allotment etiquette ?

Discussion in 'Allotments Discussion' started by chitting kaz, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    I've recently had a border dispute with another plot holder, in our rules it was clear....that they had broken them, so it was dealt with by the council. Check your sites rules there is probably something in there that will help.

I'm glad John (JWK) suggested canes and string it's what I was thinking when I started reading this topic, not as a physical barrier but just a reminder where they should not tread.

I think if you put a mini bed along there they will only trample it anyway.

Tell them the new string fence is just a reminder to them so they dont come into the plot and trample anymore of your mew plants..."by accident" as you'll be planting everywhere and dont want anymore damaged.

Steve...:)

• Like Like x 1
    • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,248
      This signage may work Kaz...........

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +122,466
        You forgot to mention the bear trap in the bottom of the hole! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
        • chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +2,616
          well it is piddling down with rain here ...... so no one up the allotments ..... except me of course:yess:

so have started to move soil.. i have piled some earth along the length of my side of the divide and i have left pots all along the length i have also put a piece of fence wire to close up the hole on the other side of my plot and because it was raining while i have been digging for them to use or to try to use a short cut they will find themselves
          Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel 2 - Slip Slidin' Away - YouTube

:D

• Like Like x 3
          • Lottie

Lottie Apprentice Gardener

Business Owner/marketing and mentoring
            Ratings:
            +5
            I like your idea of making a fruit boundary with wires! I would suggest measuring the guy who takes the short cuts and making sure one of the wires is exactly at his throat level! Then plant thorny blackberries....

Sorry to hear they are giving you a bit of a hard time - it sounds like they are trying to suss you out. I agree with the others - make it clear you are not soft NOW!!! Once they stop sulking from the shock it will be much better.

I think we both got our allotments at a similar time. Your progress on your allotment so far is putting me to shame - especially as you started off with so much clearing work. Once I get over my chest infection I will be there! I wish I was well today - it is gorgeous outside!

• Like Like x 1
            • chitting kaz

Ratings:
              +2,616
              :loll:yes i think we did , but as you have probably figured out it is not actually mine lol

oh hey it is now lol i am not leaving i have done to much there :heehee::loll:

i have to hit the plot hard with what ever spare time i get and as my garden is all good to go just waiting for the weather to warm up so i can get some plants / veggies in :yess:

i am on nights night but the off for a whole week :yess::yess:
              OH thinks i should put this up on the fence
              [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
              • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
                +0
                They obviously don't know you're friends with me Kaz or they wouldn't have tree'd you off in the first place.

Collect various seeds during the summer, Couch Grass, Bindweed, Ground Elder, Small Nettle (the one that really stings), roll these into damp balls of clay & lob them on the plots of the offenders when they are not there.

Then visit the pet shop & get a bag of Hemp Seed, these are meant to be sterile, but i've found that not the case. Sprinkle those in the banks or hedges on the other plots.

While they are battling the sudden new weed problem & not watching the pot plants growing at the edge of the plots, give plod a call.

• Like Like x 3
                • chitting kaz

Ratings:
                  +2,616

:heehee: ziggy you are bad :heehee:

i think the plod wouldnt need to be called as he has one of the bottom plots :mute: and would have to walk pass their boundaries :yess:
                  OH loves your humour :D

• Like Like x 1
                  • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
                    +0
                    Even better, no one could accuse you of grassing them up:heehee:

• Like Like x 2