Advice please on creating a new raised lawn over wetland with Giant Hogweed

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by yawningdog, May 16, 2010.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    Hey yawningdog, glad to know you can see where we are all coming from.. Sadly I kinda thought that the property was going to be your home, but a beautiful little spot none the less... I love your last comment too....!!:lollol:
    I understand what you are saying about the TV program then, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea, but sounds like you are one up on us there having worked in TV.. :D I still think someone like Chris would be a good person for advice though whatever you do do, but.. Planners usually want to know what your landscaping will consist of at the planning stage.. Hmmm Decisions then mate.. Well I hope you do choose to make a feature out of the whole stream & bog area, but whatever you do decide I, for one, would love to see it transform..!:gnthb:
    I come from the New Forest area & it is a whole beautiful area.. :gnthb:

2. yawningdog

yawningdog Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Update, spoke with the Hampshire Wildlife Trust today, just so happens that they have acquired a grant from the Environment Agency to remove the Hogweed in our location, so that is great news.

I will of course post the outcome of the new garden on here. It'll definitely be designed to take advantage of the existing bogland. I also hope that I will be able to involve Chris.

Bye.