allotments petition

Discussion in 'Allotments Discussion' started by amg, Aug 20, 2009.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596

Also while the law requires them to do it, it doesn't set any time limits, so the council could say there are plans underway and we should have it done in 50 years.

2. geoffhandley

geoffhandley Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Then as i understand it they would have to show how they had made plans. There could be cases, particularly in very densely built up areas where they might simply not have the land to use. In most cases though I don't think the argument that they are getting round to it would hold much water. Its a case of someone taking a council to court. I think I heard a story that an allotment organisation in Wales was considering targeting a council to set an example.
    Unfortunately it is the same with a lot of our legislation. I worked for an employer who broke employment legislation and in order to get the law enforced I have to take out a legal action. Luckily for me my household insurance covers me for that, a lot dont.