A place to rant mark ii

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by daitheplant, Dec 27, 2007.

1. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    pete, if it's that much of a sxxt hole, why are you still here?

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Sadly rotweilers will be given a bad name and not the owners. Rottweilers can be very carlm plessant dogs but sadly many owners seeem incaypable of training them.

I always remember being bitten by a retreiver whilst walking, the owner took great offence to the fact that after pulling my arm away I gave it several hard kicks. Sadly some dog owners think thier dogs are saints and will not show leadership. The bloke was of the opinion that the dog had took offence to the fact my coat was rustling!

At a young stage the first sighn of biteing can easily be stopped either by imediatly giving a hard cuff or better still biteing back, sounds barbarick but is only needed once or twice and is the natural reaction the animals mother would do.

3. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    I might be out of my depth, here. Isn't a dog just a wolf that's been bred to look pretty? But still has a wolf's characteristics? [​IMG]

4. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    P.G. Love it :D That's my daughter's reaction when the g-children bite someone. Terribly non-PC but it works, they don't seem terribly traumatised, they just don't use biting as a form of aggression :D

5. mgn

mgn Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i was attacked by a rottweiler once - it wasnt on a lead and the owner just walked away. i dont blame the dog though - it should have been on a lead and muzzled. i ended up in hospital with cellulitus in my arm.

6. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi, mgn. I was attacked by a collie when I was a kid. I don't think it matters what breed it is, they're just semi-domesticated wolves. It's just, what dogs are. [​IMG]

7. mgn

mgn Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i think breed does matter personally, although doesnt mean a dog will be bad or good - but i could take on say a yorkshire terrier if it wanted to bite me but i cant a rottweiler. i'm more scared of horses though than dogs :o) now they are scarey!

8. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Pro, I agree we have a couple of dogs around here which people are wary of, and I have to say, if one of them went for me I would kick it right between the posts. Caj, agree with you to, it`s up to the owners to control these animals. We had a dog a long time ago who was "wilful", so I did the old farmers trick, and bit it`s ear. After that he was the most loyal and faithful ( and well behaved ) dog you could wish for. Why did I bite him? well I was tormenting the wife and he ( the dog ) bit my nose. [​IMG]

9. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Lol Caj and Daith,I was shure I wasnt the only dog bite er! :D

10. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Another kiddie died today, she had to be the most unluckiest child on this planet. Walking to school with her mum in Plymouth, and as they walked past one house, it exploded. The mother got away with minor injuries but the little girl was killed by falling masonry. It was, sadly, her " time ".

11. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,642
    Sorry Cajary, missed you post till now.

Where can I go?
    Who's gonna take a "over the hill" chippy with a bad attitude.
    Not all places are as welcoming as this one you know.

By the way, I've got a collie.
    I've always found them to be very good judges of character :D :D :D

12. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Pete, the only way someone can be classed as over the hill is when they are incapable of carrying out their trade. And I don`t think that applies to you.

13. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,642
    Thanks David, but I think I must be approaching the summit then. :D

14. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    I doubt if I`m far behind you. :D [​IMG]

15. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Well, Pete. If you own a property you could probably sell it. Interest rates in Turkey are about 16-18%. It's a very cheap country to live in so you could probably live on the interest. We were seriously considering re-locating until the g-children made an appearance. We weren't thinking of moving because of this country. All countries have there up and down sides and I had all the "patriotism" knocked out of me by "Maggie". It would just be a "quality of life" thing.
    As regards you being "over the hill" don't believe it for a minute. You're mind's too sharp. Lots of people appreciate a bad attitude (ask any of my bosses) providing you can do the business when it counts