1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain 28p for 1Kg Bayer slug pellets, plus other cheap stuff from Homebase online/instore

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Scrungee, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Showing as £1.49 on the shelf edge label in my local Homebase, but online priced at 33p/Clearance, plus there's a further 15% off online 'Garden' orders, getting them down to only 28p with free Click and Collect from your local store.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/bayer-slug-and-snail-killer---1kg-203575

P.S. I try to restrict use of 'nasty stuff' like slug pellets as much as possible to within cold frames, greenhouses and polytunnels so the dying slugs are away from birds and hedgehogs. Oh and I forgot about inside my car where every year they seem to get in there with stuff going to/from plot, plus they also keep getting in our house. I try to use the minimum in other situations, when it's either a case of use them or lose your plants, but wouldn't want cheap pellets encouraging anybody to simply chuck handfuls around willy nilly.

Slug pellets.PNG

• Informative Informative x 2
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,208
      I went to Homebase a couple of days ago to collect a new strimmer in their clearance sale, wish I'd spotted these at the same time. I have noticed that the 10kg of Growmore and Chicken Pellets are £8.49 with the 15% off, I know that Wickes are selling it much cheaper but they have none in stock near me.

• HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,247
      Do Wickes have any gardening stuff at this time of year ? I am going down town today , and would like a bag of GrowMore seed compost.

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,208
      My local Wickes has no gardening stuff at all at this time of year, it varies from store to store, so maybe give them a ring.

• WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +5,102
      BTW £5 OFF £20 IN HOMEBASE GARDEN THIS WEEKEND WITH SAT TELEGRAPH. AND FREE 1KG BIRD FOOD TOO

• Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
      Create multiple accounts at https://www.mymail.co.uk/registration and print multiple £1 off NCG soup coupons, buy 8 x NCG soups at Waitrose for £1.05 each, add a copy of Sat's Telegraph to get total shop to £10, get the paper for nothing (you need a MyWaitrose card, if you don't have one, get a temporary one before you shop - but they may have stopped those as some people were 'joining up' several times a day to get multiple free cups of tea/coffee every day) and hand over 8 coupons getting everything for only 40p, then go to Homebase and collect your free bird food. Then go home, feed the birds and have some 5p soup for your lunch (serves 2).

EDIT: £1 off vouchers can now be printed directly from NCG Soup's website, not previously any limit per PC, just one per email address, and unlike Mymail they actually need to be real ones as (unlike Mymail ;)) you need to get emailed a link to print http://newcoventgardensoup.com/

Anybody going to buy £20's worth of slug pellets? I think Jacks Magic 30L might work out quite cheap with 25% off. The 60L bags are £6.99, but 30L bags are only £2.43 on clearance at the moment, so would be only £1.82 after 25% off, 6p/Litre. Check stock (before buying soup) here http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homeba...36|nw:g|rnd:2342768312700371927|dvc:c|adp:1o2 None at my nearest Homebase, but 78 bags in stock where I'm taking Mrs Scrungee for a birthday treat, just got to explain I'll be getting something for myself whilst we're there!

P.S. There's a rumour all Waitrose's Xmas stuff will be 10p from today (Sat 2nd).

NCG soup.png

NCG MOCs.jpg

• Like Like x 2
        Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
      • Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        Voucher in Telegraph (it's one combined for bird food and £5 off £20) valid until close of business Sun 3rd Jan.

Don't forget to use your Nectar Card when getting free stuff as you will still get points, I'll also be getting double Nectar points on my £5 off £20 shop using the voucher I got when buying my 28p slug pellets (which would work out at only 25p if part of a £5 off £20 shop).

• WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,102
        5£ off wouldnt work in conjunction with the 15% off gardening online depite interrogating the manager,then forgot to pick up the cheap slug pellets,but got 20 growbags for 19 quid so all good for 2016........... ;)

• Like Like x 1
        • Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,997
          I was rather wondering myself about a £23.53 click and collect order, down to £20 with 15% off, then trying another £5 off with the Telegraph voucher when collecting instore.

Probably the best saving is one tub of slug pellets online with 15% off for 28p, get a double points voucher at the till, then use the £5 off £20 and also get double points on it.

Nicked my in-laws Telegraph voucher and used to get the last pack of Robin food in my local Homebase, that will be a present for one of them!

Got another DT using NCG soup MOCs from Waitrose (which also got us free town centre parking on a busy Saturday), so going for some JM compost tomorrow.

• Cinnamon

Cinnamon Super Gardener

NHS
          Ratings:
          +893
          My local Homebase has 3kg of yellow daffodil bulbs for £1 and amaryllis for £1.69. But nothing I want.

• Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
          Ratings:
          +7,297
          I picked up my 28p slug pellets all 4kg of them @1.12 Thanks for the heads up @Scrungee

• Like Like x 1