107 days to christmas..

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wildflower, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thats ok Windy.Everyone is entitled to their views on the subject.I agree with you it is a lot of stress and hard work.As I said I haven't got kids,but see how it affects the rest of my family and friends.There doesn't seem any solution to it all.It only the toy sellers that have the laugh on all the poor parents frantcally trying to buy the stuff for their children

Nobody wants to fall out over it [​IMG]

"Merry Christmas and a "Happy New Year" to you and your family.Have a good one [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Merry Christmas to you to Kandy [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
  4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning and merry christmas.
    Kandy you can borrow my youngest daughter Sam she is pregnant and boyfriend doesnt seem to care, she hasnt even got her own place staying with friends as my place is too small, has her name on association properties, the council wont give her a place until after she has had the baby next febuary, what sort of council have we got.
    Yes windy i agree it can be very stressful CHRISTMAS thats why it is better to start early and getting little things in then nearer the time it is less stressful, then you can concentrate on the food. I have 3 birthdays to contend with in december, and not bothered in the least the couples i normally get something between them like last year i got my eldest daughter a capaccino maker and built little bits around that and she loved it as i have my granson nearly 8 in december and they get all the enjoyment of watching him opening his pressies.
    just cant wait for xmas, ive put my decs up in november before just couldnt wait, we went away to thailand last december and i still put my decorations up and had a xmas dinner before we left, the only thing i didnt put up was all my lights on the windows well i couldnt could i we were not coming back until mid january.
    Anyway roll on december so that i can get all my boxes of xmas goodies out and the tree.

5. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    I know Christmas is a beanfeast for manufacturers, and I'm not a committed Christian, but still I love it- all the glitter and sparkles and twinkling lights. My front room looks like a mini Aladdins' cave. I pefer to celebrate Christmas as the ending of the long nights, although February always seems the worst even though it's my birthday month.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Yes liz thats excactly what i love about it, the twinkling of the lights on the xmas tree and i put them above my fire surround around a large mirror above it and all the lights twinkling on my windows, I put a lot of my ornaments away and have all xmas ornaments in their place. [​IMG]

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

look this is what we all can look forward to yum yum i can smell it from here :D :D cant wait

8. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to be a damp squib on this, but I feel happiness from within, I enjoy Christmas and don't need all these artificial - commercialized props to make it happen!

As for covering the front of my house with fairy lights.......... I won't say any more!

There you are, I don't know anybody else who will admit to that, I have had my confession time, and now you can all have a good laugh at my expense!
    Please do, and well it's a bit early but Merry Christmas to you all! ;)

9. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    That looks wonderful rosa, and for me that's all you need and a few presents. ;)

10. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Yes, of course, I forgot to mention the food- and the sloe gin..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I would like lights and sparkles all year round, just like I would like daffodils and lilies and raspberries all year round. Being [nominally at least] an adult I try to recognise that it's more pleasurable to have these things in season!

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Dag couldnt stop laughing when i read your little in put :D :D :D :D see we got you into the spirit of the xmas cheer wishing us all merry christmas

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Poor Dag.What a shame being a wrinkly and not sharing in the decorations and twinkly lights.

I too feel happiness within,but I love all that glittery twinkly stuff.It so much reminds me of the Christmas's my parents provided for us when I was young with the tree and all the trimmings.I came from a very large family,so although it was a big financial struggle just to give us all just a basic Christmas,nothing like it is these days,they managed it.

We used to be in bed by six and would lay awake half the night straining to hear the bells of Santa's sleigh,because we new then we would wake up to some prezzies.
    In those days we even woke up to snow on Christmas morning,something the kids don't have these days.

I do know what everyone means about the expence it is these days,but it doesn't help with parents,thinking they have to buy the earth for them to be happy.

If I had my way the whole country would be lit up permanately,but alas It can only be for a short while...

"Merry Christmas" and a "Happy New year"

From the Kandy Family
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PS.Rosa,you can lend me yours anytime,but you won't get them back.Nobody wants to leave when they come to us.We have to shove them out the door [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy, you have to laugh i am still laughing so dag you did get your wish after all you just sounded sooooooooo funny.
    roll on christmas lets get the twinkly winkly shiney thinggys on all over the room and the windows all lit up

Merry christmas to you all have a good one, going to have great fun with the digi this xmas season and a very merry new year to one and all

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

this shall put a smile on some faces isnt it sparkly

15. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Rosa and Kandy, please don't think that I am a misserable old s**, it's probably something to do with being a wrinkly, born just before the war, didn't get many presents, only what my dad made for me, but they were more valuable to me than shop ones. As I said, I do enjoy Christmas, but think it is far to commercialized, my earliest memories of Christmas were just as good as todays, if not better. My presents were wrapped up in brown paper! That's if they were wrapped up at all!

Spent hours as a child making decorations, otherwise you wouldn't have any, that is the problem I think, you appreciate anything that you have put some effort into, but with the throw away age there is little satisfaction!

Blimey, now I do sound like a misserable old sod!

No Christmas is an enjoyable time, I think you only need all the basics, not all the glitter.