1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Gizmo

Pond pumps

:hapfeet:Many thanks for your help and advice:hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Looby-Lou

Where to start? Pond refurb - any advice welcome, please!

I think that's why it' was banned from sale in 2014.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ricky101

Pond Location.. ?

When we lived in Pebbles, Bexhill the terrain was very steep and we made a couple of wildlife ponds with a stream in between in the front garden that was bigger than the back one so could take it...
    When we lived in Pebbles, Bexhill the terrain was very steep and we made a couple of wildlife ponds with a stream in between in the front garden that was bigger than the back one so could take it easily....I would use some rocks around yours to give it some different levels where you could also...
    When we lived in Pebbles, Bexhill the terrain was very steep and we made a couple of wildlife ponds with a stream in between in the front garden that was bigger than the back one so could take it easily....I would use some rocks around yours to...
    When we lived in Pebbles, Bexhill the terrain was very steep and we made a couple of wildlife ponds with a stream in between in the front garden that was bigger than the back one so could take it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gizmo

smelly pond water

Thankyou for your replys With any garden that you want a wildlife pond in you have to decide on the size of pond. We have taken advice about depth of pond due to various reasons. How many critters...
    Thankyou for your replys With any garden that you want a wildlife pond in you have to decide on the size of pond. We have taken advice about depth of pond due to various reasons. How many critters you can have etc Preformed ponds has shelves but some are tiny small and large with the area we...
    Thankyou for your replys With any garden that you want a wildlife pond in you have to decide on the size of pond. We have taken advice about depth of pond due to various reasons. How many critters you can have etc Preformed ponds has shelves but...
    Thankyou for your replys With any garden that you want a wildlife pond in you have to decide on the size of pond. We have taken advice about depth of pond due to various reasons. How many critters...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gizmo

garden ponds in general

I had a raised pond built by my garage it started small but the fish grew so I had to make it a lot bigger, it was 12’ long 3’ wide and 4’ deep. It was easier to maintain and the kids could see...
    I had a raised pond built by my garage it started small but the fish grew so I had to make it a lot bigger, it was 12’ long 3’ wide and 4’ deep. It was easier to maintain and the kids could see the fish better, I still had herons but never needed a net we even gained 2 bream from somewhere, I...
    I had a raised pond built by my garage it started small but the fish grew so I had to make it a lot bigger, it was 12’ long 3’ wide and 4’ deep. It was easier to maintain and the kids could see the fish better, I still had herons but never needed...
    I had a raised pond built by my garage it started small but the fish grew so I had to make it a lot bigger, it was 12’ long 3’ wide and 4’ deep. It was easier to maintain and the kids could see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gizmo

wooden raised fish pond

I have a preformed pond and used rocks at one end to create a rocky ramp for anyone who falls in to clamber out. There are small gaps between the rocks that could create sheltering spots for any...
    I have a preformed pond and used rocks at one end to create a rocky ramp for anyone who falls in to clamber out. There are small gaps between the rocks that could create sheltering spots for any pond inhabitants who wish to use them. Can't comment on pumps as don't have one.
    I have a preformed pond and used rocks at one end to create a rocky ramp for anyone who falls in to clamber out. There are small gaps between the rocks that could create sheltering spots for any pond inhabitants who wish to use them. Can't...
    I have a preformed pond and used rocks at one end to create a rocky ramp for anyone who falls in to clamber out. There are small gaps between the rocks that could create sheltering spots for any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Gizmo

green slim on pond

thanks for your replys the pond is at the end of the garden beside the shed it does get sun and shade , we would like fish etc in pond but none at the moment , i was advised by a family member to...
    thanks for your replys the pond is at the end of the garden beside the shed it does get sun and shade , we would like fish etc in pond but none at the moment , i was advised by a family member to put in barley straw extract weekly, the plants have been in approx 2 months why would the issue be...
    thanks for your replys the pond is at the end of the garden beside the shed it does get sun and shade , we would like fish etc in pond but none at the moment , i was advised by a family member to put in barley straw extract weekly, the plants...
    thanks for your replys the pond is at the end of the garden beside the shed it does get sun and shade , we would like fish etc in pond but none at the moment , i was advised by a family member to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Andrea Thackeray

WATER BUBBLES for my dragon

yes, I've been looking at these; just wasn't sure about size. Using 3 outlets and getting a reasonable flow is something to consider, but as I only want some bubbles it might work.
    yes, I've been looking at these; just wasn't sure about size. Using 3 outlets and getting a reasonable flow is something to consider, but as I only want some bubbles it might work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Brian L

Heron deterrant wanted but not netting ??

We've got a wire fence around the edge of our koi pond. The heron needs to be able to land on something to attack the fish. The heron can't stand around the edge with our wire fencing so we have...
    We've got a wire fence around the edge of our koi pond. The heron needs to be able to land on something to attack the fish. The heron can't stand around the edge with our wire fencing so we have never had any heron issues, however, a lot of other neighbours have had heron issues.
    We've got a wire fence around the edge of our koi pond. The heron needs to be able to land on something to attack the fish. The heron can't stand around the edge with our wire fencing so we have never had any heron issues, however, a lot of...
    We've got a wire fence around the edge of our koi pond. The heron needs to be able to land on something to attack the fish. The heron can't stand around the edge with our wire fencing so we have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hoofy

Solar water pump advice for garden feature

That problem had occurred to me. What I'm thinking of doing is getting the pump this weekend and setting it all up so I can see how much splash I'm going to get, then find a solution from there....
    That problem had occurred to me. What I'm thinking of doing is getting the pump this weekend and setting it all up so I can see how much splash I'm going to get, then find a solution from there. Your loo cistern idea looks like something to consider if I do have a problem.
    That problem had occurred to me. What I'm thinking of doing is getting the pump this weekend and setting it all up so I can see how much splash I'm going to get, then find a solution from there. Your loo cistern idea looks like something to...
    That problem had occurred to me. What I'm thinking of doing is getting the pump this weekend and setting it all up so I can see how much splash I'm going to get, then find a solution from there....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. roders
    Like x 5

Fish feeding time.

Yeah mine are similar @roders . The only time I get to see mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Doghouse Riley
    Like x 7

Koi Pool Close Down

Looks lovely. Seeing this thread had given me the final push to re-home our Koi and fill in the pond. I inherited it from the previous owner but just do not have the time or money to do it justice!
    Looks lovely. Seeing this thread had given me the final push to re-home our Koi and fill in the pond. I inherited it from the previous owner but just do not have the time or money to do it justice!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sienna's Blossom
    Like x 9

Our little pond :)

Lovely.
    Lovely.
    Lovely.
    Lovely.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sienna's Blossom

Where to buy Pond Plants

Hope you post some pictures soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sienna's Blossom

Aquatic Compost alternatives?

Water mint, water forget me not, small lily, flag iris, flowering rush and oxygenating ranunculus. I'm so excited, hopefully get it planted up over the weekend and can post some pics.I also...
    Water mint, water forget me not, small lily, flag iris, flowering rush and oxygenating ranunculus. I'm so excited, hopefully get it planted up over the weekend and can post some pics.I also want to get some angels fishing rods to plant in the border next to the pond:spring:
    Water mint, water forget me not, small lily, flag iris, flowering rush and oxygenating ranunculus. I'm so excited, hopefully get it planted up over the weekend and can post some pics.I also want to get some angels fishing rods to plant in the...
    Water mint, water forget me not, small lily, flag iris, flowering rush and oxygenating ranunculus. I'm so excited, hopefully get it planted up over the weekend and can post some pics.I also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. garmcqui

Best method for automatically switching on garden pump...

Hi,Whatever switch sensor you use be aware that your pump takes 650w or more at 240v.Seems many such switches only have a much lower current handling so will need a 'slave' relay rated at 5...
    Hi,Whatever switch sensor you use be aware that your pump takes 650w or more at 240v.Seems many such switches only have a much lower current handling so will need a 'slave' relay rated at 5 to 10 amps .Perhaps the flow switches below could be used ? though again you will need a slave...
    Hi,Whatever switch sensor you use be aware that your pump takes 650w or more at 240v.Seems many such switches only have a much lower current handling so will need a 'slave' relay rated at 5 to 10 amps .Perhaps the flow switches below could...
    Hi,Whatever switch sensor you use be aware that your pump takes 650w or more at 240v.Seems many such switches only have a much lower current handling so will need a 'slave' relay rated at 5...
    000292.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. KentishGardener

Goldfish in a nature pond

Welcome to GC, a nature or wildlife pond should never have fish in it, they will eat spawn, tadpoles and newt eggs. You need to remove all of them if you can.
    Welcome to GC, a nature or wildlife pond should never have fish in it, they will eat spawn, tadpoles and newt eggs. You need to remove all of them if you can.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Max6389

Water lily identification

Does anyone know variety of water lily? Have 4 in a small wildlife pond.
    1A68205B-655E-4405-A083-87412C5A5A27.jpeg F29CCE8D-2D40-4704-A198-BEB3FBEECBFF.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. mazambo

Water feature pump

A little spout would be ideal, I don't really like solar to be honest, I've seen a jebao pump 450 lph with a flow regulator I'm thinking maybe that would be ok?
    A little spout would be ideal, I don't really like solar to be honest, I've seen a jebao pump 450 lph with a flow regulator I'm thinking maybe that would be ok?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kezhouse

Filling in pond, making nature pond

I would remove all the bricks clear out and fit a new liner. The liner would be tucked under the bricks. Then clean bricks and lay on a sand cement base. It would look very nice as I'm sure this...
    I would remove all the bricks clear out and fit a new liner. The liner would be tucked under the bricks. Then clean bricks and lay on a sand cement base. It would look very nice as I'm sure this one did a few years ago. A Butyl Liner will last very many years and are very tough.
    I would remove all the bricks clear out and fit a new liner. The liner would be tucked under the bricks. Then clean bricks and lay on a sand cement base. It would look very nice as I'm sure this one did a few years ago. A Butyl Liner will last...
    I would remove all the bricks clear out and fit a new liner. The liner would be tucked under the bricks. Then clean bricks and lay on a sand cement base. It would look very nice as I'm sure this...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice