1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. CraigET

Solar powered pond pumps anything fancy

Thanks guys, it’s getting better that’s for sure! Rain water definitely helps, it is in quite an exposed position and obviously the majority of plants are young and or cut back for winter. It’ll...
    Thanks guys, it’s getting better that’s for sure! Rain water definitely helps, it is in quite an exposed position and obviously the majority of plants are young and or cut back for winter. It’ll be a case of wait and see and put a lot more plants in for the surface of the water. It’s getting...
    Thanks guys, it’s getting better that’s for sure! Rain water definitely helps, it is in quite an exposed position and obviously the majority of plants are young and or cut back for winter. It’ll be a case of wait and see and put a lot more plants...
    Thanks guys, it’s getting better that’s for sure! Rain water definitely helps, it is in quite an exposed position and obviously the majority of plants are young and or cut back for winter. It’ll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Snorky85

Maintenance of iris surround pond

Well, it's obviously a mature pond with masses of what looks like Flag Iris around it. Irises foliage will die back some during the Winter, but some will remain. It won't do any harm to the Iris...
    Well, it's obviously a mature pond with masses of what looks like Flag Iris around it. Irises foliage will die back some during the Winter, but some will remain. It won't do any harm to the Iris to thin it out but unless you really want to tidy the pond up I wouldn't cut back the foliage...
    Well, it's obviously a mature pond with masses of what looks like Flag Iris around it. Irises foliage will die back some during the Winter, but some will remain. It won't do any harm to the Iris to thin it out but unless you really want to tidy...
    Well, it's obviously a mature pond with masses of what looks like Flag Iris around it. Irises foliage will die back some during the Winter, but some will remain. It won't do any harm to the Iris...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mike Allen

Water Lilies.

I've been trying to get rid of water lilies for years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Clare G

Ideas to buck up my tired pond please

As far as surface cover goes, I have a Water Chestnut which has grown a lot of roots but little leaf growth and Water Soldier which has remained mainly submerged, the dwarf Water Lily has such...
    As far as surface cover goes, I have a Water Chestnut which has grown a lot of roots but little leaf growth and Water Soldier which has remained mainly submerged, the dwarf Water Lily has such small leaves as to not give much cover.:frown:
    As far as surface cover goes, I have a Water Chestnut which has grown a lot of roots but little leaf growth and Water Soldier which has remained mainly submerged, the dwarf Water Lily has such small leaves as to not give much cover.:frown:
    As far as surface cover goes, I have a Water Chestnut which has grown a lot of roots but little leaf growth and Water Soldier which has remained mainly submerged, the dwarf Water Lily has such...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Irmemac

Barrel Pond Advice

What are your plans for a pond/pool when it come time to upgrade....staying small or going large.
    What are your plans for a pond/pool when it come time to upgrade....staying small or going large.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Clare G
    Like x 4

How I made some aquatic plant bags

Brilliant! They look super. Will have a go at your idea if I add more plants to my barrel pond. You could go into business....
    Brilliant! They look super. Will have a go at your idea if I add more plants to my barrel pond. You could go into business....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. BigC
    Like x 8

Upcycle an old Tractor Tyre

Oh bless darling how did you know
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Howard Stone

Raising lilies in a deep pond

Well we had quite a job of it!! I was given a large Nymphaea Alba, the native one, by a friend. The root was about the size of a small beachball. We planted it in an old laundry basket. It was...
    Well we had quite a job of it!! I was given a large Nymphaea Alba, the native one, by a friend. The root was about the size of a small beachball. We planted it in an old laundry basket. It was heavy as you can imagine. Next day after spending the night in the shallow parts of the pond this...
    Well we had quite a job of it!! I was given a large Nymphaea Alba, the native one, by a friend. The root was about the size of a small beachball. We planted it in an old laundry basket. It was heavy as you can imagine. Next day after spending...
    Well we had quite a job of it!! I was given a large Nymphaea Alba, the native one, by a friend. The root was about the size of a small beachball. We planted it in an old laundry basket. It was...
    IMG_6368aresize.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Russty

Filling large pond

Thanks for your informative reply.This is what I thought. I was hoping that I would be able to cut corners with the lining. But didn’t really expect so.I plan on most of it being lawn and a...
    Thanks for your informative reply.This is what I thought. I was hoping that I would be able to cut corners with the lining. But didn’t really expect so.I plan on most of it being lawn and a small section flower bed. I realise that once eventually filled it will need a long time to settle...
    Thanks for your informative reply.This is what I thought. I was hoping that I would be able to cut corners with the lining. But didn’t really expect so.I plan on most of it being lawn and a small section flower bed. I realise that once...
    Thanks for your informative reply.This is what I thought. I was hoping that I would be able to cut corners with the lining. But didn’t really expect so.I plan on most of it being lawn and a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. glasgowdan

New pond - size and location help please

They're all linked together, lucius, one follows after the other:thumbsup::snorky:
    They're all linked together, lucius, one follows after the other:thumbsup::snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Outlander
    Like x 6

Some babies.

It would seem extremely unlikely that a heron might have found an identical orfe to drop into the pond on the very next day after one actually died, and there didn`t seem to be any other fish...
    It would seem extremely unlikely that a heron might have found an identical orfe to drop into the pond on the very next day after one actually died, and there didn`t seem to be any other fish disturbed or taken. No one else in the village kept golden orfe at the time, and no one had seen any...
    It would seem extremely unlikely that a heron might have found an identical orfe to drop into the pond on the very next day after one actually died, and there didn`t seem to be any other fish disturbed or taken. No one else in the village kept...
    It would seem extremely unlikely that a heron might have found an identical orfe to drop into the pond on the very next day after one actually died, and there didn`t seem to be any other fish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. luciusmaximus

Purple Loosestrife

I put the loosestrife in the pond on a shallow shelf and it looks to be doing ok so far.
    I put the loosestrife in the pond on a shallow shelf and it looks to be doing ok so far.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Outlander

Hardening off marginal pond plants?

Another update:The plants grown from seed all seem to be healthy but are a long way behind the mother plant which has grown stems and is flowering. The baby plants have no stems or flowers. I am...
    Another update:The plants grown from seed all seem to be healthy but are a long way behind the mother plant which has grown stems and is flowering. The baby plants have no stems or flowers. I am wondering if this is normal and I just have to wait or whether that is the downside of growing from...
    Another update:The plants grown from seed all seem to be healthy but are a long way behind the mother plant which has grown stems and is flowering. The baby plants have no stems or flowers. I am wondering if this is normal and I just have to...
    Another update:The plants grown from seed all seem to be healthy but are a long way behind the mother plant which has grown stems and is flowering. The baby plants have no stems or flowers. I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clanless

UV Lights

One further question if I may.Does anyone have underwater lighting?I directed a garden flood light to the top of the pond the other night - and the effect was quite spectacular - that rippling...
    One further question if I may.Does anyone have underwater lighting?I directed a garden flood light to the top of the pond the other night - and the effect was quite spectacular - that rippling light effect you see by swimming pools. I'm just wondering whether underwater lighting would be...
    One further question if I may.Does anyone have underwater lighting?I directed a garden flood light to the top of the pond the other night - and the effect was quite spectacular - that rippling light effect you see by swimming pools. I'm just...
    One further question if I may.Does anyone have underwater lighting?I directed a garden flood light to the top of the pond the other night - and the effect was quite spectacular - that rippling...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Redwing

Pond Snails: can you have too many?

Leave the snails because the life in the pond will balance out after a while. I put 10 Sticklebacks into my pond: the following year there were literally, thousands and thousands of them. A year...
    Leave the snails because the life in the pond will balance out after a while. I put 10 Sticklebacks into my pond: the following year there were literally, thousands and thousands of them. A year later there was just an average number of them and has been ever since.
    Leave the snails because the life in the pond will balance out after a while. I put 10 Sticklebacks into my pond: the following year there were literally, thousands and thousands of them. A year later there was just an average number of them and...
    Leave the snails because the life in the pond will balance out after a while. I put 10 Sticklebacks into my pond: the following year there were literally, thousands and thousands of them. A year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jellyfire

Solar Pumps

Well the pump arrived today. The battery needs an 8 hour charge before I can run it properly but I dipped it in a bucket to test the flow and was pleasantly surprised that it squirted like a...
    Well the pump arrived today. The battery needs an 8 hour charge before I can run it properly but I dipped it in a bucket to test the flow and was pleasantly surprised that it squirted like a hosepipe even when I held it above my head. Remains to see how long the battery runs for or how/if it...
    Well the pump arrived today. The battery needs an 8 hour charge before I can run it properly but I dipped it in a bucket to test the flow and was pleasantly surprised that it squirted like a hosepipe even when I held it above my head. Remains to...
    Well the pump arrived today. The battery needs an 8 hour charge before I can run it properly but I dipped it in a bucket to test the flow and was pleasantly surprised that it squirted like a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wiseowl
    Like x 10

Woos Pond in an old raised bed

Nice to see who i'm speaking to Woo ....raised beds or not your garden still looks smashing
    Nice to see who i'm speaking to Woo ....raised beds or not your garden still looks smashing
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. luciusmaximus

Flag Iris

Hi @luciusmaximus this link may help you mate...if not i hope they flourish my :fingers crossed: are crossed mate :)Planting Flag Iris – Learn About Growing Flag Iris Plants In The Garden
    Hi @luciusmaximus this link may help you mate...if not i hope they flourish my :fingers crossed: are crossed mate :)Planting Flag Iris – Learn About Growing Flag Iris Plants In The Garden
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. intel

Want To Fill In A Pond

I had a raised pond on the patio a few years ago. It had an underlay and a liner. When I decided to make it into a flower bed I removed the water and relocated the insect life and snails. I left...
    I had a raised pond on the patio a few years ago. It had an underlay and a liner. When I decided to make it into a flower bed I removed the water and relocated the insect life and snails. I left underlay and liner in place just cut large slashes through it and left the oxygenator weeds,pebbles,...
    I had a raised pond on the patio a few years ago. It had an underlay and a liner. When I decided to make it into a flower bed I removed the water and relocated the insect life and snails. I left underlay and liner in place just cut large slashes...
    I had a raised pond on the patio a few years ago. It had an underlay and a liner. When I decided to make it into a flower bed I removed the water and relocated the insect life and snails. I left...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. martin-f
    Like x 5

Garden pond number 2

The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover they can find as they travel and eat whatever they can on the way. It's best to let them and Nature...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover they can find as they travel and eat whatever they...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice