I didn't want it to look to kept, if you no what I mean. I don't clean the moss off the rocks etc. I'm growing the acer and a few other plants for shade. Being...
    Thanks all. I am pleased with it. Not perfect but O.K for and old granny.:D I didn't want it to look to kept, if you no what I mean. I don't clean the moss off the rocks etc. I'm growing the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lyn

My fish don't seem to well

Lyn, how are your fish getting on? i do hope they are all ok & that the sick ones are now better. Sorry to hear that one died. cheers
    Lyn, how are your fish getting on? i do hope they are all ok & that the sick ones are now better. Sorry to hear that one died. cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. nickp

Help with my pond ....

i never said or mentioned balanced.i also saidI am saying no matter what the colour is if there are wildlife visiting it, enjoy it
    i never said or mentioned balanced.i also saidI am saying no matter what the colour is if there are wildlife visiting it, enjoy it
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mattd

building new pond

thanks all great advice
    thanks all great advice
    thanks all great advice
    thanks all great advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lyn

The tadpoles have disappeared

No, I've just been out to check and we've still got millions of them. I daren't clear any weed out the pond because they are eerywhere:rolleyes:
    No, I've just been out to check and we've still got millions of them. I daren't clear any weed out the pond because they are eerywhere:rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lazy-gardener

bubble pond -my new thoughts!!

i went on a short break to Wales about 3 weeks ago, called into Stapley on the way back, even though they are just getting things ready for 2008 (revamping old water features) it still looked nice
    i went on a short break to Wales about 3 weeks ago, called into Stapley on the way back, even though they are just getting things ready for 2008 (revamping old water features) it still looked nice
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Honey Bee

Murky Water

Uv lamps should be changed once a year, also the quartz sleeve should be cleaned too
    Uv lamps should be changed once a year, also the quartz sleeve should be cleaned too
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. gardenlearner

turf over pond liner

Hi gardenlearner you could try putting a layer of top soil down first on top of the bricks and liner with the edge of the grass just touching the water, that way you create a slope for frogs and...
    Hi gardenlearner you could try putting a layer of top soil down first on top of the bricks and liner with the edge of the grass just touching the water, that way you create a slope for frogs and beetleregards siham
    Hi gardenlearner you could try putting a layer of top soil down first on top of the bricks and liner with the edge of the grass just touching the water, that way you create a slope for frogs and beetleregards siham
    Hi gardenlearner you could try putting a layer of top soil down first on top of the bricks and liner with the edge of the grass just touching the water, that way you create a slope for frogs and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wiseowl

Water Lilies

I'm really relieved about the comments about them taking a while to get going - I thought mine was a goner, it's looking quite sulky but I guess it's just a teenager (in water lily years) and it's...
    I'm really relieved about the comments about them taking a while to get going - I thought mine was a goner, it's looking quite sulky but I guess it's just a teenager (in water lily years) and it's to be expected!
    I'm really relieved about the comments about them taking a while to get going - I thought mine was a goner, it's looking quite sulky but I guess it's just a teenager (in water lily years) and it's to be expected!
    I'm really relieved about the comments about them taking a while to get going - I thought mine was a goner, it's looking quite sulky but I guess it's just a teenager (in water lily years) and it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Madrat

What is my Newt

no you dont have to tell anyone as its only the cresterd newt thats protected
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. weekend gardener

garden pond moulds

Well we have the pond back in again. my husband made a kind of wooden support for the side that wanted filling in but it took that long to do then when he started to fill in with sand, he hadn't...
    Well we have the pond back in again. my husband made a kind of wooden support for the side that wanted filling in but it took that long to do then when he started to fill in with sand, he hadn't got enough so it was back to the shop for some more, then when he came back i filled it little more...
    Well we have the pond back in again. my husband made a kind of wooden support for the side that wanted filling in but it took that long to do then when he started to fill in with sand, he hadn't got enough so it was back to the shop for some...
    Well we have the pond back in again. my husband made a kind of wooden support for the side that wanted filling in but it took that long to do then when he started to fill in with sand, he hadn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lyn

Is it time to put pond plants in?

The frogs insist on going into my Koi pond they are ok at present the Koi are just starting to feed when they are in full appetite mode they eat the frogs or anything that enters the pond, I am...
    The frogs insist on going into my Koi pond they are ok at present the Koi are just starting to feed when they are in full appetite mode they eat the frogs or anything that enters the pond, I am forever fishing them out and putting them into the wildlife pond.
    The frogs insist on going into my Koi pond they are ok at present the Koi are just starting to feed when they are in full appetite mode they eat the frogs or anything that enters the pond, I am forever fishing them out and putting them into the...
    The frogs insist on going into my Koi pond they are ok at present the Koi are just starting to feed when they are in full appetite mode they eat the frogs or anything that enters the pond, I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tangle

Any disadvantage to an over-rated pump?

Hi again Tangle. Having checked out your filter (Oase Biotec 5)it seems perfectly capable of handling what you already have. I would however be careful before adding more fish as filter ratings...
    Hi again Tangle. Having checked out your filter (Oase Biotec 5)it seems perfectly capable of handling what you already have. I would however be careful before adding more fish as filter ratings can be misleading. The phrase `up to` is key in this regard. If I were you I`d add a decent U/V to the...
    Hi again Tangle. Having checked out your filter (Oase Biotec 5)it seems perfectly capable of handling what you already have. I would however be careful before adding more fish as filter ratings can be misleading. The phrase `up to` is key in this...
    Hi again Tangle. Having checked out your filter (Oase Biotec 5)it seems perfectly capable of handling what you already have. I would however be careful before adding more fish as filter ratings...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lintama

Making a natural !?!? pond

http://www.stroudvalleysproject.org/CamPeakPond.html?name=CAMPOND Our pond was empty within weeks when the livestock were moved away.The clay dried and cracked at the waterline because the Cow's...
    http://www.stroudvalleysproject.org/CamPeakPond.html?name=CAMPOND Our pond was empty within weeks when the livestock were moved away.The clay dried and cracked at the waterline because the Cow's hooves had kept it puddled as they drank.
    http://www.stroudvalleysproject.org/CamPeakPond.html?name=CAMPOND Our pond was empty within weeks when the livestock were moved away.The clay dried and cracked at the waterline because the Cow's hooves had kept it puddled as they drank.
    http://www.stroudvalleysproject.org/CamPeakPond.html?name=CAMPOND Our pond was empty within weeks when the livestock were moved away.The clay dried and cracked at the waterline because the Cow's...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice