107 days to christmas..

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wildflower, Sep 9, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  3. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Just seen your sparkly picture rosa, just what I was looking for!

:D :D :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Dag this is what you should get for your home that extention should look fantastic decorated with xmas sparkle :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    baaaaaaaaaa hum bug dag , this is why you should make the effort now and enjoy have these lovely things as you are a long time in heaven, enjoy while you can, go on take mrs dag to thehops and buy her some sparkly twinkly light for the house, their is some lovely icicle ones that drape around the house and they are not tacky. :D :D

6. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good idea rosa, perhaps you should come over and give me a few pointers? :D :D

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    See Dag thats what we like to hear, get in the spirit of things wish i lived near you i would even put them up for you :D :D

8. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Rosa, Mrs.DAG is 63 and thinks the same way as me, can't stand all the commercial glitter either!

Everybody has a unique character......... :D :D

9. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Dag, I thought being born at the end of the war, having very few bought toys, and brown paper wrapping like you was why I loved glitter and sparkles so much!
    But I still love anything made specially by someone- my daughter and sister make beautiful cards and my brother in law beautifully turned wood.
    I used to make doll's houses, garages, jigsaws for my daughters when they were little. They thought Fisher Price toys were the epitome of desirability :(

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Dag you need a big Hug.I see you are another Essex boy like Shiney and Hornbeam.

I can see your point of view about Xmas as my Dad was called up to fight in the last war,and money was so tight,that even when I was a kid we had to make paper chains for our decorations and we spent hours sprinkling glitter everywhere,more on ourselves I think.
    We did have a real tree though,and big glass baubles that went on forever.

My Mum and Dad spent all Xmas Eve night wrapping up our prezzies which was usually some Lego, Monoploly or a Compendium of games where you got forty games in a box.We spent hours playing blow football on the dining room table,or tried playing card games with the miniscule pack of cards that came in the box....

Yes they were the good old days...I'm sounding more like a wrinkly now...

I don't envy the youngsters or the parents these days,because we live in a materialistic world,so that is how Xmas is .I dread to think what it will be like when these youngsters grow up.They will want the latest top of the range car or yacht I think...

Have a good one.I shall think of you when I have all my twinkly lights and fibre optic lights on display..It's grand being young
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.Do you think Dag is trying to become our Sugar Daddy now that Shiney has gone to the Lakes?though it all depends on how much lolly he has got.I can see Mrs Dag holding on to the purse strings.It looks like the other two have been frightened off unless they have gone to church :D :D

12. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Liz, I suppose being a boy, I still had the thrill of not knowing what the present was and having to unwrap it, it didn't matter if it was decorated or not to me?

Fancy bows and things are just supernumery! :D :D

Just excuse me Liz, I am just a chip off the old block who really did come through some rough times! ;)

Anyway, I do like to wind rosa up! :D :D

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    yes kandy i do agree with you we had toys just like yours a lady penelope doll was my want and was delighted with it a sewing box which i treasured for years and as i grew up my mother used it for years, dont know what happened to it.
    now kids today are not happy with smaller objects what we got their toys cost hundreds, they want computers, mp3,s expensive bikes, motorised large cars etc
    sure will be thinking of you dag when mine are all twinkling away merely :D :D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

do enjoy a wind up dag as you can see with all this lovely sparkle :D :D :D :D

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

Is santy coming down your chimney christmas eve