A few more photees, getting to grips with my camera

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by al n, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
    Ratings:
    +31,832
    Lovely portrait of your son Al n in #8. He's very photogenic. I have, at last, completed Assignment 1. We are so lucky to have Steve at the helm,
    Jenny

• Like Like x 2
    • al n

al n Total Gardener

self employed
      Ratings:
      +3,267
    • Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
      Ratings:
      +3,702
      This "hassling photographers" has been going on for a good ten years or more, and all of it's grounding is due to a lack of education. I can remember one particular case about 5-6 years ago where one photographer actually had his memory card confiscated by an over ambitious special constable in Ipswich.

I cant remember what the tog was shooting but it was deemed by the SPC to be against the law, so the card was confiscated. The story made the national press after a group of us online togs got together and advised the poor tog what to do.

Eventually, the memory card was returned along with a public apology from the force. And further to that, it has been cited many times over to over zealous officiaries.

The following card was then issued by the Bureau of Freelance Photographers, also as a result of our assistance to my friend, by an online forum. Its worthwhile carrying a copy with you when out and about shooting.

[​IMG]

There is also a full guide to photographers rights here..http://www.sirimo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ukphotographersrights-v2.pdf

But in a nutshell, no one has the right to tell you to stop taking photographs in a public place whatsoever providing your not getting in anyones way or obstructing entrances, footways or the emergency services.

There is a situation where the police can become involved if for example your taking photo's in a park, and a few kids are running around and a parent approaches you to tell you not to take pics of their kids, show them you are not by previewing your pics to them, if they continually insist you stop and someone calls the police they may say your causing an afray, politely tell them its the parent, show them your photo's and insist you have a right. Then point out to them anyone in the area who is holding a mobile phone (essentially a camera) and request they ask them to stop using it too.

You must get permission on private land however.

Steve...:)

• Like Like x 2
      • wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +91,663