1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII

2017 AUTUMN PLANTING FOR 2018 - SPRING SCENT AND COLOUR

The new thread for 2017:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Scudo
    Like x 12

Gardening 1952

I recall buying an old Percy Thrower book at a car boot, the advise for pretty much every disease, fungus was to use DDT!
    I recall buying an old Percy Thrower book at a car boot, the advise for pretty much every disease, fungus was to use DDT!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. philip

When and how much to cut back perennials?

I am glad you mentioned the type of herbaceous perennials you have as most varieties can be cut back either in the Autumn or in the Spring with little difference to the outcome . However,...
    I am glad you mentioned the type of herbaceous perennials you have as most varieties can be cut back either in the Autumn or in the Spring with little difference to the outcome . However, Penstemons not being the hardiest of plants are best left to the Spring to prune unless perhaps you live in...
    I am glad you mentioned the type of herbaceous perennials you have as most varieties can be cut back either in the Autumn or in the Spring with little difference to the outcome . However, Penstemons not being the hardiest of plants are best left...
    I am glad you mentioned the type of herbaceous perennials you have as most varieties can be cut back either in the Autumn or in the Spring with little difference to the outcome . However,...
    IMG_3010.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. "M"
    Like x 3

2016 Autumn planting for 2017 Spring scent and colour.

A new one to me , very pretty . Added it to my wish list for next year , thanks @Anthony Rogers :dbgrtmb:
    A new one to me , very pretty . Added it to my wish list for next year , thanks @Anthony Rogers :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Joyce Esau

To seal or not to seal

I have a problem with that one, my spouse is clueless he's very good at digging up weeds but they're usually my plants, he don't know the difference :runforhills:
    I have a problem with that one, my spouse is clueless he's very good at digging up weeds but they're usually my plants, he don't know the difference :runforhills:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Markymark

Pruning my shrubs...now?

You are indeed correct....I cut it back and found the label ha ha
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ariadae
    Like x 5

Tempted! And gave in ....

Oh dear, @Scrungee, super-reduced bulbs, the weekend I will be home in the UK....:sad::yay::hapydancsmil::yay:
    Oh dear, @Scrungee, super-reduced bulbs, the weekend I will be home in the UK....:sad::yay::hapydancsmil::yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. bigbore
    Like x 4

Visit the african heritage centre solihull

The bird is a western plantain eater ( crinifer piscator)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jjordie

Is it too late to plant mesembryanthemum seeds

Jjordie they can take up to three weeks to germinate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Prkns

Who's going to RHS Tatton Park?

I'm taking my mother and my grandmother on the Friday. It'll be the first time I've gone since I was about 14 so I'm pretty excited.Just wondering who else was going?
    I'm taking my mother and my grandmother on the Friday. It'll be the first time I've gone since I was about 14 so I'm pretty excited.Just wondering who else was going?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. LyndaG

Starting too soon?

Do you think he might like a short 'gardening' break in SW France, Lynda?:whistle::cool:.....He sounds like a lovely, helpful chap:biggrin:
    Do you think he might like a short 'gardening' break in SW France, Lynda?:whistle::cool:.....He sounds like a lovely, helpful chap:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Sow this Poppy Seed

Now that's a pretty poppy (and a good cause). Thank you for posting that woo :blue thumb:
    Now that's a pretty poppy (and a good cause). Thank you for posting that woo :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wiseowl

Sow this Poppy Seed

Poppy 'Victoria Cross',Raise money for the Royal Hospital Chelsea, home of the Chelsea Pensioners, by buying Mr Fothergill's 'Victoria Cross' poppy seeds to mark the centenary of the outbreak...
    Poppy 'Victoria Cross',Raise money for the Royal Hospital Chelsea, home of the Chelsea Pensioners, by buying Mr Fothergill's 'Victoria Cross' poppy seeds to mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War One. Each packet sold donates 25p, raising £24,000 so far.
    Poppy 'Victoria Cross',Raise money for the Royal Hospital Chelsea, home of the Chelsea Pensioners, by buying Mr Fothergill's 'Victoria Cross' poppy seeds to mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War One. Each packet sold donates 25p,...
    Poppy 'Victoria Cross',Raise money for the Royal Hospital Chelsea, home of the Chelsea Pensioners, by buying Mr Fothergill's 'Victoria Cross' poppy seeds to mark the centenary of the outbreak...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. jared lecouteur

best plants to grow at this time of year.

Ah....I can plant peas now, can I?And they will be ready in the Spring?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options