Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Royster
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jay

non-pond pond plants

Well I'm actually going out for a change, off to Bolton to thoroughly enjoy myself then stay in a posh hotel I found cheap online, lol! And I deserve it!! :D
    Well I'm actually going out for a change, off to Bolton to thoroughly enjoy myself then stay in a posh hotel I found cheap online, lol! And I deserve it!! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Garden Apprentice

How to find a Pond leak

might just have to drain,however if you think the birds done it it must be near the top,?
    might just have to drain,however if you think the birds done it it must be near the top,?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Whiley

Overgrown pond - how to convert it to a happy pond?

We collect rainwater to water the garden with from the roof on the other side of the house. The rain collects in a huge underground cistern from where hubby pumps it up via some sort of suction...
    We collect rainwater to water the garden with from the roof on the other side of the house. The rain collects in a huge underground cistern from where hubby pumps it up via some sort of suction pump (can't think of the name at the mo)and into another one of these big black builders tubs. From...
    We collect rainwater to water the garden with from the roof on the other side of the house. The rain collects in a huge underground cistern from where hubby pumps it up via some sort of suction pump (can't think of the name at the mo)and into...
    We collect rainwater to water the garden with from the roof on the other side of the house. The rain collects in a huge underground cistern from where hubby pumps it up via some sort of suction...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pom pom

water feature

Hi and welcome Pompom I made one from a large terracota pot which I painted with yacht varnish inside and out - hubby cleverly drilled a hole near the top for the cable. Put a couple of plants...
    Hi and welcome Pompom I made one from a large terracota pot which I painted with yacht varnish inside and out - hubby cleverly drilled a hole near the top for the cable. Put a couple of plants in, a spitting fish a few slates rounde the edge and hay presto!!! Oh, I forgot to mention...
    Hi and welcome Pompom I made one from a large terracota pot which I painted with yacht varnish inside and out - hubby cleverly drilled a hole near the top for the cable. Put a couple of plants in, a spitting fish a few slates rounde the...
    Hi and welcome Pompom I made one from a large terracota pot which I painted with yacht varnish inside and out - hubby cleverly drilled a hole near the top for the cable. Put a couple of plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Celia

Ponds

Totally disagree! Solar power is getting better and cheaper all the time, and 12v is 12v wherever it comes from. We should all be installing solar panels to supplement mains electricity! :cool:
    Totally disagree! Solar power is getting better and cheaper all the time, and 12v is 12v wherever it comes from. We should all be installing solar panels to supplement mains electricity! :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jay

Started my pond today...

thanks r
    thanks r
    thanks r
    thanks r
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Ghollum

Pond Vac

I bought one of those diddy pond vacs that run off the tap. Only prob - my pond is 'diddy' too so there's hardly enough room to move it around! Does suck up a little bit of stuff but never...
    I bought one of those diddy pond vacs that run off the tap. Only prob - my pond is 'diddy' too so there's hardly enough room to move it around! Does suck up a little bit of stuff but never bothered last year or this and the pond seems fine without the intervention. I haven't got any fish.
    I bought one of those diddy pond vacs that run off the tap. Only prob - my pond is 'diddy' too so there's hardly enough room to move it around! Does suck up a little bit of stuff but never bothered last year or this and the pond seems fine...
    I bought one of those diddy pond vacs that run off the tap. Only prob - my pond is 'diddy' too so there's hardly enough room to move it around! Does suck up a little bit of stuff but never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. cobbybrook

Pond skaters

Thanks - that solves that little puzzle, then! ;)I think what really baffled me was the fact that they only appeared with the construction of the bigger pond - I wonder if they like a...
    Thanks - that solves that little puzzle, then! ;)I think what really baffled me was the fact that they only appeared with the construction of the bigger pond - I wonder if they like a particular amount of 'open' water? The same was true for the damselflies... :rolleyes:
    Thanks - that solves that little puzzle, then! ;)I think what really baffled me was the fact that they only appeared with the construction of the bigger pond - I wonder if they like a particular amount of 'open' water? The same was true for...
    Thanks - that solves that little puzzle, then! ;)I think what really baffled me was the fact that they only appeared with the construction of the bigger pond - I wonder if they like a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. chkm8

update on the wildlife pond

:D :D Awwww Brilliant Rich...... :D :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. cobbybrook

New pond

Hi Honey BeeThis latest pond is pond number 4 in our garden! The first two were very small and eventually left to become small bog/swamp areas and I built a little bridge to cross over this...
    Hi Honey BeeThis latest pond is pond number 4 in our garden! The first two were very small and eventually left to become small bog/swamp areas and I built a little bridge to cross over this area. Pond number 3 was bigger, but I rapidly realised that it wasn't big enough! This pond still exists...
    Hi Honey BeeThis latest pond is pond number 4 in our garden! The first two were very small and eventually left to become small bog/swamp areas and I built a little bridge to cross over this area. Pond number 3 was bigger, but I rapidly realised...
    Hi Honey BeeThis latest pond is pond number 4 in our garden! The first two were very small and eventually left to become small bog/swamp areas and I built a little bridge to cross over this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. beemeruser

re-lining pond

Some good thoughts-thanks very much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paul72

Pond from scratch, advice please

Ah yes the blanket weed Rich....I wish I had a pound for every hour Ive sat beside the pond twirling a bamboo cane in it and dragging it out!!! Cant actually think of a nicer way to spend a warm...
    Ah yes the blanket weed Rich....I wish I had a pound for every hour Ive sat beside the pond twirling a bamboo cane in it and dragging it out!!! Cant actually think of a nicer way to spend a warm evening than messing about by the water :D K8..buy yourself a childs fishing net (about a pound...
    Ah yes the blanket weed Rich....I wish I had a pound for every hour Ive sat beside the pond twirling a bamboo cane in it and dragging it out!!! Cant actually think of a nicer way to spend a warm evening than messing about by the water :D ...
    Ah yes the blanket weed Rich....I wish I had a pound for every hour Ive sat beside the pond twirling a bamboo cane in it and dragging it out!!! Cant actually think of a nicer way to spend a warm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. fiwi

Can you id this pond life?

We noticed at scout camp, many many years ago that the boys that washed kept getting bitten and those that didn't wash didn't get bitten.Other than that I can't say I've noticed a gender thing.
    We noticed at scout camp, many many years ago that the boys that washed kept getting bitten and those that didn't wash didn't get bitten.Other than that I can't say I've noticed a gender thing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Poppy33

Grass snakes in the pond

Thanks Chobart for you reply, thats cheered me up...don't mind the snake passing by for the occasional snack. Quite a beautiful creature but would like a few Newts left. Yes there do seem to be...
    Thanks Chobart for you reply, thats cheered me up...don't mind the snake passing by for the occasional snack. Quite a beautiful creature but would like a few Newts left. Yes there do seem to be less frogs this year, mine all spawned in Feb and then we had some sharp frosts and the pond froze...
    Thanks Chobart for you reply, thats cheered me up...don't mind the snake passing by for the occasional snack. Quite a beautiful creature but would like a few Newts left. Yes there do seem to be less frogs this year, mine all spawned in Feb and...
    Thanks Chobart for you reply, thats cheered me up...don't mind the snake passing by for the occasional snack. Quite a beautiful creature but would like a few Newts left. Yes there do seem to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. fiwi

Mini pond and wildlife

you can still have lots of fun with your balcony water feature, I have a large pond and also a stone trough, its just as much fun to watch the insects and birds visiting the trough for a drink....
    you can still have lots of fun with your balcony water feature, I have a large pond and also a stone trough, its just as much fun to watch the insects and birds visiting the trough for a drink. How high up is your balcony?
    you can still have lots of fun with your balcony water feature, I have a large pond and also a stone trough, its just as much fun to watch the insects and birds visiting the trough for a drink. How high up is your balcony?
    you can still have lots of fun with your balcony water feature, I have a large pond and also a stone trough, its just as much fun to watch the insects and birds visiting the trough for a drink....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. rosa

no room for a pond

by the way all cannot reveal were the water is coming from on the labrador dog water feature use your own imajination from rosa
    by the way all cannot reveal were the water is coming from on the labrador dog water feature use your own imajination from rosa
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Tangle

Pond = ?????

Rosco - did you have your "caps lock" on? All caps is known as SHOUTING in forum speak!!!!!
    Rosco - did you have your "caps lock" on? All caps is known as SHOUTING in forum speak!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Chrissie

Garden Pond

If a pond freezes over and you have fish in it don't be tempted to break the ice with a hammer. It will send a shockwave through the water which can stun or kill fish that are on a low (winter)...
    If a pond freezes over and you have fish in it don't be tempted to break the ice with a hammer. It will send a shockwave through the water which can stun or kill fish that are on a low (winter) metabalisim.An average pump will normally add sufficient heat and circulation to keep a portion of...
    If a pond freezes over and you have fish in it don't be tempted to break the ice with a hammer. It will send a shockwave through the water which can stun or kill fish that are on a low (winter) metabalisim.An average pump will normally add...
    If a pond freezes over and you have fish in it don't be tempted to break the ice with a hammer. It will send a shockwave through the water which can stun or kill fish that are on a low (winter)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Phill

Help with a Pond

OOh Really!! Thats great! I've never grown roses before but was planning on having a rambler somewhere in the garden!
    OOh Really!! Thats great! I've never grown roses before but was planning on having a rambler somewhere in the garden!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice